1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Fourth and 29

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by SayOw, Nov 25, 2012.

1. SayOw

SayOw BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +49
    Fourth down and 29 yards to go... all the Charger defense has to do is stop the Ravens from getting 29 yards in one play and the game is over.

Once they allowed Ray Rice to make the Charger defense look like the three stooges, it was to no surprise what transpired from that point on. I was only surprised that the Ravens didn't end it sooner in overtime.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. BoltFanDC

BoltFanDC Objects In Mirror Are Closer Than They Appear...

Ratings:
    +295
    With the Chargers, unfortunately we have come to expect things like this

3. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,208
    Fourth first half blown this season.

This is rediculous. Spanos, start the cleaning now!

4. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +294
    All I can think/feel is wOw! More emphasis on the ow part. ;/

5. Lightning's Girl

Lightning's Girl Mod Chick =) Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,153
    There are so many ways that this team is effed, I can't quite wrap my mind around it. DAMN what a disappointment.

6. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,696
    It pretty much went how I expected. :whistling:

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. BoltFanDC

BoltFanDC Objects In Mirror Are Closer Than They Appear...

Ratings:
    +295
    This is absolutely revolting.

4-12 is not altogether impossible with this group...

8. Holy_Bolt

Holy_Bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +362
    Even when the defense has a decent game they still prove they are not mentally tough. 4th and 29 and they run around like a flag football team. No discipline, No game changers, No CLUE!

9. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,976
    and did anyone really expect the Chargers to stop him?

10. Enormo

Enormo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207
    ****. I live in Baltimore. Do you realize how much **** I'm going to have to endure tomorrow at work? I even tried to downplay the whole game leading up to it because I knew the Chargers were going to **** it up. But then they had to give up 29 yards on 4th down on a ******* 3 yard pass to a running back. It's going to be so ******* annoying.

11. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,632
    I've been expecting since the Cleveland loss for things to go this way, bluntly I expect this team to constantly screw things up and blow leads no matter how impossible it might seem. I expect things to go wrong for at least the rest of the year. The 4th & 29 is just more proof that bad teams find ways to lose and the Chargers are masters at this

• Like Like x 1
  12. SuperCharger92

SuperCharger92 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +633
    4-12 is deff possible..

Seeing how we will most likely lose Weddle next week, and Butler will miss a game or two as well.

13. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,763
    No O-line tends to magnify poor play both running and passing, this is just sad to see.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. SayOw

SayOw BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +49
    If there was any "positive" taken from that fourth down conversion is the fact that the Chargers didn't commit a penalty.

But the Chargers have clearly shown how "bad" they are blowing game after game in spectacular fashion.

It would be interesting to "see" what Dean Spanos (or AJ Smith for that matter) sees that justifies keeping the coaching staff (specifically head coach) "as is" for much longer this season.

15. ChargerMike

ChargerMike BoltBruthaFromAnuthMutha

Ratings:
    +310
    The season is officially over....
    Might as well let the suckage play out in a blaze of glory and let Norv stay for the remaining games.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. SuperCharger92

Ratings:
    +633
    I'd like to see what Brandon Taylor could do.. and what Jammer can do at the SS position, and Wright and Gilchrist as starters at CB..

Also want to see Mouton and what he has..

17. SayOw

SayOw BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +49
    Story here.

So the Chargers also have the largest halftime blown lead to lose by the most in NFL history and the longest 4th down conversion in over a decade, both tallied this season. Factor in all the blown leads and poor second half's of football...

Pretty solid credentials for being really crappy.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. SuperCharger92

Ratings:
    +633
    Acee tweeted he's never been around a Chargers team so silent walking off the field.. He senses resignation.. but then again its ******* Acee

19. Holy_Bolt

Holy_Bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +362
    He sensed failure...personal and professional failure...they know what it is like to be the brunt of the joke...losers!

20. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I love the smell of football in the morning.

Ratings:
    +1,152
    And of course the media turns it's yellow-jaundiced eye to the play of the year, and they are harping on how this team could have blown such a sure thing. This is like the guy that's about to marry into money, and just before the vows are said, he brags about banging the girl's sister...

21. SuperCharger92

Ratings:
    +633
    I just hope everyone is ready for ESPN to play this play over and over all week.. We were an embarrassment giving up a 24 point lead against Denver, and now this. I find it very hard to believe Norv will be the coach of this team tomorrow. And if he isn't fired, I'll be surprised if he lasts 1 more loss, seeing how both Spanos and AJ said an 8-8 season is unacceptable.

22. MadMike

MadMike Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +473
    Whats sad is that play will be whats remembered from a seriously well played game by our defense. We started having issues in the late 4th and OT due to so many injuries, but up until that point the defense was playing aggressively. We were getting pressure, Cason actually covered a receiver downfield and made a play, Liuget was straight up blasting the Ravens line, Double J was setting a hard edge and playing with fire, hell even Gachkar was playing decently. Too bad the whole defense had a brain fart and let a team convert a 4th and 29 and destroy everything they worked for. Do they even practice tackling? If one more of our guys tries to hit someone down instead of wrapping and tackling im gonna hop the railing and tackle them.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  23. TheAutumnWind

TheAutumnWind BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +4
    Hop the railing? watchout. Those seats you have are 130 feet from field level.

24. MadMike

MadMike Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +473
    Lol, section F39 row 14 seats 17 and 18. I'm about 15 steps from the railing, a 5 foot drop, and 30 feet to the end of the bench and somebody going down. I'm 6'2" 240 so even in pads they will feel me! Of course i'm 40 and will need the oxygen tank after running that far but it will be worth it.

• Funny Funny x 1
  25. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +447
    I couldn't believe how numb I was. In a normal year where we don't know how it is all going to end eg. 2 seasons ago and before then, I would be roaring at the screen during and after a play like that. Instead last nite I was just..... whatever, numb. It's like I am ready (and expect) for the worst to happen. I want to feel passionate about my team again. I want my team back from muppets like Norv and AJ and Clary and Gaither.

Dean/Spanos, please clean house so I can begin to get excited again about waiting for 6 or 9PM on a sunday nite. It's clear many feel this way (look at the empty seats/blackouts all the way to season end).

26. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,626
    How do you sum up 6 years of Norv on 1 play?

LOL 4th and 29, so unbelievable that of course it actually happened.

• Agree Agree x 3
  27. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,632
    + Blowing biggest lead of the season + blowing six out of the last seven games you've had a lead in + only beating teams with losing records including worst team in league twice = so much epic disgraceful fail

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  28. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,632
    Acee does have alot of access and what he's showing is that no one believes in themselves or in this team, which is basically what we all knew and thought for a while but he's confirming it. And let's be honest most everyone here thinks he's in AJ's back pocket, you think if he could spin this any other way he would? no chance with this group

29. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +1,976
    that troll is clueless! And he has about as much brain matter as a nightcrawler.

30. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +1,976
    and who reads tweets?