1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Further proof my boy is a genius!!!

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by eldwin, Oct 16, 2007.

1. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279
    so i guess we can say 88's been 86'd by 89?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Don't think so. A healthy Parker probably kills this trade. We'll see who the odd man out is. My money is on Kassim when Parker comes back.

3. bigcarson50

bigcarson50 New Member

Ratings:
    +54
    Would Parker play ST then?

4. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Parker is a premier possession reciever. He absolutely is among the best at finding and open spot in the short and middle distance routes among defenses. Quarterbacks and receivers who are really successful share a common trait-pattern recognition. They can see where the voids will be. That is Parker's strength, which allows him to exploit his ability to snatch the ball out of the air. You can have this ability or you can learn it, which separates receivers who do well as rookies and those who are late bloomers. VJ, Malcolm and Buster are later bloomers. Parker and Gates are instinctive. I am willing to still be patient with VJ and Malcolm, although Malcolm is showing signs of this ability now, since he seems to be in less of a crowd when the ball comes to him. This is why guys who don't have the clock speed sometimes do awfully well. Think Steve Largent. Parker has Largent's ability to find the void. His problem is he hasn't stayed as healthy as Largent, but he is tougher-among the toughest guys in the league. Osgood is a special teams player because he simply doesn't know how to do this consistently. As an Aztec, his physical advantages were enough. They are not enough in the NFL for him to make it as a receiver in this league. His physical advantages serve him well on ST's, but Naanee can take his place, and Naanee has playing talents that Osgood doesn't.