1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Free Agency 2013

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by SuperCharger92, Jan 21, 2013.

1. Riff Raff

Riff Raff BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +226
    His isn't really a sidearm unless he drops down to fit the ball through an open space. It's more of a push.

Ask a baseball pitcher what a direct overhead motion does to your shoulder. It isn't a natural motion .... 3/4 is far more natural.

2. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +3,378
    Yeah, I always thought that Rivers' shot put motion put less strain on his arm than the standard motion.

3. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,760
    Rivers throwing motion changes to more of a normie type throw on deep stuff, the push is way more noticeable on the dink and dunk stuff, JMHO.

4. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,378
    Well, the arm angle may be more normal, but the motion is still more of a shot put. Rivers pushes the ball out, rather than torquing the shoulder around like most QBs.

5. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,378
    UTKevinAcee@UTKevinAcee
    2h

Rumors re: Danny Woodhead's contract were greatly exaggerated. Total value: $3.5M (2 yrs). Guarantee: $1M. Makes me like signing even more.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +752
    I may be on an island on this one but I'd welcome him back for min.

The Union-Tribune San Diego suggests free agent CB Quentin Jammer could return to the Chargers "at the right price."
    Jammer's free-agent market has been a snoozefest, not so much as warranting a Rotoworld blurb since four days before the signing period began. The Chargers still have $7 million in salary cap room. They need to sign their draft class, but could fit in Jammer on a deal for the league minimum salary.

7. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,583
    I'm not against it, as a SS.

And he shouldn't get the veteran treatment he needs to win the starting job.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +752
    I think he would provide good insurance if Wright or Gilchrist struggle or get hurt.
    Obviously I'd like to sure up the DE and or NT spot before the draft with Vaughn Martin, Casey Hampton Hampton, or Maake Kemoeatu. But bringing Jammer back could be good IMO.

9. Duffman57

Duffman57 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +123
    I think it looks like the whole point of this year is to NOT bring in one year, stop gap types, as we realize we're further than 1 offseason (or a couple of players) to being real contenders, we're going to stick it out, build through the draft for 2-3 years and go from there. We need to reload our talent pool, we plain and simple dont have a talented enough team to win this year IMO. He's doing the right thing, all the FA's he signed are younger that can help us out not just short term, but long term as well.

10. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,760
    Going in for the long haul is a very good approach IMHO. Winning now is fun but if they don't win it all then it's all for naught. It was definitely better for me as a fan to know there was a decent chance for the ring, save the last couple years. A team with a tude that just shows up on Sunday kicksass and don't shoot off at the mouth, just all business baby and let her rip.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,378
    Vaughn Martin visits Dolphins
    Posted by Mike Wilkening on March 26, 2013, 5:52 PM EDT
    The 26-year-old Martin started 12 games at left defensive end in San Diego’s 3-4 front in 2012, recording 19 tackles. He was a starter for the Chargers in each of the last two seasons.
    NFL reporter Adam Caplan, who covers the league for a variety of media outlets, reports that 6-7 teams have shown interest in the 6-4, 297-pound lineman, with both 3-4 and 4-3 teams among his potential suitors. Martin would seemingly figure as a tackle for a 4-3 scheme like the one Miami employs.
    Jason La Canfora of CBS recently reported that the Chargers wanted to bring back Martin, but multiple other teams had also been linked to the Western Ontario product.

12. Whooki Mane

Whooki Mane BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +174
  13. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,378
  14. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +752
  15. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +627
    Thats what happens when you go to a site that is a bunch of hack bloggers who have no no more knowledge of their team than 90% of the people on this board, yet they will write about other teams they know zero about.

I avoid that site as much as possible. The writers are terrible, and don't know squat

16. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +627
    Having a better TEAM doesn't not always indicate the quality of a roster. None of those teams had better rosters, they just played better on a certain day.

Now, with all the players we have lost and our cap situation hurting our ability to fix the holes, we may have a worse roster right now, but we didn't during last season

17. Whooki Mane

Whooki Mane BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +174
    I check bleacherreport more for entertainment than i do for knowledge ;)

18. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +627
    It's like Hacksaw, I don't find stuff that is just ridiculously wrong, to be incorrect

19. Joy Division

Joy Division Slightly-known Member

Ratings:
    +491
    bleacherreport is about as accurate as any other sports opinion website.
    this includes many "mainstream" sites.
    it's all entertainment.

20. ScarlosSantana

ScarlosSantana BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +4
  21. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +627
    I totally disagree. The mainstream media has full time workers that follow and write about sports for a living. Bleacherreport comes across as a bunch of fans sitting on their couch, feeling like they know what they hell they are talking about, when most are clueless

22. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +752
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  23. ScarlosSantana

ScarlosSantana BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +4
    Looks like Telesco isn't playing

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

• Like Like x 3
  24. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +752
    OK one more,

Chargers released LT Jared Gaither.

Signed to a four-year, $24.6M contract a year ago, Gaither essentially quit on the Chargers. "Big Lazy" appeared in just four games, milking back and groin injuries that the medical staff never deemed serious before landing on injured reserve. The Chargers are so down on Gaither that they're willing to take a $6M cap hit this season. The 6'9/340 behemoth immediately becomes the the best talent available on the left tackle market, but that's only if he wants to play. Meanwhile, the Chargers currently have King Dunlap penciled in on Philip Rivers' blind side, making Oklahoma LT Lane Johnson a possibility at No. 11 overall in April's draft.

• Like Like x 2
  25. hash_tag_nat

hash_tag_nat KISS THE RING.

Ratings:
    +5
    thank you, telesco. guess his decision came early.

26. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +752
    Off Topic:
    If you were to tell me the Ravens were going to lose Reed, Lewis, Ellerbee, Krueger in free agency, and manage to possibly still get better in the end, I would call you crazy.

Kudos to them.

27. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +752
    This kid drinks the cool aid all too often and buys way too many bridges, but he posts more info than the UT beat writers

Ricky Henne@ChargersRHenne
    32m

I just had a really great chat with Telesco about free agency, the offseason program and draft. Some real good insight. Will post it soon.

Ricky Henne@ChargersRHenne

6m

A taste of my convo with Telesco-he thinks Woodhead can be used as more than a 3rd down back.Could see him on 1st/2nd down and in the slot.

28. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +469
    so kinda like us if we wrote for a blog :D

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  29. ETicket

ETicket Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +299
    It was painful watching the first videos where Henne was on camera. I thought I was watching some high school kid report for his school newspaper and even at that I thought he would receive a grade of C. Then I saw he is the Managing Editor of Chargers.com. WOW... who's son, cousin, family friend or bastard son is this kid?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  30. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814