1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Foxboro headsets

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Shamrock, Sep 14, 2007.

1. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    This crap had better NOT happen this Sunday.

The "dead headsets" at Foxboro keeps coming up in comments from NFL coaches.

Dungy Compares Patriots Coach To Barry Bonds - Indy News 6
    Smooth criminals - SI.com (Zimmerman)
    The "him" quoted by Matt Millen was Bengals coach Marvin Lewis.

More on Lions Involvement in "Spygate" - Lions Blog

Lions coach Rod Marinelli seems to have tried to distance himself from the quotes, but with Tony Dungy coming out with quotes on the headsets today, it gives more legs to the story.

2. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    I also heard about frequency discrepencies from the headsets there. Them supposed to be on a certain channel, and it turns out that they are on another.

They are a bunch of cheaters, plain and simple. As worthless as the Pro Bowl is, I don't think that it's a coincidence that they have very little Pro Bowl talent on that team yet keep winning.

It's not rocket science to draw a conclusion with this all coming out.

3. Electric Chair

Ratings:
    +579
    I also heard about frequency discrepencies from the headsets there.

They are a bunch of cheaters, plain and simple. As worthless as the Pro Bowl is, I don't think that it's a coincidence that they have very little Pro Bowl talent on that team yet keep winning.

It's not rocket science to draw a conclusion with this all coming out.

4. Shamrock

Ratings:
    +1,243
    Goodell didn't address the frequency or headset issues.

The Pats are still going to cheat and "misinterpret" rules. Once a cheater, always a cheater.

5. Electric Chair

Ratings:
    +579
    They are the new Raiders.

6. Shamrock

Ratings:
    +1,243
    I've been bashing the Pats for quite some time, and too many Chargers fans were slobber knobbing on them because they all were cyber phuccing Rodney.

The Pats haven't shown any class during their run. As Chargers fans, we're just seeing how bad they are because we're good now. Other teams have been complaining about NE's conduct and rumored cheating for quite some time.

Headset disruption. Spying. Mocking opponents. Illegitimate love child. An adulterous cheating coach. Signing a cancer turd named Moss. Drafting "Stomp" Merriweather. Ted Johnson put on the field post concussion. The turd factor just keeps rising in New England.

It's all the same. No class. No character.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Electric Chair

Ratings:
    +579
    "Stomp" Merriweather. :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl:

8. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Any communication that runs through the Chargers' headsets on Sunday should end with the phrase:
    "F()CK YOU BILL"

Norv to Philip:
    "OK, Philip... trips left, X post, Z flag, Y under... F()CK YOU BILL!"

• Like Like x 1
  9. Shamrock

Ratings:
    +1,243

Another thing ....

Harrison was a broken down ballplayer who had all kinds of injury issues when he left SD. Yet, through chemistry, he sudden finds the Well of Youth in New England. I wonder how many other Patsies are taking HGH?

10. Electric Chair

Ratings:
    +579
    Eh, I look at that as a league wide problem more than something exclusive to the Pats.

11. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    to be honest. The first player that comes to mind is Junior. But I'd have to guess alot of their aging players might be using hgh. I guess the testing for hgh is the problem. Harrison got caught I think cause some person dealing the stuff had paper work pointing at harrison.

12. Shamrock

Ratings:
    +1,243
    RANDY GALLOWAY Star-Telegram Sep. 14, 2007

Goodell's moment of truth becomes a purse-slap fraud

This was a case of The Man vs. The Coach.

Me, I'd have bet The Man. He is, after all, judge and jury. His justice is the only justice in the NFL, and when The Man is angry, serious repercussions have been observed lately.

Not even The Coach, a bad hombre himself, and also this era's biggest winner of Super Bowls, figured to intimidate The Man. When The Man is angry at The Coach, The Man wins, right?

Wrong. Dead Wrong.

Roger Goodell, tough-guy commissioner of the NFL, came out swinging Thursday night at Bill Belichick. It turned out to be a mere purse slap.

Even for a weirdo who never smiles, Belichick had to be privately hooting after feeling the limp wrist of Mr. Goodell.

And that sucking sound you heard last night was the commissioner's credibility suddenly leaving Planet Earth for galaxies unknown.

Over the summer, Pacman Jones had felt the iron fist of the commissioner. Easy target, of course. Pacman just never wanted to do right.

Then came Michael Vick, and to much applause from one and all, Goodell threw him to the dog lovers of the world. Another easy mark for the commissioner, since the winds of public opinion were blowing Category 5 against Mike.

Tank Johnson, formerly of the Bears, also took the fall, and everyone agreed that Tank was dumber than a hubcab. Plus, in the case of the Cincinnati Bengals, just pick a player, any player, and throw more than one out of the league. Goodell did. It's OK. They deserved it.

But against Belichick?

The Man turned into The Waffle when he faced The Coach.

With supreme arrogance, Belichick had openly defied Goodell last week by continuing to do what the commissioner had said don't do. No more video recorders could appear on the sidelines of NFL games because they were used to steal defensive signs of an opponent.

Belichick was known to be the No. 1 practitioner of this illegal activity. And on Sunday in the Meadowlands, he went right ahead and did it again, did it against the Jets, coached by one of his former assistants, who knew Belichick always did it.

Stone-cold arrogance. Who does Belichick think he is? Bigger in football than even the commissioner?

The answer Thursday night became yes. He is.

Belichick was given a $500,000 fine, the maximum allowed in the NFL, with the stipulation he had to pay it, not the team. Wanna bet on that? And besides, that half a mil would hardly dent this man's wallet anyway.

The Patriots were fined $250,000, or nothing owner Bob Kraft can't handle out of petty cash.

Plus, the Pats were ordered to give up a first-round draft pick in April (if they made the playoffs this season) or a second- and third-rounder if they don't.

New England will make the playoffs and owns two first-round picks in the next draft. No harm done at all.

In a silly moment Thursday night, Goodell said he considered giving Belichick a suspension, but didn't "largely because I believe the discipline I am imposing is in fact more significant and long-lasting, and therefore more effective, than a suspension."

First, bull droppings to you, Mr. Commissioner, for that nonsense. And second, the next time you meet Wade Wilson, I dare you to look him in the eye and say, "I treated you fairly, Wade."

Two weeks ago, the Cowboys quarterback coach was given a five-game suspension and a $100,000 fine for on-line ordering a league-banned substance he thought would improve his quality of life in a continuing fight with diabetes.

Goodell, after studying the evidence, did not dispute any part of Wade's story, but nailed him anyway.

The fine was one-third of Wilson's salary. The five-game suspension cut out an embarrassed Wilson's heart, because it took him away from the game and job he loved. Twenty-six years in the NFL, 19 as a player, seven as a coach, and with a spotless record until this, Goodell said a humiliated Wilson had to be used as an example to others.

"Coaches," he preached, "must be held to a higher standard."

And when the opportunity came to hold big-time Bill Belichick to the same standard as small-time Wade Wilson, the commissioner patty-caked, and caved like a wimp. If Wilson is worth five games, then Belichick had to get 10. If, of course, coaches are really being held to a higher standard by The Man.

Mr. Goodell, you are a fraud.

May Michael Vick's pit bulls bite you in the butt forever more.

Randy Galloway's Galloway & Co. can be heard weekdays 3-6 p.m. on ESPN/103.3 FM.

rgalloway@star-telegram.com
    Randy Galloway, 817-390-7760

• Like Like x 1
  13. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    This writer is correct.

Belicheat got off too easy.

14. Kev

Kev BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +39
    :)
    Today was the first time I had heard about the suspension of Wade Wilson when it was brought up and compared to Goodell's judgement against Belicheat. This is just un-frakking-believable. :tdown:

• Like Like x 1
  15. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112
    No .. But he did say that they will under continued review. Code word for investigation.

16. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    Sums it up perfectly

• Like Like x 2
  17. sickswonnyne

sickswonnyne Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79
    You know, I thought that Belichick was gonna get off easy, at least without suspension or forfeiture, but I forgot how f'd over Wilson was. Belichick should get ATLEAST the same suspension as Wilson, or Wilson's should have been much shorter, then match Bill's with it. It's bull$h!t, if Wade Wilson was a household name, he wouldn't have been used as the example. Same with Jared Allen, who gets popped for a DUI AGAIN, but gets a small punishment, while guys who f up multiple times get 8 game/ full season suspensions. Goodell, either hold everyone to the same standard, or come out and tell everyone what different standards they're gonna be held at, so you don't look like a hypocrite, just a bull$h!t elitist.

18. Electric Chair

Ratings:
    +579
    Shammy, knowing that the Belicheck tree is full of cheaters, how does this change your opinion of Weiss? He is cut from the same cloth.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Shamrock

Ratings:
    +1,243
    EC - I said that exact same thing to ftwbolt on the phone the other day. Crennel, Weiss, Mangini, etc are all connected to this .... and right now, I think all of them should be looked at with suspicion. Although, considering the lack of success of Crennel and Weiss' teams, they apparently didn't learn how to cheat as well .... :lol:

20. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,551
    I would be surprised if they tryed anything shady this week.
    Anything even slightly suspicious would lead to the crucifiction of Belicheat.

21. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715

AGREE:yes:

• Like Like x 1
  22. Shamrock

Ratings:
    +1,243
  23. Shamrock

Ratings:
    +1,243
    NFL to Bill Belicheat .... we're watching you. [​IMG]

24. Shamrock

Ratings:
    +1,243
    "Bud Light presents Real Men of Genius"
    (Reaaaaal Men Of Genius)

Today we salute you, Mr. Got Caught Cheating Coach (Mr. Got Caught Cheating Cooooooach!)

Season after season, year after year, you try to tell us you are classy and have character (arrogance and adultery!)

Season after season, year after year, you have stolen the defensive signals from opposing teams (Mangini knew your methods!)

Inevitably, you'll bring up the past, and boast of Super Bowl trophies (those are tainted toooooooo!)

You will point out that you have more wins than any other team in recent years (but the other guys weren't cheating!)

Go on, ignore the loss of a draft pick and half a million dollar fine (just turn off the headsets at the right tiiiiiiime!)

So crack open an ice cold Bud Light, oh Regent of Rule Misinterpretation, and take comfort knowing that when you don't beat the Chargers that everyone will know you only won by breaking the rules ....(Mr. Got Caught Cheating Cooooooach!)"

• Like Like x 2
  25. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    That's some good **** right there!! :icon_eek: :yes: :tup: :icon_party:

• Like Like x 1
  26. vegasboy

vegasboy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +21
    I bet the Chargers are counting on a clean week. Will level the playing field.

Now all the guys have to do is take care of business.:yes:

GO CHARGERS!

27. Nomadic Bolt Fan

Nomadic Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +334
    :icon_rofl:

• Like Like x 1
  28. dmercado70

dmercado70 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18
    Shamrock .. that was the kind !!!

:icon_toast:

===================================================
    the earth will quake as the heavens reign above the charger blue skies !!!

• Like Like x 1
  29. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Dead account

Ratings:
    +1,028
    I HOPE they are watching and investigating. I hope they are also looking into any form of electro-optics embedded in Gillette stadium. A "find" would certainly help explain amassing a 21-0 home field record (finally broken by the Chargers "upset" win on our last visit there).

This kind of arrogance knows no bounds - and given a slap on the wrist and wallet instead of a proper suspension/forfeiture - my bet is that it will happen again. This story is far from over IMO - and still not a single word out of NFL Headquarters on the supposed "Radio Frequency Antics".

30. Shamrock

Ratings:
    +1,243
    I don't think this is over either. I also think every team that even perceives a skirting of the rules by the Pats will file a complaint with the NFL.

Radio headsets at Foxboro will be monitored. This cheating bullshit needs to stop.

• Like Like x 1