1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Game Balls (Yes even in humiliating defeat...)

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by MadMike, Oct 25, 2010.

1. MadMike

MadMike Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +504
    Antwan Barnes - 2 sacks off the edge, already outdoing Merriman, We are not missing him at all

Philip Rivers - Dude did everything he could to get this team moving. He completed at least one pass to 10 different receivers. He made the tackle at the 8 yard line on Heste'rs retard play. He escaped the pocket and used his legs when needed outrushing both Sproles and Tolbert. And somehow he held himself in check and didnt strangle Norv when he took him off the field with 4th and short. Would have sucked to lose Philip for 2-4 games for strangling his coach.

Honorary Mention - The whole defense. They came to play. Gave up only a single sustained drive to the highest scoring offense in the league. My guess is if we didnt put the rock on the ground, they score 10 points all game. The only black flag is the retarded personal foul on Garay that gave that drive life.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192
    Me: Grilled up some damn good steaks, and was thoroughly buzzed by halftime.

3. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    Burnett had another good game as did garay even with a bad dumb penalty and Phillips too.

Gotta give some love to ajirotutu as well

4. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Barnes
    Appelwhite
    Rivera

5. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    Ron Rivera. This guy continues to pull miracles out of his *ss with this defense.

6. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207
    Your defense has nothing to be ashamed of...they played one helluva game.

7. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Philip Rivers ties Dan Fouts record for consecutive games with a TD thrown (20 I think).

Antwan Inc. Both of them.

Hairytatas and Goodman (gets a pass for the bonehead play) for stepping up.

8. JohnnyX

JohnnyX 2017 Chargers Head Coach

Ratings:
    +378
    Nice for Rivers. You think he can keep it up? To break Unitas record he would have to pass a TD for 48 straight games. He would on pace to break about December 12 2012.

9. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    The entire defense and Ron Rivera. Thats it.

Nobody on offense, not even Rivers will get one for this. His INT in the 1st half was a stupid pass to a reciever who did not have position. He also took a couple unnecessary sacks and had a pretty bad fumble that helped stall a drive in the 3rd qurter, and we settled for a FG instead of what needed to be a TD drive. He also needs to lobby for going for it on 4th down more often. He can't just allow Norv to cut his balls off.

GOATS = Hester/Goodman/Vasquez

10. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    I'd like to give honorable mention to Crayton. He stepped up pretty big and he took some serious hits. Man it could be scary to have Jackson/Crayton/Floyd out there.

11. Boltdiehard

Ratings:
    +1,171
    He should have caught that last slant Philip threw to him but I agree he stepped up. Does anybody remember his comments about special teams players falling asleep in meetings when he first got here? The Chargers squashed that (his comments) real quick.

12. JohnnyX

Ratings:
    +378
    When are sacks ever necessary? Bad game overall. But Rivers kept us in it. Can't fault the man when he has Rookie Wr's and a BUST(er). I would give Gates a Game ball. Played injured and played with a lot of heart. Hope he can get healthy real serious.

13. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,556
    I'm just keeping it real. I think PR is one of the best 5 QBs in the NFL, even the hater Patriots fans were highly complimentry of him yesterday. But the sack in the 3rd quarter was on Rivers, he panicked, tucked, and ran right into the pass rush when he had a crossing reciever right in front of his face if he'd have just stood tall and flicked it.

If the guy has any holes left in his game, its when he gets gittery and throws a duck up there (like the INT yesterday) hoping that a 6'5 reciever will make a play, and when he gives up on the play too quickly.

14. Boltdiehard

Ratings:
    +1,171
    The Rams sacked Rivers seven times so I'm not surprised if he stopped, dropped and rolled a couple times. :lol:

15. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,556
    He did it in that game too, 2 or 3 of those sacks were on Rivers running right into the pass rush, or not getting rid of the ball....if we're being honest here. I think Acee wrote an article breaking down the sacks, I'll find it for you.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/oct/21/sad-sack-story/

16. JohnnyX

Ratings:
    +378
    Well what do you expect? When I guy throws 50 times? Wish the o line would block for that guy in your sig.

17. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    Totally forgot Gates but giving it his all like that when injured, that requires brass balls right there. And he deserves alot of respect for gutting it out like that when good chunks of his team didn't bother to show up

18. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    I think Rivers can do it if he does not get killed behind this pathetic line first.

19. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,556
    I dont think our O-line is as bad as most people think. I think the many of the sacks are a product of a team that loves to throw deep, and is missing key recievers due to injury.

That said, I think Norv needs to stop banging his head against the wall and adjust to adversity. More quick passes.