1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

From an angry Charger fan, I recieved this in my email.

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by When Lightning Strikes, Nov 24, 2008.

1. When Lightning Strikes

When Lightning Strikes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +68
    Sorry I do not have a link, but i think it was in the paper!!

Dear Chargers,
    I read these message boards all the time. I read the Kevin Acee mailbag religiously and every Tim Sullivan column that pops up I read as well. I am a pretty laid back young man and have been a Charger fan since I was 10 years old. I currently reside in Boise, Idaho and I still haven't missed a game in a good 6 years plus I'm to broke to afford Direct TV. That means every game that I go to watch involves me buying overpriced pitchers just so I can sit there and watch you guys blow it.
    I respect the horrible calls, because believe me when those calls happen I get even more upset than you do. I yell and scream at the TV trying to correct the poor officiating even though my yelling is wasted. I guess that's because I have so much faith in you guys. I don't mean faith as in preseason hype, or even Ron Rivera mid season hype, I mean faith in a collective of men who can pull together and do better than this. To me it seems silly to put so much faith in a group of men who will just let me down, but I do it. I don't know why, but for some reason to me the San Diego Chargers have always been that consistent in my life. I went through the losing, the losing and the losing... and now, at least over the last few years the winning, which is nice, but now it has finally faded away, this years games have become a consistent a reminder of what use to be and that is beyond disappointing.
    I've finally reached the horrible peak of football fandom, I'm stuck being a fan of a team that is soft. I don't want point fingers. It's silly, so and so didn't make this tackle, Phillip Rivers fumbled, blah, blah, blah. All I know is that when John Madden, the oldest, fattest man in sports commentating history, calls out your team for seeming "lethargic" then you have a real live problem. Personally I'm surprised that "Old Man River Madden" can still throw around words like "lethargic," but maybe he just saved it for my Chargers, and maybe he was right. I guess he had to sit through this game too.
    "Hey fire Norv! Fire Norv!" "Get AJ out of there!" Really? I don't necessarily disagree with that, you can call out coaching all you want and I do as well. At the same time, LT had some holes tonight and some tackles that he needed to break. If he is going to whine and complain all week that the lack of running game is the thing on the offensive side of the ball that is causing the Chargers to lose than you better prove yourself right. That means that you break those ankle tackles and finish runs. You told us that toe was good now...prove it. As much as I hate to admit it, Phillip Rivers has played very well this year with no running game. His pick total is low and could be a lot lower if any other defense respected our running game. LT, you are going to the hall of fame, and that is amazing, and if you ever win a super bowl that will be amazing as well. But I'm tired of making excuses for you and your new found need to discuss your future retirement. I won't say you lost a step, because I've seen the great things that you have brought to this franchise and I refuse to lose belief in you. The only problem is that watching you makes me feel like you have lost belief in your own team. I know the press plays up your apparent "not being a big fan of Phillip Rivers," and I hope that's true. That the whole thing of you guys arguing on and off the field last year is something that is just publicized so desperate beat writers have something to write about. None the less Mr. Tomlinson when you went to London and we had sit through that awful loss, never once did you come out and defend your own quarterback. You blatantly told everyone how great Drew Brees was, but, and maybe I might have missed it, but I don't remember at any time during that trip a quote that stated, "Hey Phillip is great, were glad to have him here." Maybe you miss Drew, and in all actuality there is nothing wrong with that. Yet, real Charger fans that miss Drew should be slapped in the mouth. Drew Brees was the king of the pic in comeback time and it's amazing how quickly fans forget that. Drew Brees might break passing records this year and still might not make the playoffs, he's good but he's not great. And while he might be LT's hero he would've never lead this team to a Superbowl. At this point I don't know if any quarterback ever can. San Diego's too small a sports town for the national press to throw us any, "were cursed" love so I guess were just stuck with each other.
    First off I apologize for this comment becoming way more than just a comment. But I hope you guys feel me. We are rooting for a soft team and it would appear that something in that locker room just plain isn't coming together. Like my Mom used to say to me when I was kid. "I'm not mad I'm mad I'm disappointed."

2. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    He forgot to add, Please Fire Norv. I cant take another year with his horrible coaching and uncreative play calling.
    Turns out, HE IS WHAT WE THOUGHT HE WAS!

3. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    What made you think he was anything else?

4. Boltjolt

Ratings:
    +402
    I didnt, i was refering to AJ when he said " this isnt the Oakland Raiders" when talking about Norv's bad career record as a HC

5. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    that fits how i feel to a tee. ive missed few, VERY few games since ive started watching religiously, and man, i'm just flat out disappointed, im not mad, dogs get mad, ill admit i get mad after a loss, but when its all said and done, im flat out disappointed, just let down... again... wasted talent, wasted money, wasted contracts, man, i cant quit on em, im stuck with em. :icon_sad:

6. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Notice he didn't mention the Washington Redskins?

In AJ I don't trust!!!!

7. Boltjolt

Ratings:
    +402
    He may have, i dont recall the exact quote but it was something similar to that.

8. bigmike.x.09

Ratings:
    +280
    i cant say i dont trust aj...

9. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    I can. He's an egotistical, controlling piece of garbage!!!
    ALL he cares about is his big swelled up head!!!

Someone needs to smash it like a pumpkin!!! :yes:

10. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976
    So fracking what? News flash. YOU DONT HAVE TO TRUST AJ! Aj is here and not going anywhere no matter how many threads you spam with your talk about not trusting him.

Spanos will not make any changes based on your trust.

11. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    [​IMG]
    "That's what I'M Saying! And we LET HIM OFF THE HOOK!"

12. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    IAD endorses this email

13. cranberry

cranberry BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +195
    Yeah, man I can feel with you Charger friend and I agree to
    some of your appointments. But after choosing a favorite team
    somewhere in your youth and got stuck to it, you have no
    way out. The winner takes it all, but the world is full of second, third and bottom tiers.
    I hope - one day - I'll be as lucky as the surprising Kurt Warner Team St. Louis and getting the Lombardi for San Diego.

14. bigmike.x.09

Ratings:
    +280
    theres nothing that a few beers cant help with. :icon_party:

15. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    The lack of fire in this team is the most disappointing thing of all to me. I don't know where it went, but it's been siphoned off.

16. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    It seems like the only fire they show is on defense,

after they get behind by 10 points

then

celebrate a tackle after a 6 yard gain

:icon_evil::icon_evil::icon_evil:

17. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    It wasn't really obvious until recently. Norval has lost the confidence of some of the key players. There are any more viable explanations. I'm a patient person, but this, I suspect will be his last season, unless he backs us into the play offs and manages a good run, but I wouldn't wager this afternoon's bird on it.