1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Forget about Vincent Jackson, can we stop Doug Martin?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan, Nov 4, 2012.

1. MadMike

MadMike Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +473
    Contain Dougie Doug? Check
    Contain VJ? Check
    Block on Punt team? ... Uhh no
    Contain Rivers from going crazy? ... Again no

2. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Quoted

Good call. I believe the bucs only ran about 40 plays (about 25 fewer than avg). But you still got the number! Too bad all of the chargers offensive time of possession turned into complete crap thanks to Rivers and his dirty fuccing stache.

3. SuperCharger92

SuperCharger92 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +633
    Close call.. 119 total yards for Martin.. 68 on the ground and 51 in the air..

I just knew it wasn't going to happen. He's a great raw talent, and you see him carry the ball, high and tight, NEVER lets go of it and even holds it high and tight to give it to the ref. Kid is gonna be good, but like I said that performance against Oakland was more a poor performance from them than a great one by Dougie. That performance will be his best ever. Its hard to top that, and also the school boy tackling by the Raiders.

4. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    I think if the Bucs had gotten to the 60+ play mark Doug would have broken 100 rushing (or at least 150 combined). He was grinding it out on their last drive to give them the dagger field goal.

If he stays healthy he's a solid 6-8 year starter.