1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Former Raider Todd Christensen dead at 57 YO

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Blitzy, Nov 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,183
    Oh good, lets see your pictures then, I expect they are in crayon. :)

2. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,760
    Wow, there is some pretty fart smellers in here. I reckon the world wouldn't sustain life without them. Hot shyte on a silver platter they think, really just cold turds on a paper plate.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,357
    Sad to hear he died so young. I still remember vividly being six years old and watching Christensen play the Bolts at the Murph. The game I remember most was one where the Chargers were down 21 points only to rally to within 7 in the 4th. The Raiders had a 3rd down and had to get just inside the Chargers 20 for a first. Christensen caught a pass and was stopped right at the 20, inches short of the first. The ensuing field goal attempt was blocked and Fouts drove down the field to tie the game and send it into overtime. Unfortunately, the Chargers lost in overtime on an epic TD run from Marcus Allen. Tough loss, but still one of the best games I've ever seen.

4. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,357
    Celebrating somebody's death because of the team they once played for is beyond sick. You need help.

5. Burlington Bolt Brother

Burlington Bolt Brother BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +162
    Conc? Do you find reason to disagree?

6. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +3,398
    "Hell is other people."

- Jean-Paul Sartre

7. Burlington Bolt Brother

Ratings:
    +162
    "True Hell is to wake up one morning and discover that your high school class is running a website" - Kurt Vonnegut

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,353
    Best story I ever heard regarding Christensen was told by Michael Wilbon of ESPN's PTI show. While covering football in the 80's, Wilbon got to hang out quite a bit with Christensen. He soon learned that Christensen was no shrinking violet. Wilbon was also told that if he EVER wanted to talk to Al Davis, he'd stay away from Christensen. Davis didn't like outspoken guys, and Christensen was one. And as we all know, the only one allowed to be the voice of the Raiders was Al Davis.

• Like Like x 2
  9. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,976
    I don't like the Raiders. I don't like the team or its fans. Do I have friends that are Raider fans, yes I do. They respect my opinion. and I respect theirs. Celebrating a death, where did I do that? All I said was that I am glad a Raider is dead. I did not know I supposed to sit around a campfire and sing Kumbaya and find all the good things about someone. I need help, why because I do not see things the way you do, and I am not afraid to express myself?

10. Burlington Bolt Brother

Ratings:
    +162
    Typing that you are happy someone died is celebrating..it might take as little effort as pouring a shot but it's a celebration. Please tell me about the games you were kicked out of....what happened? I have some good stories about Raiders games too.

11. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,976
    The last time was when the guy behind was cheering really loud when Marcus Mcneill was taken off the field on a cart. The time before that I had some "FEMALE" Raider fan who would not stop dancing and gyrating right in front of me! So when I told her to sit her ARSE down she flipped me off. Her husband and I went at it. I have a great story about a Raider game, I ran into Al David just before he died. I told him we need to keep his arse alive, he is the best weapon we have! Or should I tell what my oldest son did to a Raider nation t-shirt in the parking lot! And by the way, my mother was a Raider hater also, are you going to condone her actions also?

12. Burlington Bolt Brother

Ratings:
    +162
    drinking while she was pregnant? Ha! just kidding. You sound like you have a very warlike clan. By chance is your family Scots-Irish?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.