1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Free Oz

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Sandolf, Aug 13, 2012.

?

Are you a conformist?

This poll will close on Aug 13, 2022 at 8:08 AM.
  1. Yes

16.7%
  2. No

83.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +384
    Well Conc... if decisions are made by committee over here, why was I not summoned to lobby before the vote?

2. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +3,500
    [​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. boltfanatik

boltfanatik Toxic Minority Member

Ratings:
    +112
    HAHA you'll miss him he's already caused 3 pages of contraversey :D

4. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +384

Certain illustrious posters... (if you can call a jpeg a post)... live for their own personal agenda. Dead issue for some... a matter of principle for me. I am not going to let go of this... (and I am certainly not likely to be influenced by JNCP remnant peer pressure).

5. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +3,500
    Knock yourself out. ;)

6. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +384
    And you sir. Good luck on your next dead horse issue.

7. jackfrost

jackfrost Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,089
    So the werd around the Interwebby is that SandyBob's a "back-door banshee" ???

Oh my.... :eek:

Ever since that "personal hookup" with Oz a few weeks back, SandyBob does seem a changed Man I must admit ?

Is there any chance that Oz is infact a 21 st Century, CharlesManson/Jim Jones/David Koresh type cult figure guru ????

May need to reassemble the Ol' JNCP Swat team to investigate this theory I do believe.

8. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    Aaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Ummm, wait on, there's nothing illegal about that ....right ? :whistling:

9. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089

That would be me .... :D

10. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,231
    Jumping to false conclusions for arguments sake will not help you either. _Oz was judged on his posts and his posts alone. He was not judged by your posts or anyone else's. If you are going to be a hard liner you (and by default the person you are speaking for) need to be able to accept the ramifications of what you post.

You compared _Oz to bolts4life which was a superficial comparison at best. B4L had posted here for years and was given a lot of rope. _Oz was new here and didn't try building any positive reputation for himself other than to give the middle finger to anyone who asked him to follow the rules. He came in as a self styled sheriff who posted that he was here to get banned. What is made up there and not his posts?

Respectfully, I am finished discussing this Sandy. Just don't get yourself banned in your faux search to defend the indefensible.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +384
    What? You come to this conclusion because of something Buck's informant claimed I wrote?

12. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,231
    I would hust like to give a shout out to out lurkers from around the interwebs. Hope yall are enjoying yourselves...:roflmao:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings:
    +421
    Thank You! Speechless..........:)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +384
    I mean seriously Conc. It is more than a little bit arrogant of you to claim my line is indefensible, and then withdraw. Ironically you have just proven my point.

Now we can tip the discussion towards my banning... (which Natty predicted). There is no downside to reinstating Oz, because if you mods are so ultimately correct like you think you are, he'd just get himself banned again anyway. This is about your fragile moderator egos. It always was.

15. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,231
    Not ego at all. What is apparent is there is no answer other than capitulating to your desires that is acceptable to you even though you have said that any rule here is stupid. That is why I do not have a desire to discuss this further. You Natty and _Oz can debate and berate at SMM all you want. You have failed to change my mind, I have failed to change yours.

If my asking you not to get banned for _Oz was out of line so be it. The only ego on display is that of yours as the sock puppet of _Oz. You have repeatedly stated that this is some witch hunt, and both you and he have repeatedly insulted people to try and get your way. If is it bad or shameful that I dont want to be part of that, then bad and shameful I will be.

I wish you, Natty and _Oz the best.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +384
    [​IMG]

Where have I insulted any of you Conc? At least robdog understood. I await his decision.

---
    Sock puppet? Hmnn. Obviously a BT version of fighting fire with fire... (however ill conceived).

17. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,231
    You have taken stabs at the moderators and their descisions thorughout this thread. You have talked of backroom deals and bad behavior. I dont take any of that as a compliment. I understand your position, however I am disapointed in your scorched earth approach at flaming everyone from the JNCP crowd to all the moderators. That is just my opinion.

Sock puppet was an ill thought out attempt at bringing humor to this situation where you are trying to speak for _Oz. No insult intended, apologies.

As I have said, I honestly wish you, _Oz and whom ever else is enjoying the car wreck in luker mode well. But our opinions are not likely to change, and I have no time to get into one of the old pissing matches over unchaning opinions. That is why I am backing out.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +384
    Sure its not a compliment, but it is not an insult either. robdog himself pointed out that questioning your level of competence on this issue is fair game. As I said before... the line that some of the JNCPers have taken disturbs me more. They should know better having weathered the .com fiasco.

No sense getting wound up Conc. Sock puppet or evil monkey... we have progressed beyond that stage. No harm done.

You said you are not the responsible party. Your word is good enough for me.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,703
    There is no "responsible party" Sandolf. There is no conspiracy. Conc has explained all of that to you.

For the record, I hadn't visited SMM in several months (possibly a year) until you started this thread. I didn't even know what JNCP meant until I asked Conc today, so yeah, it's insulting to be labeled a henchwoman and to be accused of things I never did.

BT and the community we have here is important to me. So I'm only going to post about this here. I have absolutely zero desire to start some petty forum war. We're adults, not teenage girls with competing cliques.

What's most frustrating about all of this is the pure hypocrisy. You (and by extension Oz) are accusing us of talking about you behind your backs, spying on you at your forum, sharing that information amongst ourselves and conspiring to ban people because we don't like their "take". When in reality, aside from having any mod/banning capabilities, it's exactly what you're doing over at SMM.

There are pages upon pages, going back to before Oz ever came here, of your group talking trash about the members here, the content we discuss, how stupid our rules and our posters are and how funny it would be to stir up trouble on our forum, how long it would take to get banned... After Oz was sent packing, he waited a week, decided it was too calm over here (since he was still reading, just unable to post) and sent you to come cause trouble and "defend his honor". Just as he'd done for you in another forum scuffle somewhere else.

So excuse me if, for reasons other than being a forum nazi, I'm not exactly sympathetic to your plight.

I get that all of this is just a big joke to you guys, something to spice up the pace at your preferred hang-out, and I'm sure you'll have tons of fun calling me all sorts of derogatory names, lambasting my intellect and sense of humor. Maybe now that you know I'm a woman and not a man it won't be as fun. Maybe it will. I don't really care honestly. Have at it. You have the perfect place for it. No rules. Freedom to curse and argue and puff out your chests all you want with no restrictions, at SMM. It's a great place. I've been a member for a long time and you have quite a few members I respect highly and enjoy hearing commentary from.

However, here, we do have rules. Not a lot and not to the extent of .com or other places, but we have guidelines for keeping the peace. Whether or not you or I 100% agree with them doesn't matter.

Personally, I could care less about dirty language. Never met a curse word I didn't like. But here, since it's not everyone's cup of tea, we have rules and a language filter to keep things more widely acceptable. Does everyone follow those rules to a T every single time they're here? No. So clearly, we're not the heavy handed and oppressive monster you claim. If what you're accusing us of were actually the case, anyone I'd ever had a disagreement or debate with would no longer be here. Anyone who had ever made a personal insult towards me or any of my "friends" would be gone too. That's not the case.

None of the mods here are opposed to users having opinions that don't mesh with their own. None of us waste our time gossiping or spreading rumors in secret about anyone here. Any discussion that I have ever had in private here was to help mediate a situation, to answer a question, to coordinate some project or on occasion to casually discuss life and misc. personal stuff with people I consider friends.

I have physically clicked the button to ban 2 people (not counting spam bots) from BT in my time as a mod. N4L and Oz. Both of which were because they wouldn't get along and follow the forums rules. They were behaving badly for no other reason than to cause trouble for other people here and because despite repeated warnings, including a final warning, they continued to be disrespectful, disruptive and refused to adhere to the same rules everyone else here is expected to.

That's it. No shady backroom meetings. No popularity contests. No jail cells. No oppression.

• Winner Winner x 2
  20. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +384
    Of course you wouldn't be sympathetic to my plight Syd. In fact you have just created a new one. Conc just jokingly called me a sock puppet. You seem to believe it. There is nothing written at SMM since the early days that will confirm anything you seem to want to make me responsible for. You dropped the ball in your dealings with Oz. Now you want to project other people's opinions on me.

Carry on Syd. No surprises so far.

21. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,703
    I don't believe you are a sock puppet. What I posted is all true. You started this thread all on your own, gladly even. But the initial idea/inspiration to do so came from Oz. If you want to deny it, that's your prerogative but I read it with my own eyes. AFTER he was gone.

I'm honestly shocked and disappointed that it was you who started all of this. In all of my dealings with you I'd never suspected this kind of petty and mean-spirited behavior.

Oz was given the same message, by multiple mods, as any one else who was contacted for infractions. The difference is, he basically said "f-you and your rules" and continued to behave in the same manner. If he or you don't like the consequences, it's not anyone's fault but his. A little less bullheadedness and a little more cooperation and he'd still be here.

If you'd like to continue to go around in circles and continue this farce, enjoy. I've told you the truth, about everything I read and everything I did. I've said my piece.

• Like Like x 1
  22. robdog

robdog Code Monkey Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +262
    To be fair, I said site owner. (aka, me) I never said anything about super mods or mods.

23. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +384
    I won't deny that. Oz came to my defense in similar circumstances when I was banned from GTP... (which I still consider an inferior board). You will also have read if you kept going that I said that this is now now longer about Sandolf and Oz, but a matter of principle.

Somehow all of you are just not getting it or you really do not want to... (which is more likely the case). I am vehemently against what you did with Oz. If it is petty in your mind fine. It is not in mine. I am not mean-spirited or have any less regard for you... I am stating the situation as I see it.

I still want to know where the downside is to reinstating Oz. If he returns and blatantly abuses you mods, you can repeat the exercise. I will not intervene if that is the case. If he is hard nosed in stating his views... great. His intellect can only be a benefit to this place.

I am only asking that you soften the hard line and give this another look. That is far from being "mean spirited".

24. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +384
    Fine sir. All the more curious I guess. :D

25. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,231
    To be honest Sandolf, I have given it another look. I have also looked in on your Ghee thread at SMM. What I saw of _Oz in that thread has only reinforced my opinion that his banning was the correct action. _Oz has done nothing that would make me say he is willing to change anything or try and fit in here. I know you disagree and I am cool with that.

I will not go spar with him there because we dont need interforum flame wars cropping up again in my opinion, and because I respect quite a few of the people there.

The good thing in all of this is; my opinion means little in this. Rob will do what he thinks is best for the forum as a whole, not simply for you, me or even _Oz, and he will have my support regardless of what he chooses.

However this thread is degrading to a slapfest. Was that the intent? You stated your case, you are against _Oz being banned. Noted.

• Agree Agree x 1
  26. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +384
    No definitely not. Let robdog rule on this. I will then decide to leave, stay on or stay on as Voetbol only depending on the verdict and the reasoning behind it.

Hopefully this will not take much longer.

• Like Like x 1
  27. boltfanatik

boltfanatik Toxic Minority Member

Ratings:
    +112
    Wow I just walked past a fire hydrant this am and it was surrounded by dogs pissing all over it to mark their turf. Guess what came into my mind. LOL

• Like Like x 1
  28. ShowYourBolts

ShowYourBolts Offering free samples.

Ratings:
    +12
    This is absolute comedic gold!

[​IMG]

29. ViennaLager

ViennaLager FC Eintracht Bamberg Smokey Beers

Ratings:
    +61
    wow, a sister showed up.