1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

For those with those lingering "If we had kept Brees we'd have a Lombardi" doubts...

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Thunderstruck, Sep 16, 2007.

1. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272
    Anyone happen to catch the Saints vs. Bucs?

If you saw the game, do you still believe Brees would've been the final piece of the puzzle to winning a championship last year?

Is there anyone who still thinks the Saints' record last year wasn't hugely due to:

1. Emotion
    2. New scheme?

The Saints look like one of the worst teams I've seen in awhile. Maybe they got too full of themselves after getting some national hype, but I know one thing: Brees hasn't yet put up two back-to-back great seasons.

2. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    I'm not ready to blame Brees yet. The Saints teh suck all the way 'round and Bush ain't much help.

3. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    For those with those lingering "If we had kept Brees we'd have a Lombardi" doubts

The Saints just may be rated the worst scoring offense right now! :icon_eek:

4. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    For those with those lingering "If we had kept Brees we'd have a Lombardi" doubts

How many different threads do we need for Thrunderstruck to try and be an internet tough guy in? Mods could you merge Thunderstrucks piss pot threads?

5. BestInTheWest

BestInTheWest Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +16

Yep, especially since Oakland managed to score 21 points last week. :icon_eek:

6. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851

The only team that may rank lower than them could be the Chiefs, since they are facing the Bears right now. :icon_eek:

7. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205

I know it's been said time and time again, Qb's, way too much credit when things go good, way too much blame when they lose.

8. IgorUnchained

IgorUnchained BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +10

Rivers (with LT, Gates, LoNeal, and a much better O line) has looked soooo much better this season. Any doubt that Brees could read a blitz and/or scramble better than Rivers?

Im happy with Philip....dont get me wrong, but it is laughable to bring up Brees (who doesnt have Horn or Stallworth anymore).

I think the lesson that the Saints and Bolts could be learning is that veteran leadership is more valuable than they thought. Training rookies at starting positions year after year doesnt work as well as maintaining a veteran starting lineup through keeping your core and bringing in vets to get you over the hump (when you are 12-4...or 14-2 and go one and out in the playoffs especially).

Live and Learn.

Did anyone notice Brees made the Pro Bowl and was co-NFL Man of the Year? Did anyone see him on TV when he spent the day with that sick kid about a month ago? Remember when he was a great player and a great leader for this team? Yeah...screw that guy! :icon_tease:

Let's start a thread to talk smack about Donnie now that our middle is leaking like a sieve. :abq2:

9. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579

Sorry, but Rivers has been garbage this year. And it makes no difference to me that Brees has also sucked.

Rivers is a joke so far this year.

10. Chavez

Chavez Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +37

Not so fast...

11. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979

True that.

12. OverVolt

OverVolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18

????

After what just happen to the Bolts who really cares about what's going on with Brees and the Saints?
    Fact is, this year neither our past or present QB's have looked good.
    Rivers looks no better, and in this Forum, he's really the only QB the matters.
    Brees is gone, let him go.

Edit: I also know another team that may have gotten to full of themselves (fans included) after getting some national hype.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272

True that.

14. OverVolt

OverVolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18
    All we can now hope is that heads have deflated, and team will get down to business this week and put a whipping on GB...because if Favre were to beat us next week, then our team and season are in serious doubt...and the reason I say that has more to do with a tough mental stance, than a physical one. (or if we loose, the lack of it)

15. IgorUnchained

IgorUnchained BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +10

"One play at a time....one game at a time"

16. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979

ZACTLY!