1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

From the Rocky Mountain News no less...

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Savage Lizard, Sep 15, 2008.

1. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
  3. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
  4. matt1187

matt1187 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +6
    That's pretty funny. At least some of them know that game was complete, unadulterated horseshit.

5. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Wow, even Bronco fan and media can see it, why not Hockulogi? Damn Zebras.....

6. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    NICE!!! :lol:

7. Enormo

Enormo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +210
    Major props. The guy is calling it like it is.

I don't mind the Donkos and their fans saying that they will take the win. What gets me is when the media and fans et al act like the Donkos earned the win.

Just man up and say it Donk Nation...

"Yeah we got lucky. If it wasn't for those two blown calls we would have lost the game by more than one score. We would have also been shut out during the second half. Unfortunately for the Chargers those calls happened. We'll take the win but we realize that the next time we play the Chargers we probably won't get the same sort of breaks."

Now doesn't that just take a big load off of your shoulders?

8. BroncoJoe

BroncoJoe Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +1
    I won't agree with everything you said, since the Chargers were struggling moving the ball and scoring in the 1st half. We did put up 31 to your 17, right?

We were lucky, although I prefer the term fortunate...

9. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

The first half was all you the second half was all us.

point?

10. BroncoJoe

BroncoJoe Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +1
    Look, I'm not trying to be a troll. Never been my style. It sucks the game came down to a Ref's decision, but the Bolts had three opportunities to stop us.

Failed.

11. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

You said "the Chargers were struggling moving the ball and scoring in the 1st half." So What?

You're right... it failed because there is no point to your post!!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Pretty funny. Hope the zebras see it.

13. Enormo

Enormo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +210
    True. I'd say the Broncos outplayed the Chargers in most every facet of the game during the first half. And who knows what would have happend to the game if the Chambers "interception" was ruled a catch.

However, the Chargers did blank the Broncos in the second half 21-0 until the Cutler non-call.

But, yes, fortunate is a fair descriptor.

Still... man that stings.

14. BroncoJoe

BroncoJoe Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +1
    I'd hate to be in your shoes today.

It sucks big time. But, $hit happens too. You all started slow last year, and nearly made the SB.

We'll see ya in December again, and who knows? Maybe another game after that?

15. Enormo

Enormo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +210
    Well, yes, the Broncos were SO gracious that they granted the Charger's three opportunities to stop them. So big of them.

But really now, the entire game is an opportunity to win. Not just your three tries.

It wasn't the Chargers or the refs who gave up 21 points in the second half. It was the Broncos.

It wasn't the Chargers or the refs who gave up a 103 yard kickoff return for a TD. It was the Broncos.

It wasn't the Chargers or the refs who gave up a TD on a 63 yard run. It was the Broncos.

It wasn't the Chargers or the refs who threw an interception at the goal line. It was the Broncos.

It wasn't the Chargers or the refs who choked and fumbled the ball in the last seconds. It was the Broncos.

Before and up to the play where Cutler fumbled football the Broncos actions (the things they actually did on the field, the way moved thier hands, feet, legs, bodies; the way the ran, jumped, threw, caught, fell, tackled etc) did not ammount to more points than their oppontent. More specifically, by Cutler's hand losing grip on the football as it moved backwards the Broncos, not the Chargers or the refs, caused a physical action of groups of molecules that by the rules of the league would have resulted in the end of the game. The Broncos choked by their own accord. (Not the Chargers.) Unfortunately, so did the unit of individuals who are supposed to enforce the integrity of the game.

And yes, I know you're going to list all the things that the Chargers did wrong to lose the game in that last drive. But whatever actions they Chargers took (or didn't) just remember that all those actions were punctuated by the one action that the Broncos took themselves that would have ended the game.

So thank you so much for point out that the Chargers were provided such a gracious opportunity to win. It really so very magnanimous of you.

Rant over.

• Like Like x 3
  16. LFEpooh124

LFEpooh124 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +38
    LAWYERED!!!

What, UP?

17. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    What you say is true, but we ALL KNOW those plays should never have had to have been made. Even Jay Cutler knew he pissed away the game, you could see it on his face as he left the field after his 2nd red zone turnover.

As the other poster said, Broncs fans should just say, yep we got away with one. But I'm betting if I go to a Broncs board right now, that probably not the overriding tone.

Oh well.

18. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

:eek:wned:

19. RipTheJacker

RipTheJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152
    Not to really nitpick, but i wouldnt say we were struggling in the 1st half

I mean on the first drive there was that BS INT/Fumble play, 2nd drive Rivers drove the team to like the 10 and had an open chambers on 3rd down for a TD and just slightly over threw him, 3rd drive was a 3-&-out, 4th drive was a kick return for a TD, 5th drive rivers threw a 44 y ard TD,

I wouldnt really call 1 punt and one BS call struggling.

But i think that explains why the defense was THAT bad, they were on the field for almost all the first quarter and more than half of the 2nd.

• Like Like x 1
  20. EsDee_in_RI

EsDee_in_RI Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    :bow::nana_dance: :icon_beerbang: :beat::abq2: