1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Gaither a Lazy Bum? Ask Acee...

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Sydalish, Aug 20, 2012.

1. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    BFTB_Chargers: Woah. RT @matthewsimila: @UTKevinAcee just called Jared Gaither a lazy bum who is faking injury on @DSmithShow Uh-oh! #calledout(4 minutes ago from TweetDeck)

Ooooh burn!

EDIT:

Aww... maybe not so much burn :p I didn't hear it live, anyone else?? Interested to know what he actually said. Gaither situation is stressing me out :eek:

UTKevinAcee: @BFTB_Chargers I did not say those things. Called Gaither out for sure. but that tweet was a mischaracterization. (1 minute ago from Twitter for iPhone in reply toBFTB_Chargers)

2. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +4,412
    Well, if rumor is true, the Ravens fans called him "Jared Game Day", because he only showed up for games, never for practice.

3. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +4,412
  4. Sydalish

Ratings:
    +1,807
  5. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    He has been calling him out for a little bit, namely that he needs to get his *** out there and start practicing. It's not quite the burn it was being suggested but it doesn't change the fact Acee is calling him out again

Unless Gaither can really show he's in pain and needs it, he's been called out and has to show what's going on

Edit: The interview Acee makes it sound like the team is absolutely going to call Gaither out, that they think he's pulling the same garbage that he pulled in the past and that if he doesn't show he can play at all in the pre-season that there will be "hell to pay" about this. There appears to be nothing out there suggesting that Gaither really is risking injury if he plays (but admits information isn't solid on that) I don't know what the team will do but frankly for as great of an off-season as AJ has had, this is a MASSIVE MASSIVE mistake on his part not to prepare a backup plan for a player with an injury/laziness history

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    This figures, arguably the most important signee of the entire offseason and it looks like its going to blow up in AJ's face.

7. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +4,412
    Not if he shows up on Sunday and plays like he did last season. Gaither basically got off the bus and started.

Maybe, Jared knows he's only got so much energy to expend, so he conserves it for game day (just a thought).

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,734
    Just wondering if Acee is related to AJ... It seems that whenever he says anything, the masses are drinking out of his jock cup...

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. SuperCharger92

SuperCharger92 Winners Win

Ratings:
    +942
  10. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Scott Bair@NCTchargers
    Gaither answered some tough questions. Said it would be "foolish" to question his motivation. Doesn't want to put rivers at risk (cont)

Scott Bair@NCTchargers
    Cont: ...by coming back too soon.

He has a point

11. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +4,412
    Because, Rivers is much safer with a UDFA rookie protecting his blindside. ;)

12. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,556
    Gaither has been very quiet and cryptic about this whole thing up until today, he's been asking for this kind of reaction.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887
    So Acee is the new team doctor now?? Gaither went to three doctors and I'm sure they reported their findings to the Chargers, If you know what those reports state then please share or STFU.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,556
    To play devils advocate though, how often do you hear about back spasms keeping a player out 3 weeks? Usually its something more serious than that.

15. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887
    No one has stated the cause, so I'm not taking any wild guesses or calling him out. If it turns out he's just laying out then he'll deserve the heat he gets not only from the club but the fans as well.

16. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +505
    Anyone got access to Acee's column in the UT?, he's written one about Gaither. The only interesting thing I got out of the interview was how heated Acee got when talking bout what might happen if Gaither is not playing against San Fran. I'm taking it that the brass are real pissed at the guy. You have to wonder what his fellow O linemen think... this guy had already dug himself a big enough hole (even if he filled it with 8m dollars), he had better stop digging and man up and play. We're in trouble if he chickens out.

On a sidenote, anyone else like the look of Davis sat nite?. I thought he looked ok and strangely might be a better option than Harris. What's up with Henderson? didn't he play left tackle for the Raiders? ok so he is not fantastic but surely he has more than Harris at this point in their careers?

17. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    I think as long as dim-wits keep piling on Gaither his back will never get better. ;)

Leave it to the folks who know his condition & are communicating with him. If there's really an issue, I'm going to rely on the MEN who work with him to address it.

18. Sydalish

Ratings:
    +1,807
  19. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +4,412
    The word on Henderson is that he's not going to make the team.

20. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    I guess that Raider repellant is working. ;)

21. rickochey

rickochey BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    I disagree that with that statement. AJ did what was best for the team and JG choose not to live up to his end of the deal. JG blew up in his own face.

22. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,074
    not in the stands

23. JohnnyX

JohnnyX 2017 Chargers Head Coach

Ratings:
    +378
    This is all Pre-Season Gossip, if he can deliver on gameday is all that matters.

• Agree Agree x 2
  24. SuperCharger92

SuperCharger92 Winners Win

Ratings:
    +942
    No problem with that as Schilling will make the team now!

25. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +4,412
    I haven't heard a peep about Schilling...... is he in the witness protection program? ;)

26. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    Kicked *** against the Cowboys 4th stringers

27. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    So far that keeps him ahead of Troutman. ;)

28. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +4,412
    Tells you where he is on the depth chart, doesn't it? ;)

29. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +4,412
  30. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    Affirmative x2