1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Freaking Hoffman!!

Discussion in 'All Other Sports' started by ChargerRay, Apr 27, 2007.

1. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    OMG, this guy is so done. 4 runs in the 9th! 2nd straight blown save, and on Trevor night too! :angry:

2. rexy2006

rexy2006 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,842
    I know. We were there. I got well enough to go.

It was all a high up till then, with the videos, the little ceremony, they gave him stuff, Hells Bells, then it all came crashing down.

We went to our favorite bar in the Gaslamp after the game and ran into Grady F'in Little to make the night complete.

There are still several drunk Dodger fans in front of Rockin Baja Lobster screaming and cheering at everyone that walks by...

3. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    maybe he's in a slump?

4. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    :yawn: Y'all oughtta keep away from sharp instruments, and don't get too closeta Balboa Park, lest y'all get the urgeta jump :yes:

For the first time since 1997, Trevor's blown two consecutive saves; how many of y'all can say that in your jobs?? :icon_shrug: :icon_huh:

BTW, the other "Greatest Reliever of All time"'s ERA is 12.15 :yes:

Sheesh!! :icon_rofl: :icon_tease:

5. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,074
    Last year he was the best thing since sliced bread. This year they want to get rid of him. :icon_shrug:

Why dont they get out there if they think they can do better.

6. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    word :rolleyes:

7. Chargers Fan

Chargers Fan BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2
    Trevor is certainly getting older, his fastball is slowing down, and we can probably expect to see his ERA creep up a bit this season as his heater becomes less and less distinguishable from his change-up.
    That said, last night's blown save wasn't entirely Trevor's fault. Gonzales' indecisiveness was a major contributing factor -- and Cameron's error turned the blown save into a loss for Hoffman.

8. rexy2006

rexy2006 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,842
    Im not suicidal and Im not ready to throw Hoffy under the bus yet. I was just bummed. Im already over it.

Yes, Mariano Rivera is doing bad, too. Must be a epidemic amongst epic closers.

I am very happy for Aki, he is the nicest guy. I was sorry that the Padres let him go.

9. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Me too, Darlin!! :icon_sad: