1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Further proof my boy is a genius!!!

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by eldwin, Oct 16, 2007.

1. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    Hey ANT I'm not trying to drag this on or anything. But I have kind of a different perspective... as much as we've done well building our talent through the draft, how many guys on our starting lineup are likely to be unseated by a first day draft pick? Seriously, the only positions where a first day pick might start are ILB or safety. So how important is that second round pick? We're not in a building mode, we are built to win games right now. With the depth of talent we have I can't see a second round pick having as big an impact as Chambers has the potential to have right now.

2. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +382
    yup my story is 100% true too. he flies down to the games and sometimes goes via private jet when his business partner offers it. he was so angry and he was directing his anger at me.... how the fuc is it my fault that AJ took advantage of an 0-6 team by pulling away their best offensive player for a mid-late 2nd rounder because they are rebuilding :icon_shrug:

3. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +382

you know i'm not so sure. at the moment i am leaning 60% chance of a 4th round pick 40% chance for a 3rd.

4. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,190
    You obviously need to fire Aj and take over. He doesn't know what he is doing.:icon_tease:

5. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,602
    jeez i'm shutting up already
    i'm the only one that thinks this, fine whatever

6. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,190
    Dont shaddap. We need a new whippin boy... :icon_rofl:

7. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,602

you got leisure and mtl don'tcha?

8. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,190
    No... :icon_huh:

I got you babe...:icon_banana:

9. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +900
    Exactly. Just because he was targeted, doesn't mean he had a reasonable chance to catch the ball. I didn't see that game, so I have no idea.

10. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,602

:frightened:

11. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +900
    MY Thoughts on the 2nd round given...

Great post!

You bring up several excellent points. 2008 draft picks will probably not play significantly for a few years, Chambers helps us NOW. And presumably, if things go as we expect, we will be picking late in the second round. And you could probably fill a book with the names of 2nd rounders who never panned out. Chambers is a known commodity.

I think this is a great move, I am looking forward to seeing the offense with this new weapon.

12. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,602
    i don't see a burning bush or some stone commandments

speaking of gawd, where's trumpie on a day like today?

13. Alpenbolt

Alpenbolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +156
    The sound lucid logic of my post was unassailable.

He was left with only the option of going after my character. :lol:

I am a VJ hater only in this regard. How can you go through 4 years of college and 3 training camps and not be utilizing the basics of ball catching. A big tall receiver who catches with his body. Seriously, how is that possible in this day and age of high tech coaching?

14. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,190
    Whos bush are you burning again, and isnt a bikini wax, or shave safer?:icon_huh:

15. Buttmunch

Buttmunch New Member

Ratings:
    +108
    That's like saying I'm not sure my 6 inch **** would benefit from having another 2 inches. May not seem like a benefit to you, but it does benefit all other parties involved*. :icon_shrug:

*Think about the team Ant. Overall, the addition of Chambers strengthens the other players around him. Think of LT no longer facing 8 guys in the box, VJ and Chambers in single coverage on the outside, and Gates going up against an LB who couldn't cover him if he was running through mud.

16. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,357
    VJ has far and away the most catches of any WR on our team. He's had a couple of drops, but he's also had some exceptional catches. Does he occasionally lapse into bad technique when catching the ball? Yes, but so does just about every receiver in the NFL. Most of the time, he catches with his hands.

Your condescending statments to VJ, where you implied he was stupid, were far from "unassailable."

17. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,357
    You need to take a logic class, counselor. WRs being highly coveted does not mean they don't require a good QB to get them the ball. Look at the best receivers in the league--Chad Johnson, Marvin Harrison, Randy Moss--what do they have in common? They all have very good QBs throwing them the ball.

18. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680
    Great points, EC. The AFC is loaded again, we needed to upgrade the team, and AJ had the stones to get a true impact player.

And while I dispute Ant's "inconsistency" arguments, I'll even put up with a few dropped balls from Chambers. The important thing is his ability to beat press coverage and get separation, and that the opposing defense knows he can do this.

Trust me Ant, just having Chambers on the field is going to change the look of our entire offense.

19. Alpenbolt

Alpenbolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +156
    I think it is called optimism. Like justice, it may be blind, but for now we want to like the guy and enjoy the moment. If he sucks it up we will have plenty of opportunities to rip him to shreds.

Come on Ant jump on the bandwagon for awhile. I want to hear major pimping of our new boy on the Podcast.

20. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,357
    Chambers is on pace for 80 catches and 1100 yards this year. Buster, who Chambers is replacing in the starting lineup, is on pace for 23 catches and 223 yards this year. How many drops would Chambers have to make to negate that increase in production?

21. P88F

P88F BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +99
    The math stat computer geek I am did the math and it would take 2354'36t5gb546bhg7bhhl43y67543 drops

• Like Like x 1
  22. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    Ah, I see how you carried the apostrophe and squared the bhh, which revealed the y...hmmm...interesting :lol:

23. P88F

P88F BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +99

Yes from square A (jagiar) to square B (cup) :tup: bTW I am very please with RTL skill! of mastering the square A to square B concept!

24. P88F

P88F BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +99
    These batos are Bobbing for apples. :icon_rofl: The best part that you can not tell by the pic is that they have LA tattooed on their arm.

25. PowderLove

Ratings:
    +494
    It has to be one of the most horrifying avatars I've seen. Outside of anything with Rosie in it.

26. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    At least it's not Boy George.

27. PowderLove

Ratings:
    +494
    I don't think he really wanted to hurt us.