1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Gameballs! Chargers v. Browns

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by BoltFanDC, Dec 6, 2009.

1. BoltFanDC

BoltFanDC Mufflers Are Overrated

Ratings:
    +329
    Offense -- Nobody -- and I mean nobody -- can cover Gates right now. He and PR share the honors this week, I can't overlook a 374 yard performance through the air with 2 TD's and no picks.

Defense -- Sorry guys, don't think anyone did enough to warrant one. If Quinn is on target with a few more throws we might have a different outcome.

Floor's open...

2. Nomad

Nomad Very Senior Member

Ratings:
    +155
    O - Gates and Rivers

D - Phillips - he was everywhere.

3. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,554

Offense- Rivers/Gates
    Defense- Rivers
    ST's- Rivers
    Coaching- Rivers
    Front office- Rivers
    Medical Staff- Rivers
    For landing the plane saftely in Cleveland - Rivers.

San Diego Rivers' 30 Cleveland Clowns 23.

• Like Like x 1
  4. IFiredCHart

IFiredCHart Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +96
    Agreed, and I will give an honorable mention to Ellison, who played a good game from my vantage point.

5. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    That might have been the best game Gates has ever played, and that's saying something, since he is, for my money, the best TE in NFL history. Rivers is a witch. And Jackson deserves a gameball for downfield blocking if nothing else. His blocks on Tolbert's and Sproles' TD catches were awesome.

6. IFiredCHart

IFiredCHart Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +96
    It is interesting, I also believe VJ's blocking ability gives him an intangible that we will be unable to replace if we let him go...Al Michaels remarked during the Steelers-Bolts game that he is likely second in the league to Hines Ward when it comes to getting physical away from the ball.

We have a TE who could easily play WR, and a WR who could possibly play TE.:icon_banana:

7. megold0715

megold0715 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70
    im rolling with GATES my adoptee is ballin out hes a beast point made rivers and tolbert comin through with big playin

8. megold0715

megold0715 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70
    i agree #95 on defense too

9. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    I have to give one to my lad VJ as well, both for blocking and for absorbing defenders in the patterns, leaving Gates as open as he was. I might have to give the line the ball pump for keeping Rivers shiny side up for all but a couple of plays.

10. Cheapseats

Cheapseats Loud, proud Charger fan

Ratings:
    +373
    Offense: Rivers/Gates...Honorable mention to LT for moving past Jim Brown on the all time rushing list and being classy about it.

Defense: Phillips for making several big plays

Special Teams: Spillman for planting Cribbs during a punt return in the second quarter...wow!... Honorable mention to LT for fielding the second onside kick in the 4th quarter.

On to Dallas!!!!

11. Airw0lf

Airw0lf BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +6
    Offensively I'm giving it to Gates. Rivers is close behind but I also enjoyed the TDs from Tolbert and Sproles. Was awesome seeing the little guys getting going.

Oh and I loved the trick play Rivers-Naanee-LT.

I guess I'm saying almost everything about the offense was good. Not so for the Defense!

Defensively I'm giving it to Phillips but overall I thought we kind of had a bad game on D. Even in the first half we were having a lot of trouble with the no-huddle. Not the best sign if we go up against say the Colts in the playoffs!

12. Chargers-Superhero

Chargers-Superhero Just win the Damn SB !!!

Ratings:
    +117
    Sure won't give a game ball to the Defense.:tdown: