1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

For those planning for the Superbowl...

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan, Jun 22, 2007.

1. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,583
    I know it's early and our Bolts haven't played a game yet . But...

I just booked a 3 star hotel, the Radisson brand 2/1/08-2/4/08, for around $61 per night in the Phoenix City Center.

I found this using www.kayak.com. That site searches all the other Travel & hotel sites for you.

You won't find this deal using the Radisson website.

If you cancel, you will incur a $25 charge. But, considering the hotels in the area are booked or are charging over $400 per night, this is a bargain. And many of those hotels aren't this generous if you should cancel.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    My gawd man!

Your sick!

Way to be!

3. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    Already got a house lined up.

My wife's aunt owns a home in Phoenix, so we're set.

4. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    I won't be attending the SB. Wish I could, but for the Super Bowl I'll be watching it on the HD TV.

5. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    if i know for a fact that they are goin to the bowl, like its locked and set in stone, then i will be saving up money for tickets :)

6. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Consider a bunch of us can rent a motorhome for a few days, split costs and tear **** up. :icon_toast: :helm1:

7. tboltzcali

tboltzcali Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108
    I got family there so i already got reserves.

8. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    A 5 hour drive for a designate driver is not **** in a motorhome. We can pile about 6-10 people in one of those stretch jobs and have a rolling party. :tup:

I think I would want to be back in San Diego to root the winners at the stadium. I wonder if the team would stay the night or head back to San Diego immediately after the game ?

9. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Ratings:
    +1,583
    Yeah, but could you imagine what cleaning out one of those rigs would be like afterwards? :icon_eek: :icon_rofl:

10. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    We'll definetly have to plan a huge get together for the chargers in the super bowl in Arizona. Only problem I'll have is getting a ticket to the game. Way too expensive. But i'm planning on otherwise being at the before festivities with you all. And then somehow getting to san diego for the parade and the plane landing the next day. That will be huge.

I figure we'll all work something out by january.:yes: :tup:

11. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,748
    Chargers go to the Superbowl, I'm going to the game. No matter the cost.

12. tboltzcali

Ratings:
    +108
    I myself think its too early to talk super bowl. I can think super bowl but after last season, I dont like disappointment. I hope to be there if we do make it.

13. P88F

P88F BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +99
    Puro Pinche Party!

14. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Not me.

Jinx?

Screw any jinx.

Last year, I really thought we had it in the bag but did not want to commit to Florida and rather see the Super Bowl in San Diego with the fans at the Murph.

With the Super Bowl happening in Arizona that could be a once in a lifetime gig to attend being so close to home.

Chargers Fans could put a dent in the corporate dickheads who are sitting in seats which should be filled with REAL fans (such as the fans who post here or elsewhere) by being so close to home base - a 5 hour escapade of debauchery each way.

15. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    Just blow the fucer up and call the insurance company. :yes:

• Like Like x 2
  16. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Ratings:
    +1,583
    Zactly my point, oh man of the trumpet!

There is ZERO chance of any Superbowl being played on the west coast. San Fran and Oakland won't happen. Forget about Seattle. Zona is about as close as we'll get and if our Bolts are in it, I'll be there. :yes:

17. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,748
    :tup:

• Like Like x 1
  18. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848
    I like your thinking:tup: :tup:

19. tboltzcali

Ratings:
    +108
    I myself is still hurting from last years loss. I thought we were the AFC representatives. I expect us back in the playoffs this year but Ima let the players decide where we go.

20. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Yeah and what are the chances the Chargers are in position to be in the next Super Bowl in Arizona ?

Short of us building a stadium here which is worthy, it will be another 20 fuc*kin.g years before Chargers fans can get a wiff of the Super Bowls panties. Most or some of us will be dead by then......

This is why this freaking year is "do or die".

If these assshooles blow it this time, god help them. God help the queen and the queens dog. If anytime were a good time for Chargers fans to burn down the Murph just lose like they did again. Fuc this ****. Somebody or something is going down. :icon_twisted:

• Like Like x 1
  21. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    I have friends and lots of family that have retired to Phoenix... I'd be set with a place but will booking at that hotel CBF... Thanks sooooooo much!!

Sounds like our road trip this year might be a SB party, in Phoenix, in February..... If not at the game, itself, in someone's room..

I know I'll find a way to the game if the Bolts play....

22. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    Hey, just booked Days Inn in midtown Phoenix for $53.00 a night for 3 nights. It seems Radison is already booked.... or they figured out that they were letting their rooms go too cheaply..

Anyway, I'm booked and can change hotels if I find a better deal. Not all that exicted about Days Inn but won't be able to touch the price if the Bolts win their first five games or so, :tup:

My Hotel is in Central Phoenix... Does anyone know how close that is to the stadium??????

23. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    I'll be in Phoenix for the SB no matter who plays... but sure hope it's the Bolts... May have to get another mortgage on my house but will find a way to that game if the Bolts are playing.... :yes: :icon_toast:

24. Boltzzz

Boltzzz BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +99
    Trumpet, me and my oldest kid are planning on going to the Super Bowl no matter who plays, at least go for all the partying and we plan on renting some kind of motorhome also, think its the way to go. But the $61/night is one hellava bargain!!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  25. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Yeah it is and flights are cheap to Phoenix.

A motorhome provides a chance to get lap dances (for the single guys of course) :abq2:

26. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Ratings:
    +1,583
    Just checked using www.kayak.com and the Radisson no longer appears (the Days Inn still does). I do know that the Radisson is about 13 miles from the stadium. I would guess yours is roughly the same distance away.

27. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    CBF, I think my hotel is at least 20 miles from the stadium... That's OK... I'll get a car. I might not mind being a little farther out from some of the craziness and jacked up prices you'll find closer to the stadium and the airport....

28. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    You'll need wheels there. The stadium is on the outer loop, and not really close to anything.