1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Former player says Chad Johnson punched Marvin Lewis in the face

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Chargers-Superhero, Mar 10, 2008.

1. Chargers-Superhero

Chargers-Superhero Just win the Damn SB !!!

Ratings:
    +117
  2. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    At this moment, it's all he said/she said but even if this isn't true, there is no need for him here.

3. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    If this is true Marvin Lewis is an embarrassment of a head coach. Come to think of it he may be an embarrassment regardless... but if it's true, why C. Johnson played another snap for the Bengals is beyond me.

4. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Exactly.

I think Marv is a great coach and has accomplished A LOT in in Cincy but it's hard to make things work in Bungle Land!!
    I'd like to see how he'll do with a better organization.

5. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    You know, I bet this story is true or has at least some truth to it. Judging by how Chad is a selfish, self promoting, "ME FIRST" type of guy, I wouldn't be surprised at all that this did actually occur. "Ocho Stupido" is just another example of what's wrong with the NFL. His antics are getting tired and I think guys like him will keep the "Bungles" down. Hell, even Carson Palmer is tired of his act! If I was Marvin Lewis I would have smacked the damn gold teefus out his mouth! That dude is a just a cancer man. I don't want him nowhere NEAR this team! :no:

6. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Won't happen. WR is NOT one of our needs.

7. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Amen to that!

8. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,555
    I dont buy this for a second, Chad is a selfish player, not a Romonowski player.

I could see Randy Moss doing this, maybe T.O., but Chad (despite heated arguments on the sideline) always trys to stay positive in his demenor.

9. Chargers-Superhero

Ratings:
    +117
    The rumor about this occured immediately after that playoff loss to Pittsburgh a couple of seasons ago. At that time, Chad was the man in Cincinnati. He was bigger than the HC.

I don't know how much of it is true, but some of it is at least. There was another rumor he was in a heated argument where he had to be seperated from John Kitna in the locker room at halftime.

He did cry after the loss, I remember that being talked about in my Ohio area here in Bengals country.:icon_rofl:

Either way, we don't need him, but his days are numbered in Cincinnati with the Moss contract, and the "INSANE" contract Walker got from the Raiders, he will go to a new team and get a new deal.

BTW Marvin Lewis deserves to be punched, he's a joke of a HC.

10. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    I would have agreed with you before the 2007 season started but now I see things differently.

When you're team is losing and you increase your buffoon like antics, that says A LOT about you!!!
    He's a great athlete and he has his times of being a team player. I've seen him do unselfish thing like make a block that helped somebody else make the touchdown then get up and celebrate with the team.

Problem... His stupid antics get more media attention than plays like I mentioned above. If he could just chill on his buffoon antics, he'd be an extremely valuable player!!!

Chad needs to make this decision... Does he want to be viewed as an impact player or a circus clown!!!
    If circus clown is his decision, he's headed in the right direction!!!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Ownership needed to step up here, too, with a very hefty fine. This would have helped Lewis's position.

12. Chargers-Superhero

Ratings:
    +117

and after Chad hears about Fitzgerald's HUGE contract and terms from Arizona, he will be packing his bags in advance.