1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

FU Rivers

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by MtlBoltsFan, Nov 11, 2007.

1. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +383
    KMA & SMD!!

START VOLEK!!! I don't give a crap if we end up winning this game, the offense is ****. Norv is an idiot offensive coordinator and a choke artist a-la Steve Spurrier and Rivers' career is coming to an end with his spaghetti arm and it is clear he is not "GAME READY". If Rivers doesn't put it together by the end of the season I say we DRAFT a quarterback with our 1st rounder next year!! Take your pick

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    I agree, this looks to be a lot worse than sophmore slump. Unless lack of arm strength and loss of ability to read... read, not just read a defense but READ anyfuqin thing, is all part of the diagnosis. He can't beat anyone with his arm. Pretty easy to beat a team that has no qb.

I don't know about drafting one of them kids though, let's look internal and fa.

3. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +383
    PS: If the Chargers don't bench Rivers and start Volek next week if they lose this game, I am not going to follow them for the rest of the year and I am dead serious it is over :tdown: **** them, **** Rivers, **** Merristeroids, **** Norv, **** Buddy, **** AJ, **** Florence, **** everyone.

4. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    Bye Bye!

P.S. Boston College sucks ***.

5. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    And I thought I was frustrated with Rivers' performance. Jesus. :icon_rofl:

6. Buttmunch

Buttmunch Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108
    I'll admit, I'm pretty much done. I seriously have run out of excuses. I really doubt Rivers could read a high school defense.

Did you hear what Madden said about the botched snap. He's right. Hell, he sounds frustrated, because i bet he heard every excuse during the practices this week about why it keeps happening. F'g pathetic.

7. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    It's not just Rivers

His HC & OC has taken every fugging ounce of confidence from this kid

8. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +383
    Rivers =

No vision
    Can't look off a safety
    Stares down target
    Horrible feel for the pocket
    Fumblitis
    Spaghetti arm
    Throws off back foot
    Horrible mobility
    No coordination with backup center
    Inconsistent delivery
    Throws into double and triple coverage

etc.. etc..

Norv sucks too. We have like 3 running plays LOL. Rivers can no longer read and react. The dude doesn't go through his progressions he just decides where he's going to throw before the snap. Anyone can see this and if Norv doesn't want to do anything about it he is a moron.

9. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
    Don't let the door hitcha where the good Lord splitcha...

PS...Am I still on ignore MTL?

TBF

10. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +383
    that's what happens when these kids lift weights they lose fluidity and the arm loses its range of motion. major league baseball pitchers don't bench press in between games, they run sprints and stretch.

11. J-Grease

J-Grease BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2
    Obviously Volek is the clear #2, but honestly, Whitehurst couldn't do much worse than PR. I say give either of them the ball next game. If they blow it, it will be as though Rivers played the whole time.

And man, I get tired of watching PR have less footspeed than a backpedaling Jamal Williams. What a tool.

12. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851

Why should you care, TBF? :icon_shrug:

It seems anytime MTL's talked about the team the past several months it's been to complain.

13. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +383
    Whitey actually has very good agility and pocket escapability. Good at throwing on the run, beautiful mechanics... can't read defenses any worse than PR is right now. You are absolutely right, but I give the nod to Billy the kid.

14. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +383
    Wouldn't this board be great if everyone just kissed every Chargers player's ***?

15. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    I agree.:icon_evil:

16. pgreenbe305

pgreenbe305 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +22
    I do this when playing Madden on my Nintendo Wii, so it can't be good for an NFL QB! That is all... you know what sucks, too? I actually like Rivers. I think he's a nice guy, and smart, and whatever. I'm just sick of waiting EVERY week for him to prove me wrong about how bad he plays, and after this week- guess what?

I'm still f*cking waiting!

17. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851
    Wouldn't it be great if all the people who have nothing but complaints took them somewhere else?

Don't you and Leisure have your very own forum where you rule and can complain to your hearts' content?

18. J-Grease

J-Grease BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2
    That's absolutely what I've seen from Whitehurst, mobility. He's made some bad decisions, which is par for the course with our qb. And Billy always got it done whenever I've seen him. I just think we need a change but am afraid the change includes PR, Cottrell, and Norv at the very least, maybe more.

19. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +383
    Yes that is correct, I have supported:

AJ
    Greg Manusky
    Whitehurst
    Manu
    Cro
    Weddle (mentioned him first)
    Binn
    Scifres
    Chambers
    Gates
    Jammer (been an unwavering supporter since day 1)
    Non-anorexic Hardwick
    Steroid Merriman
    McKinney (mentioned him first)
    Cesaire
    Naanee
    Oliver
    Osgood
    Phillips
    Siler
    Michael Turner
    Waters
    Wilhelm
    Parker

20. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402

Yeah great idea...those guys are REALLY going to be NFL studs :tdown: What a mediocre QB class this is going to be :yes:

Lets waste another 2 -3 years wathching them fail along with a revolving door of HC's while we suck.

Rivers will snap out of it. Ben did, Eli did, Brees did. Dude was a probowler just last year and is only 25.

Oh and Whitehurst sucks......he isnt going to be anything more than a backup and he hasnt even reached that status yet.

Beautiful mechanics dont mean ****......just look and Tony Romo who throws uphill and way more sidearm than anybody ever has.

21. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +383
    dawg we are past the point of prayer. it is crystal clear what has happened with rivers cannot be cured. maybe if he got smashed by a car while riding a motorcycle like big ben i would understand but that is not the case.

22. J-Grease

J-Grease BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2
    PR threw at LT yet again when LT was looking the other way. That makes at least once every game this year.

23. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    To be honest. I think Norv is a left brain type. And Rivers is a right brain river boat gambler type. And the two aren't mixing well as we see. Norv's got to adapt to Rivers. CAuse RIvers isn't that adaptable to accomadate Norvs wishes.

Basically Norv has to open up the possibilities per play for Rivers in a pass play. Norv's pass plays are too restrictive as of now.