1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Gaither given a "clean slate" by McCoy?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Blue Bolt, Jan 26, 2013.

1. Nomad

Nomad Very Senior Member

Ratings:
    +127
    At this point, a 'clean slate' from McCoy is saying he hasn't had time to properly evaluate the situation. He will do that in the coming days and weeks and we will see what he decides to do.

2. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,232
    I agree. I would like to see a happy ending to this story. Him fading away could be one, or him coming back and dominating, working hard and dispelling the reputation he has built for himself would be another. But I think the latter is not gonna happen...

3. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +3,511
    Giving big guaranteed money to a guy like Gaither is just guaranteeing he won't put out any effort. Why bother?...... the guy's already gotten his money.

It's why the rookie salary cap was a good thing..... not only was it not fair to players who weren't drafted high (and produced in the NFL), but it helps to prevent the Jamracus Russell type flameout. If you give a rookie a $30 million contract, where's the incentive for him to put the work in?

4. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,232
    While I agree with the intent of your post, however there is more that drives most young athletes than money. There are far more players who got stoopid money as a rookie that played to the best of their abilities than ones who took the money an ran.

5. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +3,511
    Sure, you can't generalize about all rookies, but Gaither's questionable work ethic was well known.

6. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,725
    I would bet you 98% of the time money is the #1 thing guys coming into the NFL are looking for though, and that playing because they simply love the game is a long distant 2nd. And I don't blame them, I would be the same way considering how short an NFL career is for most guys.

Unless your a guy like Andrew Luck who has rich parents and a full Stanford education, you gotta think money drives almost all of these guys.

7. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +837
    One way to get Gaither into gear is to hire this guy

[​IMG]

This dude looks like he will straight up cut your throat in your sleep.

8. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +837
    One way to get Gaither into gear is to hire this guy

[​IMG]

This dude looks like he will straight up cut your throat in your sleep.

*I should note this is not a joke, Rick Lyle was hired to be the Assistant S&C coach*

9. Fossil

Fossil BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +318
    I have a feeling "Big Lazy" (or whatever his well-earned nickname is) has perfected numerous ways of jerking around Assistant S&C coaches.
    But, yeah. This guy ^^^ looks "scary" crazy.