1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Free Agent Spotlight 2010

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Workplay, Jan 8, 2010.

1. Workplay

Workplay scompl

Ratings:
    +66
    Which free agents would you like to see in a Charger uniform in 2010?

Brandon Marshall? LenDale White? Julius Peppers? :yes:

I don't know who all the free agents are. Who do you think would be best for our team?

2. IFiredCHart

IFiredCHart Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +96
    A stopgap RB, but nothing much more.

Come on man, you know AJ never plays the FA market (and with good reason, since getting paid seems to sap numbers quite well if you ask me)

3. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    DO NOT EVEN BRING UP BRANDON MARSHALL AND US SIGNING HIM!!!

4. NORV4LIFE

NORV4LIFE NO MORE NORV!!!!!

Ratings:
    +58
    Hmmm i'll take Marshall and Peppers FTW!!!:abq2::abq2::abq2::abq1::abq1::abq1:

Only white if we have an emergency situation at running back bc he might be pricey for the limited game he brings to the table even though he is good at what he does.

5. NORV4LIFE

NORV4LIFE NO MORE NORV!!!!!

Ratings:
    +58
    Yeh unless you want all the hate that comes with it.... I found that one out:icon_shrug:

It seems like ppl around here want every charger to be a perfect angel...

A tim tebow type person... If we didn't have a great qb, fb and te i bet ppl would be rooting to draft him...

6. Chargers-Superhero

Chargers-Superhero Just win the Damn SB !!!

Ratings:
    +117
    None of these 3 you mentioned. :no::no:

7. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +689
    No, we do not expect everyone to be perfect, but Marshal has shown to be a habitual offender. His rap sheet is a mile long. Team chemistry is very important, and Marshal is bad for chemistry by his tantrums and off the field crap.

I doubt you would find very many that think Tebow would be a good fit with the Chargers.

8. PB Bolt

PB Bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +138
    There’s your reality show.

Have a bible-thumping Tebow share a cramped three bedroom on the boardwalk in Mission Beach with Merriman, Cromartie and The Situation.

Just add grain alcohol, a bi-curious chick who looks like E.T. and stir...

9. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    im not looking for a perfect angel, but woman beaters are pieces of ****. he has a mile ****in long rap sheet. after this season you should know that distractions are NOT good, do you want more tila tequila bullshit?

you MUST have snooki and tila in that three bedroom.

10. Cheapseats

Cheapseats Loud, proud Charger fan

Ratings:
    +373
    Our biggest free agent moves should be locking up our own guys.

The huge list of injury replacements aside, AJ will pick up an occasional FA to fill a need where we are thin and an undervalued, chararcter guy becomes available.

I could see that on the D-line if Jamal hangs them up or on the at the OT position if someone reallly good became available at a reasonable price in the off-season (...help me keep an eye out for those flying pigs!) The Chargers have built this team through the draft and UDFA's. We could package up some of our roster depth with a draft pick or two and trade (or move up in the draft order) to get a specific individual.

11. Boltzlover

Boltzlover BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +28
    If they don't play for the Chargers now I really don't want any. Certainly no big ticket ones. If we can keep what we got and a few draft picks pan out and maybe one or two of those cheap FAs that AJ comes up with and we should be fine. We really do not have the money to sign any free agents who are not currently Chargers.

12. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,420
    You don't have to be a perfect angel to not be a locker room cancer.

I would take a chance on Marshall if WR was actually a need for this team, but I can comprehend where others are coming from when they suggest they wouldn't want him no matter what.

13. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887
    Marshall wouldn't be able to cut it in the Bolt's locker room. I'm sure the vet's on the team would straighten his act right up, either that or he'd be asking to be traded. JMHO.

14. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    Because I've gotten my hopes up a little too much over the past few years about free agents only to be bitterly disappointed, I'm not even going to get my hopes up we will acquire anyone in FA.

15. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    Only one I'd even consider is Chester Taylor.

16. IFiredCHart

Ratings:
    +96
    For how much it would cost to get him, that would be a phenominal signing--he is an excellent receiver and a solid rusher, allowing him to be a real weapon under Norv.

17. Boltzzz

Boltzzz BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +99
    AMEN, don't even bring this BS to our team!!!!!!!!

18. IFiredCHart

Ratings:
    +96
    Rumor has it that Kirk Morrison wants to be a Bolt...he is a very good MLB, and for the right price, I definitely wouldn't mind him.

19. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Who cares?

20. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    We have to re-sign VJack, Floyd, McNeil and Sproles....I don't think we're gonna be throwing much cash around in free agency.

21. mandude

mandude BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +59
    I'd get otgwe from the rams. I think he is a free agent, he was restricted last year, and franchised this year.

We could use another solid safety, and he's probably desperate to get off the rams. two years ago he had 7 interceptions too. character guy (dating singletary's daughter too).

22. mandude

mandude BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +59
    yeah I'd love to see us get a nose tackle though in free agency, and use our draft pick on a stud running back, I remember seeing a list of free agents and there were a couple younger nose tackles available.