1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Free Agent Frenzy

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by CoronaDoug, Mar 13, 2012.

1. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,632
    if that's the case, all the better for us. Pay him decently but lock him up and bring him back into the fold. He's so valuable to the team in so many ways

2. Whooki Mane

Whooki Mane BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +179
    Yeah I suspected he was looking for a payday.. after seeing maybe he isnt worth what he thinks he is hopefully that makes AJ's offer a little sweeter now watever it may be... i aint a fan of bringing tolbert back unless it comes cheap but after hearing reports of us being interested in jackie battle as a consolation prize id be willing to overpay for tolbert jus to keep jackie battle off our team :D

3. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +3,453
    Harris isn't a NT. We need a true 3-4 NT....... Garay doesn't even fit the profile. To really make the 3-4 defense work well, we need a guy like Jamal Williams....... a man mountain that commands a double team. Thomas is growing as a player. but he's not there yet (if he ever will get to that level). Sims isn't better than Thomas, Bernard and Landri aren't big enough, and Rogers and Warren are both 33...... we need somebody with more in the tank. Can't say I'm excited about any of those guys, but we need to add somebody.

4. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,632
    I just had a very random thought regarding SS, it's draft not FA so sorry if this is the wrong area

Anyone heard of Lavonte David? The LB from Nebraska? I remember hearing about how some scouts were thinking of him as a potential safety because he's not as big as they'd like. Could it be that he's the person we are targeting for Safety?

5. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,453
    He's too slow to be a true safety...... more of a cover LB.

6. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279
    There's always Haynesworth for NT :D

7. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,453
    A fat corpse would be cheaper.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Nomad

Nomad Very Senior Member

Ratings:
    +127
    And probably a better player. :)

• Like Like x 2
  9. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    Yes there are YOUNG RB's waiting to be drafted in April. They days of paying RB's are over. Especially with the multi RB systems.

• Like Like x 1
  10. CoronaDoug

Ratings:
    +814

Posted by Mike Florio on March 16, 2012, 8:56 AM EDT

As Peyton Manning gets closer to a decision about his future (hopefully, he’s not getting farther away from making up his mind), the Broncos remain extremely viable — especially with the Dolphins reportedly focusing on Matt Flynn and the Cardinals having to decide by 4:00 p.m. ET on Friday whether to keepKevin Kolb on the roster and owe him $7 million as of Saturday.
    If the Broncos land Manning, it’s highly likely that they’ll send Tim Tebow packing.
    The only unknown is Tebow’s next destination. While some self-styled professors of football have professed that the arrival of Chad Henne in Jacksonville closes the door on Tim returning to his hometown, the only thing that will remove the tarps is Tebowmania. And the extra money coming from a truly sold out stadium would quickly recoup a wasted $3 million signing bonus on Henne.
    But that’s not the only possible Florida destination for the former Gator. If the Dolphins swing and miss on Manning (which necessarily will be the case if he signs with the Broncos) and also fail to secure the services of Flynn, the only way owner Stephen Ross can make a big splash in the short term would be to put his trust in Tebow.
    Ross saw the power of Tebow last year, via that goofy University of Florida reunion that ended up being the coming-out party for the visiting team’s quarterback. And while Tebow would possibly give ulcers to offensive coordinator Mike Sherman, let’s not forget that Sherman while at Texas A&M turned a part-time quarterback/part-time receiver into the hottest 2012 prospect not named Andrew Luck or Robert Griffin III.
    Besides, Tebow’s impact on the locker room could be potent. “Young man is blessed,” linebacker Karlos Dansby said last year. “Young man has a special anointing on him. And for God to show himself in that game the way He did, through the guy He did it through, it opened a lot of guys’ eyes on our team. And it brought a lot of guys closer to God, so like I said, everything happens for a reason. . . . My hat goes off to Tim. And God working through him like that, it opened up a lot of eyes.”
    While John Elway is trying his best to find an excuse to look away, the eyes of owner Stephen Ross would surely be wide open. And he’s be seeing nothing but dollar signs.

11. CoronaDoug

Ratings:
    +814
    Broncos send plane to N.C.; Peyton Manning turns down Dolphins

Shortly after Peyton Manning notified the Miami Dolphins that he will not join them, the Denver Broncossent a plane to Raleigh, N.C.
    NFL Network's Albert Breer reported Friday that the Broncos' plane is flying to Raleigh, according to the flight-tracking website FlightAware.com.
    Manning had been picked up from Raleigh earlier this week by the Tennessee Titans.
    Quarterback Peyton Manning phoned the Dolphins personally on Thursday to tell them they have been removed from the running as potential suitors for his services, multiple sources told NFL.com's Jeff Darlington Friday. While it has been widely believed over the last 24 hours that Manning would not sign with the Dolphins, neither side had formally removed themselves from the mix. That has now occurred.

12. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    Rumors here in Denver is that the Broncos owners private plane, is scheduled to fly to North Caroline in less than an hours, and media people at the airport just reported that Elway just got to the airport.

I didn't realize it, but apparently the flight plans for every flight is public info and is available on some website. They are saying according to that website, the plane is schedule to head off to North Carolina, which is where Manning has been training

13. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,358
    Yep:

http://flightaware.com/

You can check flights using flight numbers or see what flights are scheduled between cities.

14. CoronaDoug

Ratings:
    +814
  15. CoronaDoug

Ratings:
    +814

Posted by Evan Silva on March 16, 2012, 2:18 PM EDT

Getty Images
    ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports that the San Francisco 49ers have emerged as one of the three finalists to sign free agent quarterbackPeyton Manning.
    The other two teams are the Denver Broncos and Tennessee Titans. According to Schefter, the Arizona Cardinals “have been advised that they are to proceed as if they will not get Peyton Manning.”
    We already knew the Dolphins were out.
    Schefter, who broke the 49ers news on SportsCenter early Friday afternoon, reported that San Francisco secretly sent club officials to watch Manning throw at Duke University last Tuesday night. The 49ers’ representatives were said to be “very impressed with what they saw.”
    The Niners have already given Manning a physical.
    And this explains whey they haven’t re-signed free agent quarterback Alex Smithyet.

16. CoronaDoug

Ratings:
    +814
  17. CoronaDoug

Ratings:
    +814
    UTKevinAcee @UTKevinAcee
    For all of u tweeting u want news re: Tolbert, there is none right now. Sort of a standoff going on. Tolbert has offers from multiple teams.

18. CoronaDoug

Ratings:
    +814
    UTKevinAcee @UTKevinAcee
    Tolbert saga gonna end soon -- 1 way or other. I'm told it's not looking good. My take: Mike will really have to want to stay 4 it to work

19. CoronaDoug

Ratings:
    +814
  20. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,070
    UTKevinAcee @UTKevinAcee
    It's being reported Kamerion Wimbley release has happened. Don't expect Chargers to be suitors. He will be highly sought after/expensive.

• Like Like x 1
  21. CoronaDoug

Ratings:
    +814
  22. CoronaDoug

Ratings:
    +814
  23. SuperCharger92

SuperCharger92 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +633
    HAHAHAHAHAHA!

24. MadMike

MadMike Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +473
    Yah got my fail teams mixed up, he did go to Jax. And yes I know he caught 11 TD's but that was one year. Before that he had done nothing. I think 30+ Million for a guy that has had one decent year is way too much. If he regresses then Jax just lost money big time. That being said, we need to sign Garay for something like 4 years 24 million, Tommie for 2 year 4.5 million, and then try and get Tolbert back, and if not make a play for LT or Micheal Bush. If we can do this then we can draft pass rushing OLB or SS in first, the other in 2nd, and O-Line\D-Line in 3rd round (My guess is we will get an extra 3rd from the loss of Sproles, and maybe a 5th for Burnett). We will probably also sign aanother QB in the late rounds.

25. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,632
    I couldn't imagine a more amazing scenario for the Chargers then Peyton going to Denver, them trading Tebow, and Manning being a shell of what he used to be. It would be glorious :)

• Like Like x 1
  26. jackfrost

jackfrost Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,071
    Whats with all this "Get LT back" talk ??? :confused:

Seriously, how delusional/desperate has this fanbase become ?

The guys finished, finito, done like a dog's dinner, make up your minds what's more important here..........

This team IMPROVES and moves forward or digresses even more because of bull :poop: sentiment ?

Unbelievable how some just refuse to acknowledge the obvious.

• Like Like x 1
  27. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,071
    DFlop !!! :D

28. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,071
    I'd gladly take BJGE if the price is right ..............tough as all hell and good hands and doesn't cough it up.

• Like Like x 1
  29. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +294
    • Like Like x 1
  30. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +294
    Also why is nobody talking about the $90 million contract that DEN offered Manning?? I only saw it on local TV news and I didnt hear the years...