1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

For the Bolt fans who worry over Peyton Manning

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by BoltWalt, Jul 14, 2012.

1. BoltWalt

BoltWalt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +68
    Take heart the chargers have won four of the last five games they have played against Peyton:

2005 game 14 Chargers beat Colts ending their perfect season bid.
    http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d8005691f/Chargers-26-Colts-17
    2007 Manning almost brings them back in this regular season game but this is football, not horseshoes or hand-grenades.
    http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d8041c5dc/Chargers-23-Colts-21
    The playoffs: http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-...8397/NFL-GameDay-Chargers-vs-Colts-highlights

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-...e005/NFL-GameDay-Colts-vs-Chargers-highlights[/URL]

The Playoffs: http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d80ddc1d2/Chargers-23-Colts-17

2010 game Nov 28 win 36-14
    http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d81c7fde8/GameDay-Chargers-vs-Colts-highlights

So in the head to head games I feel the Chargers will hold their own. I do admit that I am wary about the non head to head games, these could give the Broncos a boost in the division race.

2. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    I see what you are saying.

However, what woories me more about Denver is their lines. They have good lines on both sides of the ball. I am not sold on Peyton being Peyton in Denver. In Indy he was the OC and at times the HC. He will not be that in Denver and will have to work within a system that is not his system.

I am eagerly awaiting the games, but this he will be more like Montana in KC, good for ticket sales, but not a rebirth of a career.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. BoltWalt

BoltWalt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +68
    I think you make a good point about Montana in KC. Speaking of KC, I worry a lot more about them than both the raiders and the Broncos.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,555
    I'm not that worried, even if he's 100%.

Just look at their schedule...holy ****.

5. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Owned him as a Colt.

I'll take our chances.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    I ain't into worrying who plays where, what they have or don't have. On game day the Bolts are still going to have to line up and play, might as well learn how to win with what you have than what you ain't got. Hope in one hand and shyte in the other, you know the drill!

7. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    No one in Denver agrees that they have a good DL, mainly because of a lack of any sport of quality NT

8. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Losing DJ Williams for a number of games isn't going to help any either.

So sad ..... :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

9. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    Yep, and it came out last week that he failed another drug test, and when taking a 3rd, a bottle fell out of him pants

http://blogs.denverpost.com/crime/2...ams-flunked-doping-test-court-documents/4168/

Throw in that he still has pending DUI case, he is likely done for the year and done as a Bronco.

Throw in that their defense was not nearly as good as advertised last year, and was very fortunate with the schedule they had

10. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Dumb-*** donkey couldn't even cheat successfully. :giggle:

11. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848
    Still love watching the 2008 playoff game :)

12. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,418
    As much as I like all those wins against Peyton and the Colts it's largely irrelevant to their chances against Peyton and the Donkeys this year.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    I'd say that the Donkeys don't believe that or they wouldn't have gone after him so aggressively.

He'll be just as relevant to Denver as he was in Indy, & I believe we'll handle him just as effectively.

14. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,886
    Peyton has a lot more to prove at this point than the Chargers do and it has nothing to do with past records. So many problems exist from the type injury he had, the fusion in my mind, is the least of his concern.

15. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Yeah - now he has to prove he's better than She-li. :roflmao:

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,418
    I'm not saying Peyton is irrelevant. I'm saying how the Chargers (with various different rosters) fared against Peyton Manning on a completely different team is hardly relevant to how they'll fare against him in Denver this year.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,074
    The players that were here and owned Peyton are no longer here, so now that aspect is gone. So now it comes down to if it is the 3-4 defense that the Chargers run, OR was the players in that system.

18. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    I disagree. I've read several articles outlining how Peyton is coaching up the offense on "his" system.

If we could dissect his system in Indy, we can do the same in Denver.

My biggest concern is our conditioning & how we'll handle the hurry-up offense at the mile high altitude.

19. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,418
    But the problem is, the defenses that dissected "his" system in Indy were coached by different defensive coordinators and had a lot of different personnel.

Sure, there's tape they can watch but other teams can watch that tape just as easily.

I'm not saying the Chargers can't beat him. I'm just saying looking at other defenses from past years doing it isn't going to instil any confidence in me for this year. It's a new year and a new team.

20. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    You're absolutely right - there were different players & different DC's in San Diego since Peyton joined Indy in 1998. Since he joined Indy, we have a 5-4 record against him. Not overwhelming, but over .500 ain't bad.

No particular DC or player dominated. Considering that, I like our chances to continue having success vs. Peyton, especially considering that the offensive weapons that he has in Denver aren't the caliber of what he had in Indy.

21. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,418
    The only thing that's the same between the defense now and the defenses that stopped Peyton are a few players (Jammer, Phillips) and the uniforms.

Well, the uniforms are slightly different as well.

22. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    The Bronc games will be the in Division must see games or will be touted thusly. BUT I agree its KC as the next in line in hunters for the lead of the division. I dont think im gonna make the KC game this year, that could mean we win soundly.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  23. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Manning isnt in Indy any more. We cnat judge what he will do in Denver by what he did do in Indy.

I want to see Ingram get his T-rex arms on him and do what the Tyranical King Lizard did to all those who got to close to him.... Watch Jurasic park... Youll get the image...

• Funny Funny x 1
  24. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    Except that getting Manning was the only chance Elway had to rid himself of Teblow, without the fan base running him out of town. Even if the Manning experiment fails, they were able to get rid of Teblow

25. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Correct. Thanks for supporting my point.

26. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,886
    Pag's has been with the team over ten years I believe and would include time during the most recent success against Manning. I just don't see Manning having the same success Brees enjoyed in changing teams, unless Manning went to Brees' super secrete bionic doctor.

27. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    I am skeptical of Peyton's potential as well. He has a lot to prove after his injury and with the change in organization for sure. However, if anyone could do it. It wouldn't surprise me if it was him. As much as I love to "hate" the guy and for our boys to beat him, he is a future HoF QB.

Ultimately, I just don't think assuming that we will continue our "dominance" over a Peyton-led team is a reasonable expectation to set. Not until we've seen them play anyway (both Chargers and Broncos). There's just too many variables which have changed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  28. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +411
    What I like is that it is all very familiar. The coaching staff know how to game plan against Peyton. They know the Donks. The unfamiliar was more the problem last year. eg: Detroit Lions. St. Louis Rams.

29. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,886

Very true, I'm not assuming anything where the Bolt's are concerned just pointing out that some of the pieces to past success are still in place. The only fact I can't state for truth is, the games must still be played and we'll all know the answers afterwards. Hope does spring forth this time of year and all is right until the first whistle blows.

• Agree Agree x 1
  30. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    Totally agree.

I'm just tired of unreasonable expectations being set for this squad and then when they aren't met people lose their friggin' minds :p know what I mean?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1