1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Game of the Week

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by VAN DA KNIGHTMAN, Jul 9, 2007.

1. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    I set my DVR to record all the Game of The Week's and NFL Replays from now until the start of the season. Trying to do as much homework as I can before the gambling season gets back into full swing. :tup:

2. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    BTW I watched the 49ers v. Broncos replay last night and a couple things stood out. First of all, holy crap does Norv run a lot of plays from 3 receiver sets. Like I think somewhere in the neighborhood of 60% of the plays the niners ran were from three wide sets. I'll be surprised if this is carried over to San Diego just because we have a better FB and better TE than the niners. But it also seemed like Frank Gore was able to eat up a lot of yards following pulling linemen, even when he wasn't running behind a FB. It's probably all about creating matchup problems; forcing the defense to play nickle and then using TEs and RBs to exploit smaller defenders.

The other thing I noticed was Cutler really does have a freakin' cannon. I didn't give the guy a whole lot of credit when he cracked the starting lineup. But the guy really can make all the throws and I'm not looking forward to playing against him twice a year for the next decade.

Anyways, those were my amature observations. I wish I had a Shamrock-esque ability to break down defenses more thoroghly, but alas, I'm not there yet.

• Like Like x 1
  3. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    i never forgot about coop, met him at the hyatt, then the following day i watched him stop a dude dead in his tracks on the goal line, he's a rock.

4. Kinghooker

Kinghooker BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +9
    I wasn't expecting an undefeated season, but after watching this game again I realized this one should have been won. This was
    typical Martyball in the second half. Grant it, I believe he changed
    his game plan for the rest of the season, and look what happened. He put his trust in Rivers and we had the best season in team history. Makes me kinda glad we have a change of direction with Norv. I was mad, but now I see the light. With the talent of this team, and the proper direction, we will win the Superbowl this year.
    Anaheim Ducks + New Uniforms = Stanley Cup
    San Diego Chargers + New Uniforms = Lombardi Trophy

• Like Like x 1
  5. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976
    Great post IAD.

6. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    This has been a long standing theory of mine as well. It's worked for a bunch of teams...:icon_shrug:

7. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    Merriman might have to do something about that...:glare:...a la Priest Holmes...