1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Free Agent Coaches

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by NORV4LIFE, Oct 19, 2009.

1. NORV4LIFE

NORV4LIFE NO MORE NORV!!!!!

Ratings:
    +58
    If Norv Turner Loses this Game for us again who would you like to see replace him next year?

There are some good free agent coaches out there. Mike Holmgren Is taking a year off this year. *** much *** it would suck. Bill Cowher is also considering coaching again. Rumors abound that Tony Dungy might be headed back to the league. Furthermore although I would hate this as would most people on this forum, Mike Shannahan is looking for a job. Although I wonder if he might have a bigger choking problem then norv and he o yeh he coached the Broncos:tdown:

2. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Seriously... stick to the "Norv Sucks" commentary and try to refrain from making any suggestions other than "Norv Sucks". It's the only thing you're good at.

3. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    I'll be ready for something new

Charlie Joiner

4. Chargers-Superhero

Chargers-Superhero Just win the Damn SB !!!

Ratings:
    +117
    I think Norv will be back in 2010 no matter what happens.

Coaches looking to get new jobs in 2010 are:

1. Holmgren
    2. Cowher
    3. Gruden
    4. Shanahan

I've said this before, Cowher WANTS the Carolina job. 2 of the 3 others will wind up in Dallas and Washington.

If Wade gets fired from Dallas, he will be back in San Diego.

5. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Right now my pick would be Wade Phillips.

6. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Thought about this. Suprised he isn't pimpin' for Lou Holtz.

7. Zeus

Zeus BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +83

Yea because Wade Phillips has done such a great job with the Cowboys.

Wade is a good DC. A horrible HC. He has failed everywhere he has been and is even worst in the playoffs.

A bad regular season and playoff HC.. Sorry no.

8. NORV4LIFE

Ratings:
    +58
    hahahaha.... what about Jim Zorn sucks? is that ok?

9. vegasboy

vegasboy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +21
    John Gruden.

He took an underachieving talented Tampa team to the Super Bowl. He could probably do it for the Chargers.

GO CHARGERS!:bolt:

10. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    I wouldn't want Wade anywhere near Dego again. Now Joiner on the other hand is the perfect fit for us. Let Ron tweak this D up and throw the ball all over hell and back. GO CHARGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. NORV4LIFE

Ratings:
    +58
    That would be nice for D coordinator!

12. NORV4LIFE

Ratings:
    +58
    Yeah that'd be great!!! Norv Could be O coordinator and gruden gets us to the bowl!

13. Chargers-Superhero

Ratings:
    +117
    I meant as D-Coordinator.

Gruden is the best bet if we made a move.

14. Scott the Rock

Scott the Rock BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +130
    Chucky did sound like he was tootin the Chargers horn tonight. He couldn't be a bad try. At least we would have a guy with emotion. Not like this headcoach we have now that reminds me of a boring toad on the sideline. RRRibbbitt

15. -Scar-

-Scar- thedoomship.com

Ratings:
    +205
    Gruden...

16. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    No more old retreads

Russ Grimm - Assistant Head Coach/Cardinals
    Mike Mularkey - Offensive Coordinator/Falcons

17. 31-last2years-4

31-last2years-4 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +5
    I sincerely feel gruden wants the job. I just don't think AJ could handle him. And I'm almost positive River's couldn't handle Gruden. Otherwise...

18. Chargers-Superhero

Ratings:
    +117
    Gruden loves Rivers, and loves LT, and LOVES Gates. He would not dismantle the offense, he likes what he sees. I've heard him several times express this.

O-Line, D-Line, No pass rush is our problem. I'm not sold on Rivera like some on Bolt Talk are.

19. 31-last2years-4

31-last2years-4 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +5
    Like you guys, don't like your guys... you know, all goes back to... anyways
    Gruden's your guy if you can get him. Gruden'll punch Merriman in the jaw if he smacks his ***** up again!

20. Chargers-Superhero

Ratings:
    +117
    The entire DEFENSE needs punched in the jaw (along with Rivera)

21. loranimal

loranimal BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    The team gathered in the locker room as they usually do on Wednesday mornings. Fifty-two players should have been so boisterous and noisy that each would need to shout to hear his own voice - but that wasn't the case today. The air was so thick with disappointment that the pads on their shoulders felt ten pounds heavier than usual. The feeling was oppressive, and the last place that any one of these players wanted to be was here in this quiet locker room, waiting for practice to begin after another miserable display on their home turf Monday night. What made matters worse is the feeling that the opportunity for greatness that this once talented team had firmly in its grasp was now quickly becoming a memory. That loss was a churning ball of rancid meat in the pit of L.T.'s stomach, as he came to the realization he had held at bay since the middle of last season - his shot at the title was lost. The dream he was so sure to achieve just four years ago was a thing of the past. This team was now officially in "rebuilding mode"; and "rebuilding mode" was not designed for thirty year old running backs. This was the end. It was time to gracefully exit this game and let the rebuilding begin. He would do it for the sake of the franchise, and he would not waste another moment dreaming. L.T. turned toward his locker and began to take off the practice jersey he donned less than five minutes ago. This would be the last time he would have to stare into this old blue locker. As he untied the sturdy cord that tightened his shoulder pads, he sensed that something wasn't quite right behind him. The locker room filled moments ago with the quiet shuffling of pads buckling, helmets snapping, and the soft ruffling of jerseys was now completely silent. It was as if he was now the only player in the entire training facility. The down and out half back turned to see what was wrong and immediately felt the powerful legs that had plowed through hundreds of defensive linemen and backs turn to putty and buckle beneath him. He closed his eyes tightly to clear away the hallucination that stood before him; but when he opened them again, the tall, older gentleman still stood before him. The next few seconds seemed to last an eternity for L.T as his old coach opened his mouth to softly speak............ "Men, there's a gleam.....".

22. Chargers-Superhero

Ratings:
    +117
    Jeff Fisher is rumored to be out if Tennessee tanks the rest of the season, but I don't see him coming here if that happens.

23. LA_BoltFan

LA_BoltFan BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    i wanna introduce my self real quick i have been a long time lurker! and i wanna say whats up.........

But this loss has made me wanna say something Norv Needs to GTFO! and im sick and tired of all this gruden talk let think out side the box and Bring in Pete Carroll! come on people think about it!

24. Chargers-Superhero

Ratings:
    +117
    Pete Carroll had his shot in the NFL. He is a College coach who can get the best out of his young college players, NOT million dollar NFL players. Steve Spurrier was a great college coach before he tried the NFL, then went back after he failed. Carroll knows a good thing he's got. He would be crazy to leave.

If our defense was better, our offense would get on the field more, and we would have several more TD's this year and might not be 2-3.

I'd rather keep Norv, and just hire WADE PHILLIPS after he gets fired from Dallas, to be our DC again.

I personally think Norv will be here in 2010. I just have that gut feeling.:icon_shrug:

25. sdrocks

sdrocks Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +16
    Gruden or Mike Nolan (for what's he's done with their defense and I respected how he kept blitzing even though they were up two scores with less than a minute) That's my kind of coach.

Wade as DC and Norv as OC. I don't think any one of those guys will get a HC offer again so they may as well take a Coordinator position.

I really think Gruden would love to coach here and he just seems like a So Cal guy. I just don't want him to have GM responsibilities.

26. Chargers-Superhero

Ratings:
    +117
    If I was Pat Bowlen of Denver, I would give Mike Nolan whatever he wants money wise. He's the reason this team is turned around. Without a defense, you have the '07, and '08 Broncos.

27. Chargers-Superhero

Ratings:
    +117
    AJ will always have GM responsibilities until Spanos fires him.

28. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155
    Thanks for posting.

But Carroll is purely a college coach, he's great at coaching college kids, but he's already shown that it doesn't work in the NFL (along with all the other high profile college coaches). There's a lot more pressure on NFL coaches, they have to spend a lot more time working, so the laid back kind of attitude doesn't really work too well, plus I'm pretty sure he'd want to be GM as well which would make it even worse.

Carroll's a great recruiter and great at keeping his guys loose in big pressure games. Perfect for the college game. Plus he'd be stupid to leave college, he's treated like a god, he's great at it, there's a lot less work and stress, and the pay is pretty good.

29. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +500
  30. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    If I were AJ, I wouldn't let Gruden out of San Diego. Hire Chucky and give Norv the option to stay on as OC or take a hike.