1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Fox Sports Radio Reporting: Kevin Ellison arressted...

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan, May 24, 2010.

1. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,581
    Posession with intent to distribute: Vicodin, had 100 pills on him.

2. chargerlipz

chargerlipz Leading the league in nose hairs.

Ratings:
    +151
    Well, he's done.

3. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +635
    sucks if it's true, although I can't find any links

4. SD Native WY

SD Native WY Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +334
  5. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,551
    Well ****! That was my boy! I was hoping he'd take the next step and start cracking skulls this season.

Stuckey better get geared up.

6. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    I was thinking the same thing. What the heck. Whats with vicodin. Isn't that the pain keeler fat boy rush limpbaugh was chugging. Geez. Friggin FDA.

7. oldschool1

oldschool1 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +12
    San Diego Chargers safety Kevin Ellison arrested, released on US$10,000 bail

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports/football/san-diego-chargers-safety-kevin-ellison-arrested-released-on-us10000-bail-94797359.html

REDONDO BEACH, Calif. - San Diego Chargers safety Kevin Ellison has been arrested in Redondo Beach on suspicion of possessing a controlled substance.
    Police say the 23-year-old was arrested Monday afternoon after he was stopped for speeding in a school zone near his former high school.
    Sgt. Peter Grimm says a search of Ellison's vehicle turned up 100 pills of Vicodin, which is a controlled substance. He was booked and released on US$10,000 bail.
    Grimm says Ellison didn't have a prescription and even if he did, it was an unusually large amount of pills for a pharmacist to distribute.
    Ellison played four seasons for Southern California and started nine games as a rookie for the Chargers in 2009. His older brother Keith is a linebacker for the Buffalo Bills.

Oldie Out

8. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +635

already another thread about this

9. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,551
    It surprises me a lot. I heard he was a really a strait arrow type guy, very smart, very motivated.

10. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Ratings:
    +1,581
    No that was Oxycondn (sp?).

From the swrnn article:

Isn't it a BIGGER crime for getting busted for posession with intent to distribute IN A SCHOOL ZONE? He's screwed. As in, will NEVER play again kind of screwed.

11. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    multiple thread merged.

12. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    This is not good... :icon_evil:

Go easy on him AJ... :popcorn:

13. Alpenbolt

Alpenbolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +156
    Kick him in the nuts AJ. We don't need idiots on the playing field.

14. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112
    I love how this board overreacts .. let's see how things play out first.

15. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    :icon_rofl:

16. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +500
    The last interview I heard with this guy was just after the draft and while he sounded pissed that the Bolts had selected Stuckey to challenge him he said all the right things. He sounded very confident about his abilities to become a bigtime member of the Chargers D. What is it with these guys?.

17. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848
    What is it with Strong safeties and drugs- Terrence Kiel and now this- sigh

18. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    Off with his head.

19. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    What's a few Vike's between friends?

20. Chavez

Chavez Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +37

Not to defend him, but 100 pills is not really that much. My wife gets perscriptions for 90 pills for her migrains. Now, she carries them around in her prescription bottle, not a plastic bag so I'd like to know how Ellison's were foundl.

21. nflhof

nflhof BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    Oh I'm sure those pills weren't his they must belong to someone else. What a freaking dumbass.

22. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890

I have a prescription that is more than 100 but it they are always put into Bottle.

I am not defending Ellison with my situation but this does not sound good at all.

23. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Charging him with distribution would indicate that the pills weren't in one container, whether bottle(s) or baggie(s). Like cbf said, the fact that he was pulled in a school zone certainly doesn't help the situation.

Innocent until proven guilty doesn't necessarily fly in the AJ court of law. I'd say that Spillman & Stuckey better be ready to play. :yes:

24. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    It is a bigger level of a crime but being stopped in the middle of the night in an area that is a school zone is very different from distribution within a school zone. The former is just chance, the latter has the intent to be there when kids are present. My guess is that part won't stick. Also with having 100 pills I am not sure if the DA would need to prove he planned on distributing pills or if that's a prima facie case for distribution. My guess is that that requires specific intent to distribute first and not just having a lot of pills

Either this is a very big blow to Ellison and he'll start behind the 8-ball for sure. I don't think he'll just be cut outright but he'd have to have a hell of a camp with Stuckey just bombing it. If Stuckey has a good camp, Ellison is gone.

25. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112
    It's also the same medication that FAV-re was prescribed and had a problem with .. Also the most common pain medication prescribed for chronic pain..

26. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    Hmm... 100 pills actually doesn't seem all that much.

Really.

When I got out of the hospital 9 years ago, my doctor wrote me a prescription for 60 tablets of Vicodin and it could be refilled once in about a month's time. The prescription label said no more than two tablets per day.

That means I could have possibly had as many as 120 pills in my possession, off a legal prescription, if I had refilled it and not taken any pills.

I'll wait and see before condemning him.

27. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Ratings:
    +1,581
    Now Ellison's agent says he "didn't want to run out during the season" :

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/may/25/ellison-vicodin-run-out-100-pills/

28. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205

It's just vicotin in some countries they call those aspirin. But what an idiot. Good fuggin thing we accumulated some db depth.

29. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851

To me the more egregious offense is driving 40 in a 25 mph zone.

If he drove the speed limit, he doesn't get pulled over, and the police don't see the Vicodin after a consented search.

30. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205

Exactly.