1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Forcasting our next 3 games

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by matilack, Oct 12, 2014.

1. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,551
    vs KC - Coming off their bye week. Andy Reid is 13-2 all time off regular season byes.

@ DEN - on 3 days rest we have to travel to Denver.

@ MIA - An underrated team with a stingy defense and a mobile QB.

BYE - Merciful and wonderful bye week to get healthy.

Anyone else worried about this?

2. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,411
    You can look at any NFL game and find reasons to worry about it. (Anything in life actually)

I choose not to expend uneccesary energy. When game time comes I'll see what happens.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    We are Chargers fans.... of course we are worried.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  4. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,411
    Even today, a new head coach taking over. Regardless of his less than stellar resume you never know what'll come from a stark change.

Even against Jacksonville I silently held a little concern because of the unknown with a rookie QB who could have came out on all cylinders for all we knew. That didn't really materialize save a few early drives but the point is if you look hard enough you can always find excuses to be worried about upcoming opponents.

Any Given Sunday adds enough concern. Let's not find reasons to pile on.

5. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,733
    Concentrate on this Sunday first...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    It ain't my arse on the line, I ain't worried about shite.

7. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,411
    Concern going into the Jets game was going against a top ranked run D with our 3rd and 4th RBs...

Just see what happens.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. ChargerMike

ChargerMike BoltBruthaFromAnuthMutha

Ratings:
    +481
    Complacency scares the hell outta me. :speechless:

9. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,551
    HA :rolleyes: well thank you for that non answer, glad you could contribute to the thread.

10. SuperCharger92

SuperCharger92 Winners Win

Ratings:
    +942
    W
    W
    W

My count I have 8-1 heading into the bye.

11. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,551
    This is probably the best answer yet, because it's so true.

I guess my point was what kind of shape do you think we'll be in at the bye. I feel like we should beat KC, and probably MIA, but all 3 are losable. 5-4 is a very realistic scenario. I think I could settle for 6-3.

12. charger1993

charger1993 bad motherfucker

Ratings:
    +162
    agree, I'm not scared of really any team we play, I'm more worried about playing crappy teams, that could be a trap game. Like today.

13. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,733
    Just a bundle of optimism...

rose_colored_glasses.jpg

14. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,411
    If you're not prepared for answers you don't like then don't ask the question.

I'm just telling you how I feel about concern over the games. Blame yourself you asked the question.

15. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,411
    You're not going to like this response but all 3 are equally loseable and winable.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,411
    As for worrying more because it's the Chargers? I'd worry equally even if the Chargers hadn't lost a game yet in franchise history.

Any given Sunday is what feeds generic concern.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Joy Division

Joy Division Slightly-known Member

Ratings:
    +542
    I'm sticking with my prediction from Week 2.
    15-1.

• Like Like x 2
  18. SuperCharger92

SuperCharger92 Winners Win

Ratings:
    +942
    I agree anything can happen on any given Sunday.. But I feel like this team is propelling and getting stronger and stronger week in and week out. Despite injuries; underperformers, this team is finding a way to win. Which is rare, usually we found a way to lose.

Rivers is playing out of his mind. Reich and McCoy are doing a hell of a job with the offense, kind of reminds me of the "system" they run in Green Bay in terms of personnel -- plug in players and get production.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,551
    I didn't say you were wrong, but we all know the "one game at a time", "never take a game for granted" cliché train coach speak Leo. You're response is always welcome, but it's a tired and worn out mantra, and you made it knowing it was not going to be in the spirit of the conversation. I'm only calling you out for being boring.:D Cmon man give me something.

20. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,551
    This is definitely a game we'd have lost in the past 5 years or so.

If I had to pick a team, I'd say they remind me a bit of the 2009 Saints. The offense was great, the defense was mediocre and inconsistent....but extremely opportunistic when the game was on the line. Injuries are now threatening that comparison though, we can't have Flowers missing serious time.

21. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,733
    The icebag on the crotch does help manage the pain a little.

22. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,551
    Seriously though it looked bad. The only semi reassuring part is that the cart did not come out, and he didn't go directly to the locker room. Which could mean nothing.

Richard Marshall starting is a baaad thing.

23. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,411
    Hey, cliche or not it's how I feel on the matter.

Even if I try and entertain the subject for the sake of discussion I see no real compelling argument that tells me either game is more winable or loseable.

Andy Reid has a good record after byes? Ok I don't put too much stock in that because most of that was with other players and another team. And the fact that he has losses says his team can lose after byes.

Denver on three days rest? They'll be on the same three days rest. They concern me most of the three because of the forehead but that'd be just as true on Sunday or in San Diego.

Your Miami concern seems like the biggest and most vague reasoning, like you had to find something to complete the trifecta. Not that I'd take them lightly, but I wouldn't take any NFL team lightly.

Any rate, there's going to be inherent concern about any upcoming opponent by nature of the sport but I see no need for added alarm here save maybe with the continuing injury concerns.

24. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +500
    Just noticed this thread was started before last nites game.... jeeeez talk about overlooking the Raiders, who played us real tough. We coulda lost that game and we were all confident going in. Just goes to show...

Right now I can't see us beating Denver in Denver. But I won't be shocked if we do. I was shocked at the manner we beat Seattle though.

The other 2 KC and Miami are hard to call. Having KC at home makes things better, Miami away will be tough.

25. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    It's hard to worry about tomorrow, next week or the week after that until today is finished and the inventory is completed. Who is hurt and who is injured and for how long?? who will be coming back off the injury list. Maybe Fivehead strains his back removing his wallet from his back pocket and can't go against the Bolts. Maybe Rivers decides to join the priesthood and heads to a monastery in Argentina not to be found.

I do know one thing, those games will be played and they will end and the Bolts will either win, lose or tie. Now this all depends on this planet still being around by then.

• Winner Winner x 1
  26. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Denver looks very beatable this year. They are not blowing out teams like they were last year. They added a bunch more talent to the team, but somehow it doesn't seem to be translating to the field yet. I won't guarantee a win in Denver or anything, but I'm confident that it will be a close game and we'll have a chance to win at the end.

• Agree Agree x 1
  27. tito

tito BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +133
    The problem is the Denver game and three days of rest. Brutal and frankly total BS scheduling. Lets pull out the stops to win KC. Write off Denver and then run Mathews and Oliver all over Miami to be 7-2 at the bye.

I wouldn't say to write off any game, but the scheduling is terrible 2 teams in a row with byes and then 3 days rest at Denver. :mad:

28. Bigkdb

Bigkdb BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +74
    Whats wrong with you guys? Miami will be tough? with who Tannehill? He's better than Geno and EJ but cmon he's still weak and the Chiefs are just about on the same level as the raiders to me. Only difference is they have a good coach and we know dam well they won't play us as hard as the Raiders so im calling W. The only game I have in question is the Broncos game and thats only cause of our defense. So for sure W vs Dolphins and Chiefs. We will have to see on Denver

29. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,411
    I don't like three days rest for Denver either but let's not ignore the fact that Denver will be operating on those same three days. Sure they're at home but three days is three days.

30. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,411
    The defense has one bad game and you're writing them off?