1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Former Blazer Kevin Duckworth Dead at 44

Discussion in 'All Other Sports' started by Deb, Aug 26, 2008.

1. Deb

Deb BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +255

Posted Aug 26th 2008 1:03PM by Brett Edwards (author feed)
    Filed under: Trail Blazers

[​IMG]

Sad news out of Portland this morning, as former Trail Blazer and two-time NBA All-Star Kevin Duckworth has passed away at the age of 44. The cause of death is unknown at this time.

Duckworth was a member of the Blazers from 1986-1993, and was a fan favorite who played a substantial role on two Blazers' Western Conference Championship teams in 1990 and 1992. Blazers' fan Henry Abbott of TrueHoop shares this fond memory of the Blazers' big man:
    I'll always remember Duckworth for his starring role in the most exciting basketball game I have ever seen in person: Portland's come-from-behind Game 7 win over Larry Brown, David Robinson, Rod Strickland, and the San Antonio Spurs in the second-round of the 1990 playoffs.

Duckworth played in that game against doctor's orders, and while his stat line proved to be average, he managed to make things extremely difficult for Robinson, helping Portland keep things close. Portland found themselves down seven in the closing minutes, but made a late and thrilling run to send the game to overtime, where they were able to secure a crucial victory on the road to the Finals. ​
    Duckworth remained active in the Portland community, and in fact "was on the Oregon Coast representing the Trail Blazers as a Heritage Ambassador" when this occurred. He will certainly be missed.

LINK

• Like Like x 1
  2. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Jesus :no: :icon_sad:

3. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    What? Another young one goes down!

4. Lightning's Girl

Lightning's Girl Mod Chick =) Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,153
    Damn........I remember Kevin from his playing days here in Oregon, and I'm not even a basketball fan. I'm sorry to hear this.

5. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Wonder what the COD is??