1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Game ball goes to... the refs!

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Enormo, Nov 23, 2008.

1. Enormo

Enormo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +210
    Sure there were things the Bolts could have done better but I'm tired of being raped by the refs. Bullshit PI call that ended in 3 points and another fumble that was blown dead.

The D played their hearts out but the game ball goes to the refs yet again.

2. BeerGuy

BeerGuy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +80
    STOP!!! Please stop.

I'm sure you weren't complaining when the ref moved the ball back an inch just before the measurement that made it 4th down.

Here's an idea, don't leave Harrison all alone in the flat to set up a field goal.

The refs had nothing to do with that, and THAT lost you the game.

3. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    I would have rather they just got the first down. The review and measurement just ended up being a free timeout for them, and a couple of minutes to figure out what they wanted to do.

The drive extending PI was bullshit, but if not for the quick whistle AGAIN, it wouldn't have mattered. I don't like playing the ref card, but it has been a ridiculous year of getting routinely f*cked by those guys.

4. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
  5. BeerGuy

BeerGuy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +80

I know, you guys have some really legit beefs with the officials.

The problem is that guys on this forum are awfully quick to point at the zebras when they really should be pointing at guys like LT and the coaching staff.

Build a bridge and get over it...........it's not a conspiracy.

The only people conspiring to bring down the Bolts are the coaches that stumble and bumble around like the god damned "F Troop."

6. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    I'm not saying it's a conspiracy, I'm just saying that it seems like we have had way more than our share this year, and I'm f*cking tired of it.

And yeah, some of that **** could have been overcome, but it shouldn't have to be.

7. Boltdiehard

Ratings:
    +1,171
    SL I always enjoy your posts but our problems start with HC and end with AJ and LT.

Gonna be a long offseason. As I said in many posts this reminds me of a few years ago when we lost to Dallas in the home opener.

I'll be working next sunday and you know what makes me sick? The sorry *** Broncos are going to the playoffs and the last game with them Cunntler won't even see the field.

Nice job AJ (you hand-picked Norv a-hole).

I'm sick.

8. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    You're kidding right? He was CLEARLY stopped short of the 1st down to begin with - the refs review basically just gave the Colts a free time-out. THEN the ref picks Jammer who had great man coverage on Harrison and they get the 1st down.

Here's an idea - Watch your team get screwed over and over and over again by the refs week in and week out. Then just build a bridge and get over it.

Is it the only reason we've lost some close games? Nope, but it sure doesn't help when the refs blow a call and give the opposing team 4 extra downs to make a play after our D puts it all out there to hold them in the first place.

9. BeerGuy

BeerGuy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +80
    I wasn't implying that the ref gave you a gift, more that he got the spot right. At the last second he did the right thing and pulled the ball back.

With the talent you have on YOUR team you shouldn't need to worry about the refs AT ALL.

The pin stripes aren't making your team quit on you.

10. Boltdiehard

Ratings:
    +1,171
    Good luck bro- as much as I hate him your HC is a winner hands-down.

Lucky bastard.

11. BeerGuy

BeerGuy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +80
    Thanks. At least we're clawing away at people. I remain cautiously optimistic, but, we are complete underdogs for the first time in a long time(not one of those "manufactured," us angainst the world type underdogs).

It'll be fun to head out to Seattle in a couple weeks.

12. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    You feel dirty after posting that, dont you? :lol:

13. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    This team sucks. :violin:

14. Sydalish

Ratings:
    +1,807
    The team never quit!

They played hard tonight, harder than we have seen in awhile. The defense especially. You're right, we shouldn't have to worry about the refs, but we do. We don't get Tuck Rule calls or inadvertent whistles in our favor.

15. BeerGuy

BeerGuy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +80

Because you're not a team of destiny.......:icon_toast:

Kidding....I'm kidding.........

16. Sydalish

Ratings:
    +1,807
    i just threw up in my mouth a little :lol:

17. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Damn... I got a fresh trout and I wana slap someone with it! :icon_evil:

18. TheBeast

TheBeast BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    :icon_evil:

19. Scott the Rock

Scott the Rock BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +130
    I am so sick of "the NFL's GOLDEN BOY" payton manning getting rediculous call to go his way in this NFL! The defense played better but how can you lace up your spikes to play against two teams every week. These officials love manning. That PI call that gave them a field goal was B.S. It kills a team that has little heart in the first place. Last year the win against Indy was so great imo beacause the officials screwed us at every aspect. It seemed to me that they really wanted to see Brady VS manning rather brady VS Rivers. The same **** happened tonight. Favorable calls to manning. The PI and the offsides ( I didnt see an offside flinch or move) killed the chargers. All that said, this team really has no heart! Lt's fullback is a bad blocker. The D is playing better under Rivera but the only guy playing his *** off is a mighty mouse man named Darren Sproles. If everyone on the team had his heart we would be a lot better.

20. Sleepy Norv

Sleepy Norv BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1

There were 2 phantom PI calls on 2 crucial 3rd down plays, plus another unforgivable early whistle on a fumble -- AND the ref picked Jammer off his coverage on a the last 4th down pass! That's FOUR blown calls in the last couple minutes of the game -- has that ever happened to your team!? And this has been going on all year.

Yes, Norv is awful, and the Chargers are not playing close to their potential -- but this is a team that has the potential to go all the way in the playoffs if they get it together. This is now four wins that have been turned to losses by bad calls. 4-7 should be 8-3.

• Like Like x 1
  21. BeerGuy

BeerGuy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +80

I hate Manning as much as you guys hate me.

My son drew a picture of Manning with tears raining out of his helmet. He calls him "Wa-Wa" because he cries so much.

22. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    Thing I noticed was I could count at least four times, including that big fourth down on the last drive where the playclock was supposed to be running, where the regular game clock was running but the playclock was locked at 25seconds. And it happened for Peyton every time.

Does this matter? In the long run no. The Chargers lost the game when they could've won it. But still this doesn't help.

23. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    Apparently WR pick plays are now legal.

24. Scott the Rock

Scott the Rock BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +130
    Listen! the thing I really do respect about "the golden boy of the NFL" is the fact that he pretty much calls his own plays! remember when there were only like three guys that could do that? Marino, Elway and Montana. That still does'nt give free rain to the zebra's to **** us!

25. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036

Truer words were never spoken.

:icon_sad::icon_sad::icon_sad:

26. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    We got another ****ing by the refs .... check. That's what happens when you call out one of their "golden boys" for making one of the admittedly worst calls ever.

Did that sink us in this game or any other? Not entirely. It certainly hasn't helped to take it in the *** from the refs, but we're also not playing with any heart. We don't impose our will on the other team. The defense played a very good game yesterday, for the most part. Cooper, Hart, & Cro can SMD, but the others came to play. If not for PR's fumble, LT's dropped pass, & Norv's lack of testicles, we would have overcome the poor officiating.

AJ can give Cro's money to Merriman. I'm done with this Deion wanna-be.

27. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    And just one more thing. BeerGuy, you can take your BS to a Pats' board, OK? You've got NOTHING to say about officiating with some of the BS calls you've gotten. As for your coach, if Goodell had any balls at all Bellichick would be watching games on TV this year, not from the Pats' sidelines. So just stuff it. :icon_evil:

28. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +683
    1 Pick for a TD (Madden and Michaels talked about it) Since when did a pick in the NFL become legal?
    1 touchy PI call (Madden and Michaels talked about it)
    1 phantom PI call (Madden and Michaels talked about it)
    1 quick whistle which by replay accounts was a fumble. (Madden and Michaels talked about it)
    1 questionable false start on Deilman. Rewound that one a few times and still could not see Deilman move. That cost us 5 on the final 4 downs.
    We were 1 yrd...err 2 on 4th Down after the ref adjusted it back 1 on our final drive.

Another nice fumble by Rivers in the red zone. That's 3 games in a row now? A TO in the red zone?

Line couldn't get 1 yrd to save their lives last night. Each time the O got stuffed.

Got an email from a friend who is a Pat's fan who said we got fuked, again. He called it the Manning v Manning push...I am sure the NFL execs are having wet dreams about that possibility.

That game just sucked.

29. Enormo

Enormo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +210
    Yes. Because a spot that was reviewed is exactly the same as a fumble that wasn't.

Someone's been mining the Bronco's boards from September for arguments.

30. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +500
    Wow fair dues Kwak I was gonna post something like this, thank God u beat me to it. I too wanted to highlight the BS calls we are receiving. Yes, yes I know we have other problems with our players/coaches but I don't recall being so beat up by the Zebras ever. Heck one of em even picked Jammer on the 4th down play at the end.

This is getting real tired.

This Manning V Manning thing makes me want to puke. What is it with these that 2 that the NFL wants to make a story out of it?. Horrible horrible officiating all year, that's all we've had and we are supposed to swallow it.

Not that I'm suggesting this is right (it is patently wrong) but just in case u were interested; when a Swedish soccer referee made some dubious calls against an English league team, he received death threats and retired immediately.