1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Game Day! Broncos Vs. Chargers

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Pumpkin Bolt, Nov 27, 2011.

1. Drunk

Drunk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182
    thanks for noticing. and he really is a 4 letter word. even 5 letter words but they are all scratched out unless you use a period like (cu.nt.ler) so.

2. airbolt

airbolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +25
    Hey Charlie Brown, err Charger Dave, your Buffalo wings are on fire, better take your Rivers jersey off to put it out.

3. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,223
    LOL if you only knew what I thought of the title 'Moderator'.... A hint is it does not make me famous or important.

4. CJSweeps

CJSweeps BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +5
    Anyone else hear the fans chanting: "Norv sucks." That was some of the worst play calling I have seen in a long time. Still afraid of the screen. I am a little sick of saying this, but Daren Sprolles is not the only guy who can run them. Oh, and lets not try for a little yardage to make it a 40 yard field goal...lets be content with running up the gut, and gaining minimal yardage. Fire Norv, and since we are done for the season, lets do it now. Show the fans that this is unacceptable. Bright spot...Matthews is a beast!!! Sorry for rant #2, but there will be more.

• Like Like x 2
  5. jackfrost

jackfrost Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,089
    Is this the "Conc against the rest of the World" thread ????

by the way, anyone know what time the Chargers play today ?

6. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,698
    I'm quoting you Mat but this goes for both you and Conc. Take this to PMs or just stop all together and get back on topic. Hell, open a post in the smack talk forum and have at each other. I don't care. It's miserable enough in Chargerland without the bickering who has/is the bigger dick. If you guys can't say something nice or constructive to one another or at least stay on topic, then just keep it to yourselves please. Thank you.

• Like Like x 3
  7. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,721
    We know.

8. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Dead account

Ratings:
    +1,028
    Erummm..... "Blow me"? No - you might wanna do it. Don't have time to play "waive my digital *****" with you. Have fun - will keep reading your wonderfully intelligent rants and comparing them with Matty's.

9. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    Now now, no need to get nasty with one of the better Charger Elder statesman fans, Airbag.

We are all pissed at what has been transpiring for years now, so lets not turn on each other, direct the venom at the deserving parties that sit at Charger Park and make decisions that lead to performances we've had to witness for far to long now.

Plenty here and at other sites were plenty dubious of Norf's ability to coach when he was appointed, thats been proven to be very prophetic as even the most rose-coloured Charger homer must now acknowledge.

But do I think Spanos has the aggots to get rid of him and/or AJ ?...............probably NOT.

Therefore, we still have plenty of misery to look forward to, so don't exhaust yourself just yet. :tup:

10. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089

Three cheers for Da Lady of the Manor....

[​IMG]

11. Drunk

Drunk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182
    :popcorn smiley:

12. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,073
    I like you, can we be friends? lol

I'm sure I'll get someone (or several someones) jumping on me about my absence over most of the season and then showing up and trying to tell people how it is. Whatever... I could really care less.

And you put it very well. Losing sucks. To all the others out there, I don't think anyone is denying that. I just don't see where anyone feels the need to act like they're gaining something by beating their chests and demanding credit for being "right" about Norv or AJ. There's no moral victory in that. It doesn't change things or make our situation any different than it actually is. There were/are a number of us who agreed that Norv wasn't anything special as a HC, but that it might still be possible to win in spite of him. He's shown that's not possible - he will find ways to drag down the team no matter who or what he's given.

I pointed out in another thread that there's an obvious disconnect between Norv and AJ. For all of this, Norv was AJ's handpicked "yes man," one would think that at least the two would be on the same page and it's become pretty clear they are not. Yes, AJ botched things up by making the hard play to get Norv in here and spun it as "continuity" (which it wasn't). Because of the way Norv coaches, assembles staffs, gameplans (or lack thereof), and utilizes players, AJ's preferred method of talent acquisition and type of draft prospect to pursue were doomed to fail from the start.

Both deserve to go, both need to go. And I'm really not sure, aside from the the fiscal implications, how either could save face enough at this point to merit retention in the eyes of the ticket-purchasing fans. At some point that does have to factor in for the Spanos family, as "cheap" as everyone wants to label them (and maybe they are, maybe they're not).

Call me crazy, but this kind of of hopelessness was needed for this team. You know how they say you have to hit rock bottom before you can truly recover. Right now we're basically a major injury to Rivers away from bottom, and even without that we are effectively hovering close enough to the ground to be able to reach down and touch it. This team, this franchise, these owners... and these fans have been in need of a reality check as to how to properly operate in the modern league without resting on the laurels of the past for some time. Now, God willing, we'll get to see it broken down to bare bones and made stronger as a result.

13. Sydalish

Ratings:
    +1,698
    I had you on ignore and thus missed this.

My warning for Mat and Conc goes for you too. No insulting others. No name-calling. Have an opinion but play nice. If you can't play nice in the main forum, take a trip to the Smack Talk section and have a ball.

I'm not afraid of handing out time-outs for those who don't play by the rules.

14. airbolt

airbolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +25
    Go blow yourself old man.

15. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +3,481
    Enjoy your off-time potty mouth.

16. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,763
    This is totally hilarious, it's only a damn football game.

• Like Like x 5
  17. airbolt

airbolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +25
    Sydalish. That's fine, but it seems the warnings are being given selectively. Compare my sarcastic reply to Charger Dave, and his obscene reply. Also, while I've had my battles with Conc, I think it's odd you are warning him. You don't back your own guy?. Bad form brother.

18. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,721
    And a meaningless one at that.

19. Sydalish

Ratings:
    +1,698
    #1 I don't read every post on this board. I don't always get to every one in a thread even. I respond when I see something or when someone alerts me to something. My warning while pointed at the three of you tonight - goes for everyone around here all the time. These were just the instances brought to my attention that I acted on. It's really that simple. I don't have the energy nor the desire to be so petty. If you come across something offensive or don't understand why a warning has/hasn't been given. Drop a mod (any mod you like) a PM or report the offensive post. If you PM me, I'm happy to clarify or assist if I can.

#2 Just because someone is my friend doesn't mean I won't ask them to follow the rules.

Can we get back on topic now? Losing. Sucks. What's next (hopefully besides more losing)? Oh and Tebowmania is stupid. Go!

• Like Like x 1
  20. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I love the smell of football in the morning.

Ratings:
    +1,165
    This is rock bottom:

Rock Bottom.jpg

21. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,481
    Floral print is a nice touch. ;)

22. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,073
    Yeah, but the bench is blocking the bolt tattoo on her breast.

23. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,165
    Perhaps you're missing the point, it's a man...

24. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089

[​IMG] do Cabo Airways leave from this forum too ?

25. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,089
    Brother ????

Sydalish, did you change sides completely or just become a Tranny ?

p.s.............. I'm totally good with either by the way. :tup:

26. Las Vegas Charger fan

Las Vegas Charger fan BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +35
    Thanks to all the Charger fans that came out to the game in Field section 15 west end zone. I've been a season ticket holder for two years and this was the first time I wasn't surrounded by visiting team fans. It was also my 4 year old sons first NFL game. He loved it. Win lose or draw, I love this team and hope we don't spiral back to those dark years. Thanks again for showing up folks!
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  27. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,073
    Yeah I know... I was just hoping to set someone up for the classic "That's a woman?! ZOMG!" Thanks for wrecking my dream, Pointy. Imma go cry in a corner now.

• Like Like x 1
  28. Holy_Bolt

Holy_Bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +362
    I agree with your comment about Novak vs Kaeding. What upset me is that Norv took it for granted that Novak would make a winning field goal from 45 - 53 yards! Why would he assume that? Go for the first down on third and long! Give the kickers a break! Norv can be so conservative that it hurts the the confidence of this team.

29. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,165
    But what about that poor kicker's feelings? How can he save grace? Good thing it's a short bus ride back to Chargerville headquarters. Take away his shoelaces, we don't need another accidental hanging...

30. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,481
    If we'd have thrown it, Rivers would've been sacked for a 10 yard loss.

That's why Norv went conservative and took the 5 yard loss on a running play. ;)