1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Free Agency . . . what's left of it anyway.

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by iBØLT, Mar 22, 2006.

1. iBØLT

iBØLT BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +3
    3 moves the Bolts must make in order to compensate for their inactivity in Free Agency thus far:

1. Acquire Eric Moulds.

2. At least bring in Jon Runyan for a visit. One breath of San Diego air, and he'll have a lightning bolt on each shoulder.

3. Sign Joey Harrington as insurance for Rivers. He'd be great at #2 on the Depth Chart.

This way we can focus our draft on our achilles heel; DB's and OL.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    I like #1 and #2, not really sold on Harrington unless he comes cheaply.

3. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    AJ would make me a believer simply by signing Runyan or even better Allen from the Cowgirls.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    Definately. AJ has something in mind for the OL. At least I hope he does. He's to good of a GM not to. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

5. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,208
    Lets hope.

Seems to me ast year we were all saying we needed to inprove the secondary. AJ, the coaches, the media all said that they were improving and we didnt need to worry about it.

Guess what? We did need to worry about it. More correctly AJ and co. needed to worry about it. They didnt.

Now the OL is bearing a striking resemblance to the secondary last year. Already the coaches have said the OL is in good shape. We are all told there is a plan.

Yet we see nothing, nada... Is the plan to take no action?

6. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    I can't remember the last time we had a really good OL. In 2004 we were lucky to have no major injuries and find some undrafted gems. Hudson Hauk had a bit to do with that though.

7. SnappySammy

SnappySammy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +104
    If you see this i"m ok Now.........thanks

8. O'reilly

O'reilly New Member

Ratings:
    +454
    Shields, Wilkerson, Macek, White, Washington

4 Pro Bowlers

Washington was the 4th overall pick in the 1968 draft 6 time Pro Bowl LT

Wilkerson and White were as good a tandem of Guards as there ever has been

Them were the days...:icon_frown:

9. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    That's what I was thinking, the early 80s. If I remember correctly, Fouts had a pretty stable line in front of him for most of the first half of the 80s. Air Coryell was something to watch back them. To bad we never had a great defense to go with all that offesive firepower.

10. O'reilly

O'reilly New Member

Ratings:
    +454
    Funny thing was that we had 3 Pro Bowl Defensive Lineman in the early 80's as well:
    Dean, Johnson, Kelcher...

Gene Kline really F'ed that team up sending JJ and Dean away...two of the best players in the NFL at the time...
    that dude was a total ********...I hated that guy with a passion...still do...I don't care if he Is dead! :icon_evil:

11. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    Yeah. JJ's replacement, Wes Chandler played some pretty good ball for us though. Problem then was the secondary. Who did we have besides Willie Buchanan?

12. O'reilly

O'reilly New Member

Ratings:
    +454
    And Willie was pretty much hobbling around on two bum knees by then...
    I liked Chandler, really good player, but that team was never the same..JJ was the heart and soul of that team...I can't remember a more loved player than JJ...He was like Bambi...the stadium was absolutely ELECTRIC when that kid came out of the tunnel and every time he touched the ball...never been the same since...probably never will...:icon_cry:

13. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    Chandler wasn't JJ, but he did a damn good job. He excelled in the air coryell system. I always felt as if Chandler didn't get enough credit for filling JJ's shoes. JJ really messed up by leaving SD. He didn't do much after he was gone.