1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Game 1 sure but reason to be worried.

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by LightEmUp, Sep 14, 2010.

1. LightEmUp

LightEmUp Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +11
    You can back the company agenda all you want, or even plug your head up AJ's *** over on the CMB but you dont need to be a bloodhound to sniff the crap that we've been sold all off season. Now you cant deny it. It's been played out - week 1, in a beating by the Chiefs. A team many of the brand defenders wrote off for years to come.

So lets recap the things I as well as many Charger fans have been worried about and IRONICALLY see how they held us back last night.

1. P.R cant be judge, jury and executioner of this team. I warned early in pre-season that if this team was just going to bank its success on 17's arm and not the people around him he wasnt capable of getting it done.
    1.a Vincent Jackson - you can argue the background all you want on this guy but his role you cant deny. Many times last night we needed a beast receiver to make the big play. Floyd is not that guy. We also assured double and triple teams on Gates because of no other receiver threat. This was played out over and over last night.
    2. Gates contract - I predicted his contract was a sign the Chargers knew he was going to get a heavy workload this season due to them already knowing they were going to squeeze VJ like the tiny little commodity he is. AJ is a great businessman. I predicted that too.
    3. The lovely O-Line - so as many of you were crucifying our HALL OF FAME Running Back for pointing out our Oline was suspect. This wasnt a leap for many of us, but the brand pushed their agenda harder than ever. How many of you jumped off the LT train and spit on his legend just to back this pathetic offensive line? Run blocking? Aggressive front? Please.... this line can pass block and thats it. STILL.
    4. AJ's drafts - Look, I like RM, even though he coughed up the ball. The kid wants to play and I love how he doesnt talk chit or celebrate every play he makes. I hope hes a stud. But beyond him theres nothing to get excited about. The chiefs had two rookies make instant impact plays last night. When was the last time we had that from a rookie of ours on opening night? AJ says it takes 3-4 years for a rookie to develop. How many of you bit that lure?
    5. Norv Freakin Turner - Can this guy never ever see past his scripted/obvious playbook to see what is going on in the game? You got a rookie RB that just took over the shoes of a 9 year HOF RB, he fumbles the ball and costs his team big. What does Norv Turner do when we march all the way down to the 4 yard line to score the tying TD? He passes it 3 times and does the obvious sproles draw play. Instead of realizing a much bigger picture, instead of giving his rookie RB a chance to bring his team back and put some pride back into his game, Norv turner decides to send 5 wide and pass it 3 teams. ON THE 4 YARD LINE WITH PLENTY OF TIME AND TIMEOUTS.

I can do this all day but these are not things that are new to this season. This crap has been building for years and while so many Charger fans put themselves through the brand spin cycle each year many of us have been warning of these downfalls.

2. LaDeezie21

LaDeezie21 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +82
    I'm not going to tell anyone they should worry. Worry if you wish. But we've been here before. The Chargers are notorious slow starters.

I do agree with you about Mathews not being in there at the end. Fumble or not, he was a better choice than Sproles. Sproles is just not a threat to punch it in when the Chargers are that close. He's too small.

3. LightEmUp

LightEmUp Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +11
    Does being here before make it acceptable? I've called in sick to work before......

It just sucks that I make $0.00 as an NFL coach, manager or analyst and I can see these things play out before they happen. These guys in Chargerville are much brighter than me and they know these things will happen before I ever get a sniff of it. Whats the reason for continuing to tell the same story year after year? The audience likes hearing it!

4. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    It amazes me how so many things are wrong after a loss but everything is right after a win...

5. LightEmUp

LightEmUp Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +11
    I've been pretty consistent in my ranting - saying the same things over and over again.

Easy to make the tourney, exposed as soon as we do.

I wrote the line "content with mediocrity" when it comes to Chargers fanbase.

6. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    That makes you special I guess. Well thanks for labeling me and all other Chargers fans, I guess that makes you something else entirely.

7. LightEmUp

LightEmUp Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +11
    Is there a reason why you want to personally attack me? Seams to be the theme with Chargers fans on social sites that cant argue football. If your just trying to censor me like the CMB and SOSD just come out and do it. The personal attacks are for children. We are on the internet talking football.

I talk about fanbase (as one point of many others ) and you say "YOU" twice. Thats the difference between general and personal incase that was your next thought after reading the above paragraph.

I would appreciate if you didnt attack me personally for my football views. Thanks!

8. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Walk it off. This place is a zoo of ideas. Not everyone will agree and that is cool. I really could give a rats *** if anyone agrees with me and alot of times that in itself pisses off fans.

Piss on them.

I happen to agree with most of what you posted.

Preach on and let no man nor beast stifle your right to freedom of expression.

9. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    No reason, if you feel that is a personal attack you wont last here long. You need to get some thicker skin, or perhaps look at what your posting. If you have a problem where ever you go what is the common thread? You.

You are the one who is bragging about inventing the tag line " "content with mediocrity" when it comes to Chargers fanbase. "
    Is that an attack? Are you yourself not part of that fan base? Am I supposed to take that as a compliment? You say personal attacks are for children, but what you seem to mean is any personal attack not made by you is for children. Isnt that what you mean? You seem to think talking about or more accurately, putting down a LARGE group of people is ok, but mentioning YOU is not. Hypocritical to say the least in my honest opinion.

So post what you want, but if you cant take the replies, then you might want to just unplug yur computer...

10. LightEmUp

LightEmUp Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +11
    Appreciate what you've said. I anticipated flaming and more intent to make me look like a bad poster.

Thank you!

11. LightEmUp

LightEmUp Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +11
    I already debunked this whole post with my second paragraph. "The difference between general and personal". Instead of reading that, understanding it and making a difference, you've taken the personal attacks further.

I'll ask you to show a little more substance and argue my football points instead of resorting to the same weak attempts to make this personal so you can shew me off the site.

The challenge has been handed - where are your priorities? Football or more crap talk?

12. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Atta boy.

The only thing I did not agree with in your post is the buying of the 2-4 years to develop the rookie or something like that. I give the rookies 3 if not 4 years to show me they are worthy to be on MY field on gameday.

After that - F-them.

13. LightEmUp

LightEmUp Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +11
    While I do agree that it takes time to develop to the NFL pace I wonder why we havent had an impact rookie in quite some time. Is 56 the last guy we drafted to make an impact on day 1? I worry about the 3-4 year timeline with a team that had 1 window come and go already. The window of the Rivers era is just starting but what will the team look like in 3-4 years. It's changed so much just in the last 3-4.

The Chiefs had two rookies make big plays for them last night. Week 1, game 1, they were ready to play.

14. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Nothing is debunked. You saying something does not make it so. The fact taht you simply ignore the perspectives of others proves how thin skinned you are. Yes I said you again. It is a common word in the English language.

I am arguing your credentials to call out the entire Chargers fan base. I have seen nothing that makes you the arm chair expert you say you are. You have some valid points and some over glamorized points. I really dont care.

But when you post something about how every Charger fan settles for mediocrity it lessens any credit you might have. Charger fans do not set the team, they do not play the game. Yet you feel that someone being a Charger fan means something deameaning. Well I guess that makes you either guilty of settleing for less, a hypocrit, or not a Chargers fan. So which is it?

15. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    What helped is that the Chiefs drafted high enough to get immediate starters whereas we get the picking at the bottom of each round. Is that an excuse ? Yeah...

Oh and you are right when you said this fan base accepts mediocrity. It pisses me off.

We should not get used to slow starts as being acceptable. That is a F'n joke. That is used as a defense to tell posters "we" are being unreasonable or the bullshit phrase-of-the day ..... "chicken littles"

Pfffttt....

We should not accept anything less than a fast start and nothing less to the very goddamn end of this race.

16. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Ok, so it pisses you off that the Chargers start slow. So what are you going to do about it? Rather than look to your fellow fans and try and put them down (which you do because it is the only thing you can do), what are you going to do about the Chargers?

You sir by your definition are accepting medicority. You are still here. Full of false bravado, still saying you support the Chargers. Hell I know you Tony, you still support the Chargers. So that you are still here shows you accept mediocrity. What makes it worse if it you belive half the tripe you post, then you fully know and accept poor team management, play, and history. So what does all that say about you?

17. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Blah blah blah .... Noise and non sense.

Fans have every right to be pissed and concerned.

This was another pre-season game.

The same story over and over and the same "get used to it" bullshit phrases as though anyone has to get used to it.

We don't.

I don't and will not.

That is lowering the standards of what I define as acceptable play. F-that. For what? You or others? Not a chance.

18. LightEmUp

LightEmUp Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +11
    I will not get too far into this but I think it's safe to say that either friendships or business relationships censor a lot of what is "told" to Charger fans on these websites. Especially the popular ones with lots of traffic. You can see the mods on these sites spit the same brand agenda the FO does. Anyone questioning that either get personal attacks or made to look like a fool.

I was told on SOSD that conforming to their style of posting would be the only thing keeping me on that site. After being personally attacked with vulgarity it wasnt until I said soemone was acting like a little girl that I got banned. The admin admitted his punishment was not consistent to other posters that attacked me and then banned my IP address.

WHAT IN THE WORLD do you need to do that to a person on a website just talking football opinions? No other reason than total and complete censorship.

Sorry to go off a little there. :p

I think draft slot is important and that excuse has validity. What makes it ironic however is that AJ trades up and down to get the player he wants. Not since 56 has that player been a playmaker instantly.

19. chargerlipz

chargerlipz Leading the league in nose hairs.

Ratings:
    +151
    I'm kind of lazy and didn't feel like looking up your old posts, but did you bring all this up before the game too? I kind of go with the idea that one game doesn't define a season. If there's a recurring theme and this stuff is still happening by the 3rd or 4th game then I will be worried.

20. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    QFT. THis guy is makin me laugh, honestly. Im mediocre?? SO thats not in a insulting way, but if someone says that by you saying that you are being a ____ sounds pretty accurate to me. I hope you dont see this as anohter barb, but seriously your not a fan of SD if your not gonna include yourself in the mediocre category you have pigeonholed the rest of us into.

I could care less where you go or if you never stfu. Ill just have to figure out how to turn on ignore feature. THX in advance for letting us kno your true colors....looks to be Green???

Welcome to the forum Jets fan.

21. LaDeezie21

LaDeezie21 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +82
    I used to get upset at losses like Lightemup but I realized that:

A) It's only Football

B) IT'S ONLY FOOTBALL!

Do you get like this when your favorite TV show produces a bad episode? Why is football so much more emotionally demanding than any other type of entertainment out there?

Dude they had a bad game.

Every year, fans of 31 teams accept mediocrity. It's just the way it is.

Enjoy the season man. It just started. It's a waste of time to be overreacting like this in week 1.

22. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    I think you might have a point if the Chargers contributed anything to this site, which they do not. Nothing here is censored, not you, not Trumpet Man, not me. I find it interesting that you go down that line of thought rather than address the issues people are discussing with you. You have yet to be attacked here. That you keep saying you are attacked is simply a defense mechanism you have which does not really work. What was questioned was your comments that are targeted at the entire Chargers fan base. You seem to think addressing a large group in such a manner is acceptable, but addressing an individual in such a manner is not. I simply disagree. If that is an attack in yuor book, we do not share a common definition.

Again, the common thread is you.

Sorry you had issues elsewhere.

I believe you are judging prematurely...

23. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Game... Set... Match...

24. LightEmUp

LightEmUp Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +11
    How about a little more so I can respond to you again?

25. LightEmUp

LightEmUp Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +11
    You took the time to come in here and talk crap but made no attempt to comment on the football related posts that are littered throughout this thread.

Thanks for your contribution!

26. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Respond or dont. My opinion is here for you to see.

the message is clear. To judge draft picks off of one game is terribly premature. Do you want us to accept your football acumen based on this?

27. LightEmUp

LightEmUp Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +11
    Been a fan for over 20 years. I've been complaining since the LT window closed. After years and years of being a Charger fan during their horrible years I bought and paid for my right to complain when we are pissing our best chances since 95' down the drain.

A lot of this has to do with Stadiums. We wont get into that though.

28. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Ahhh... Are all of your posts related to football?

29. LightEmUp

LightEmUp Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +11
    Thats the depth of your reasoning? After reading everything trumpet and I have conversed about you summed up my stance that we need to judge all our draft picks based on their first game? Your right, dont bother!

Thanks for the contribution!

30. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    You have given me precious little to look at. I quoted your post and responded. Who is not contributing, but being a primadona about it is you.

Thanks for the contribution!