1. Welcome to Los Angeles Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the Los Angeles Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Gameballs! Chargers v. Browns

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by BoltFanDC, Dec 6, 2009.

1. BoltFanDC

BoltFanDC Spanos is a Synonym for Loser

Ratings:
    +402
    Offense -- Nobody -- and I mean nobody -- can cover Gates right now. He and PR share the honors this week, I can't overlook a 374 yard performance through the air with 2 TD's and no picks.

Defense -- Sorry guys, don't think anyone did enough to warrant one. If Quinn is on target with a few more throws we might have a different outcome.

Floor's open...

2. Nomad

Nomad Very Senior Member

Ratings:
    +203
    O - Gates and Rivers

D - Phillips - he was everywhere.

3. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,627

Offense- Rivers/Gates
    Defense- Rivers
    ST's- Rivers
    Coaching- Rivers
    Front office- Rivers
    Medical Staff- Rivers
    For landing the plane saftely in Cleveland - Rivers.

San Diego Rivers' 30 Cleveland Clowns 23.

• Like Like x 1
  4. IFiredCHart

IFiredCHart Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +96
    Agreed, and I will give an honorable mention to Ellison, who played a good game from my vantage point.

5. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,558
    That might have been the best game Gates has ever played, and that's saying something, since he is, for my money, the best TE in NFL history. Rivers is a witch. And Jackson deserves a gameball for downfield blocking if nothing else. His blocks on Tolbert's and Sproles' TD catches were awesome.

6. IFiredCHart

IFiredCHart Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +96
    It is interesting, I also believe VJ's blocking ability gives him an intangible that we will be unable to replace if we let him go...Al Michaels remarked during the Steelers-Bolts game that he is likely second in the league to Hines Ward when it comes to getting physical away from the ball.

We have a TE who could easily play WR, and a WR who could possibly play TE.:icon_banana:

7. megold0715

megold0715 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70
    im rolling with GATES my adoptee is ballin out hes a beast point made rivers and tolbert comin through with big playin

8. megold0715

megold0715 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70
    i agree #95 on defense too

9. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    I have to give one to my lad VJ as well, both for blocking and for absorbing defenders in the patterns, leaving Gates as open as he was. I might have to give the line the ball pump for keeping Rivers shiny side up for all but a couple of plays.

10. Cheapseats

Cheapseats The fight for LA is over....LA lost.

Ratings:
    +441
    Offense: Rivers/Gates...Honorable mention to LT for moving past Jim Brown on the all time rushing list and being classy about it.

Defense: Phillips for making several big plays

Special Teams: Spillman for planting Cribbs during a punt return in the second quarter...wow!... Honorable mention to LT for fielding the second onside kick in the 4th quarter.

On to Dallas!!!!

11. Airw0lf

Airw0lf BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +6
    Offensively I'm giving it to Gates. Rivers is close behind but I also enjoyed the TDs from Tolbert and Sproles. Was awesome seeing the little guys getting going.

Oh and I loved the trick play Rivers-Naanee-LT.

I guess I'm saying almost everything about the offense was good. Not so for the Defense!

Defensively I'm giving it to Phillips but overall I thought we kind of had a bad game on D. Even in the first half we were having a lot of trouble with the no-huddle. Not the best sign if we go up against say the Colts in the playoffs!

12. Chargers-Superhero

Chargers-Superhero Just win the Damn SB !!!

Ratings:
    +117
    Sure won't give a game ball to the Defense.:tdown: