1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Gameballs! Bengals v. Chargers

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by BoltFanDC, Dec 20, 2009.

1. BoltFanDC

BoltFanDC Mufflers Are Overrated

Ratings:
    +329
    Offense -- VJack. Over 100 yards and 2 TD's. Congrats on antoher 1000 yard season.

Defense -- Dobbins. Made a slew of tackles (sack?) and the big forced fumble on the tying drive prevented a possible loss.

Special Teams -- NATE with the money at the gun!

Also, give one to JaMarcus Russell for beating the Donkos in the dying seconds and sealing the division!

Floor's open...

2. IFiredCHart

IFiredCHart Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +96
    Offense: VJ was gold today, golden enough to make the mistakes of Gates forgivable (let's face it, Gates almost gave away the game with that interception)

Defense: Dobbins was everywhere, caused that huge fumble, and played with the energy that we all love to see.

Special teams: Kaeding. Dur :p.

3. 14fouts

14fouts BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +11
    I dont think anyone can disagree pretty cut and dry vj on off dobbins on def and nate the great on special teams.

4. Helljumper

Helljumper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +54
    Definitely, Dobbins on defense. 10 tackles and a huge hit that forced a fumble that knocked Cincy back 20 yards. If it weren't for that, I think they had enough momentum to get a TD on us.

5. Nomadic Bolt Fan

Nomadic Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +334
    :tup:

6. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    Offense- RIVERS!
    Defense- DOBBINS!
    ST- KAEDING!

7. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    Offense - I'm going with Rivers. The passes were almost always spot-on and he was money even on the move. Jackson definitely earned one as well but I like Rivers more. Must note that the offensive line was very, very physical throughout.

Defense - Dobbins/Siler/crowd. Dobbins was all over the place and made some huge plays. Siler had that killer instinct on full-auto today, a true ball hunter and a huge tackler. The crowd was on it today truly affecting the Bengals play calling.

ST - Kaeding, duh. #10 is amazing.

8. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    Chris Henry - RIP

VJ

Kaeding (maybe) :lol:

9. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    Offense: Sproles - just for his big hit getting the 1st down on the sideline. Really lived up to his name "Tank" on that and I love the gritty play. (VJ, M80, Rivers, LT all were very deserving as well)

Defense: Boone - dude is a silent stud. He's almost always around the ball making a play, I constantly see him near the sideline hustling getting pressure or threatening to tip a pass. For a big guy that's major imo and he has come up big for us, especially being a FA pick-up to fill Jamal's shoes.

Special Teams: SciFi - Nate deserves lots of credit and he'll get it in spades so I'm gonna go with SciFi hands down the best most accurate and clutch punter in the NFL. He put another one inside the 5 just like last year in the Indy PO game... BEAUTIFUL.

Special Mention: The 12th Man, holy **** you guys were stellar today absolutely stellar! I'm sorry to have missed it but so proud to have witnessed the power of the bolt faithful! Hell. Yeah.

10. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    There were two plays in there where I saw the big man go high, freakin' aerial, and not even come close to making the play. It never really counted against us but I found that particularly funny. He's got one hell of a motor. :tup:

11. auctoritas

auctoritas BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +40
    VJ

Dobbins

Little Nate

12. JoeRockhead

JoeRockhead BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +196
    BIG game Ball to the Fans in the stands. What a great effort, it brought tears to my eyes it did! Here's to the 12th MAN!!!!! :tup: :abq2:
    Also a game ball to the player who came in at center, after the injury. Good job blocking and no missed snaps.
    VJ and RIVERS and Kaeding big game balls.

13. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    Offense - Philip Rivers
    Defense - The Fans (only ones who deserve it)
    BIG ONE - Nate Kaeding

14. Holy_Bolt

Holy_Bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +362
    VJ
    Dobbins
    Nate

15. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    2nded. Big hairy gameballs to all yall in the crowd. It looked like the place was rockin.:abq2:

16. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Offense: Jackson... as well as the two TD, don't forget about the catch to set up the field goal!!!

Defense: Jammer... his interception shifted the momentum in our favor.

Special Teams: Keading... DUH!!!

AND THEN THERE'S THE CROWD!!! :bolt:

17. paddyirishman

paddyirishman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +60
    Nate for nailing that kick

VJ who had another big game.

And Jammer for making the Interception. He made up for the drop in the endzone near the end of the first half. It was a great way to respond and showed a lot of character.

18. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887
    Gameballs, who's the doner? :icon_eek:

19. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Great job to all in attendance. You rocked the Q as hard as I can ever remember. :tup:

Edit: I'd like to give a game ball to Mooch for the great job that he's done filling in for Hardwick. Get well soon, big guy!