1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

for those that are overreacting

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by MasterOfPuppets, Oct 5, 2009.

1. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +636
    yes, the Chargers played pathetic defense against the steelers (and not much better the previous 3 games)

But...

They played bad last year also at the start of the season and managed to make the playoffs and win a playoff game (8-8 is nothing to celebrate I know)

What if they learned their lesson and come back and beat (in dominating fashion) the donks, chiefs and radiers and get to 5-2, what will you think then?

Nobody is getting fired in the middle of the season, so might as well give the entire coaching staff the year to prove themselves

Nobody is getting drafted in the middle of the season, so we should let the young guys in both lines (Vasquez, Martin, Nwagbo) learn, go thru their growing pains and evaluate the needs in both lines at the end of the season

• Like Like x 1
  2. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    I'm one of those strange guys that realizes playoff wins don't get you any titles. At one time, the possibility of this team winning a Super Bowl was very real but that window isn't opening any wider as time passes by.

This Reality Check was brought to you by B4L! :bolt:

3. MasterOfPuppets

Ratings:
    +636
    I didn't know you could win a championship without playoff wins :icon_huh:

Who knows, yeah LT is declining, so is Jamal but the rest of the team is young, Rivers is the key and he's young and signed for a long time, what if the young guys in both lines become good players? (this one's just for you) what if Norv is fired and [fill in your prefered coach's name here] is brought in? what if AJ has another 1-2 great drafts?

4. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    bet you rivera is lookin forward to this week off, he was PISSED yesterday. i know when a coach gets that pissed off, look out for the next few practices. motivation please!

5. Skuzzlebutt

Skuzzlebutt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +128
    I think this team will be 5-2. But if they go 5-2 with wins like the Raiders and Dolphins wins? I won't be any happier than I am today. And I'm not happy today.

6. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Well that would be great but I don't see it happening.
    Like I mentioned in another post, a coach with a proven past such as Gruden, Billick, Cowher, Holgram, etc. won't come here because they won't put up with AJ's s*it! AJ has made his battles with Marty and LT nationally known. My friends back East who are Steelers, Ravens, Eagles, and Redskins fans ken about this before I told them. That shouldn't have happened.

Not to mention, if there is a OC or DC available that could be the next Tomlin, Whisenhunt, etc. they won't come here either, cause they don't want to be somebody's puppet.

AJ needs to go as well.

7. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    Yeah he was spitting fire. And I don't really fault Rivera for what we're seeing on the field. Rivera has thrown everything, including the kitchen sink, at opposing o-lines and our players are flat out getting beat.

You can call any play you want, if your guys lose their individual match ups you're not going to have success.

• Like Like x 1
  8. MasterOfPuppets

Ratings:
    +636
    ok, add "AJ is fired and your prefered GM is brought in, my point is that the window is not necessarily closing

9. bigmike.x.09

Ratings:
    +280
    yep. go mike singletary on their asses, ron, **** em up.

10. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,407
    The Chargers aren't going to sneak into the playoffs at 8-8 this year.

11. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Playoffs?

[​IMG]

12. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    I'm not going to over-react, but I am very, very tired of hearing the same excuses & seeing little change in performance.

It's high time to sit some starters & let the young, hungry guys see what they can do.

And yes, B4L, Norv needs to get a good swift kick in the *** as well. :yes: The whole staff needs to be held accountable.

It starts with AJ.

13. Chargers-Superhero

Chargers-Superhero Just win the Damn SB !!!

Ratings:
    +117
    Defense is playing worse this year than in 2008.

We give up 165 yards to a guy that was BENCHED the previous week because he didn't have a grasp of the playbook???

Every week some player has a big game against us, that struggles against any other team.

Defense will be the downfall to this team this year.

Watch and see if KC ,and Oakland have 100 yard rushers against us, and keep the game close making us sweat it out. Watch and see Denver have a 100 yard rusher against us as well. Watch and see it will happen.:icon_evil:

14. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    You hit that nail on the head and it wasn't me who typed it. You know less about football than my pit bull's. I can point to great teams and coaches and say that's where we should be, but, that's easy to do, any idiot can do it.

15. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    Brian Billick - "the best team to coach right now is the San Diego Chargers. Their management and talent are set to be perennial contenders for years, if they could find the right coach." In all honesty, I think if Turner fails in the Playoffs, Billick will be on the sidelines next year, at his request.

16. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    But only an idiot would keep pointing to the playoff wins and use that as justification for Norv's coaching! :yes:

17. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    If that happens, Super Bowl Guaranteed!!! :bolt: :yes: :tup:

18. LaDeezie21

LaDeezie21 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +82
    Dude, come on. So what is tanking the season and HOPING that the Donkeys lose their new strategy? How is reacting to 4 badly played games overreacting?

It's great to be optimistic. More power to you, but you are probably delusional if you think this team is on track to do something great this year.

This team is a joke. I feel bad for people who got Sunday Ticket to follow the bolts. ouch.

19. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    Let's just look at the Pitt game as one of those games. Most teams go through one and we just happened to do it on National TV. I mean, there is absolutely no way we are as bad as what we showed last night. The game against the Donks is going to be like the Steelers playing us. Steelers came off a bad loss to Cinci and needed to get their act together and prove to themselves that they are better than what their record represented. Now we are gonna go against the Donks after a bad loss and no one expected this team to be 2-2 at this point. I almost wish that we didn't have the bye this week so when we play them the embarrassing loss would be fresh on their minds.

Hopefully they spend a lot of this downtime looking at game tape and it has to be pointed out to the players how bad they have blown their coverage. What I don't get is why does it seem that Jammer is usually playing receivers close (as proof of all of the croken up pass plays he gets) yet Cro is never in the picture when his man gets the ball. :icon_huh:

20. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    Happy more than ever that I was able to get ST, HD & SF for $169. But it still worth having for all of the other games going on.

21. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Dead account

Ratings:
    +1,028
    I admit it - I am under-reacting. :D

22. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Answer: He's busy "tweeting" what a great corner he is.....

[​IMG]

23. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,886
    I refuse to accept what happened in the Burgh, we got our *** kicked and but good. Something has to change and it has to happen yesterday.

24. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    What scares me is that this team NEEDS to come out strong and impose their will on the Donks. They needs to be the bullies instead of getting bullied. Yet, what is our track record on games coming off a bye? This is a game can see them coming out soft and lordy lordy lordy I hope I am dead wrong.

25. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    We come out soft EVERY game.

THAT'S OUR PROBLEM!!

:tdown:

26. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Nothing like having to run wind sprints because you missed a tackle. Nothing like endless tackling practice after the normal course of preparation. Nothing like extra mandatory hours in the film room. Nothing like writing your assignments 100 times on the blackboard.

27. Fouts14

Fouts14 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    Overreacting? I think not! I flew to the game and sat right behind the Chargers bench. There was no energy on that side of the field. Lt looked hurt and slow, Norv was looking at past play photos more than the game. And WTF.... Merriman did'nt play on most short yard plays. Does anyone know why he played so few downs? He was never a factor in the game.

28. bigmike.x.09

Ratings:
    +280
    keep a running count during film ron, run them to the ground. ive had a coach tell us "we may not be the best team, but well be the most in shape." do it ron. ****ing do it.

29. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,886
    Our defense is where the major problem lie's, they are soft and will not make a stand. Ron need's to instill the fear of all creation into them. Work them till they start falling out, then, line them up and walk away without a word. Come back a few minutes later, if anyone of them is grab assing, cutting up or not in the spot he should be work the hell out of them some more.

30. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Discipline. Make these guys realize that their jobs, as starters & as Chargers, are not guaranteed. If that makes them roll up in a little ball & give up, then so be it. At least then we'll know for sure who the ones are who want to be champions & who are the pretenders.

This isn't a new problem. It didn't just start with Norv. Maybe it's gotten worse, but a lot of these guys act like they're more concerned about getting the game over so that they can go clubbing or tweeting or whatever the hell it is that they want to do besides play football.

We need more guys like Oggie who is hungry to play. Maybe his skill sets aren't where they need to be just yet, but his story tells me that there's no quit in the man.

Time to call out the pussies for who & what they are.