1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Gameballs! Chargers v. Cowboys

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by BoltFanDC, Dec 13, 2009.

1. BoltFanDC

BoltFanDC Mufflers Are Overrated

Ratings:
    +329
    Big win on national TV!

Offense -- VJack. 7 for 120...Monstrous! Honorable mention to Floyd for the Big PI call leading to the first TD, should have been a second on the play before the pick.

Defense -- Siler and Dobbins for the big goal line stand! Slight edge to siler with the sack.

Time to kill the Pumpkins. Floor is open...

2. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    Norv Turner, that is all.

The dude has earned the loyalty of ANYONE who claims to be a Chargers fan.

• Like Like x 1
  3. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    Offense - VJax, came up with big plays today to keep the drive alive including that INSANE catch in the 1st. Honorable mention Floyd

Defense - Siler, dude's a phucking sav.

Special teams - Three-way tie between Kaeding, Scifres and Osgood. Kaeding had some very nice, deep kicks today, Scifres continued to be the best punter but wouldn't have pinned the Cowboys if it weren't for Osgood.

4. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Where's Special Teams?
    Osgood should be on that list. Those back to back stops inside the 3 were awesome!!!

• Like Like x 2
  5. BoltFanDC

BoltFanDC Mufflers Are Overrated

Ratings:
    +329
    Special teams were solid save the opening KO return. Point taken :tup:

And Norv outcoached Wade... :lol:

6. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    Plenty of gameballs to give out for sure, if I'm only giving one, its going to our commander in chief.

7. IFiredCHart

IFiredCHart Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +96
    Before I give gameballs, I am shouting out to Norv for excellent playcalling--he ran the ball just enough to keep the Cowgirls honest and to free up VJ and Gates when it really mattered. Casserly said that AJ will likely be extending him after this season, and I have absolutely no argument with it. :tup:

Defense--Siler was a maniac against the run, was the key part of our goal line stand, showed pass-rushing skills, and even kept Witten honest. A++++

Offense--Siler, for allowing us to win with 20 points! But in all honesty, VJ made some terrific catches that made what could have been a nailbiter into a game well in-hand.

Special Teams--Siler made...oh, fine, I give it to Osgood for making the job of downing a ball look far too easy.

8. Helljumper

Helljumper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +54
    I agree with pretty much everyone else. Siler on defense, VJ on offense, and the SciFi/Osgood combo on special teams.

9. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,555
    Offense- Rivers. Say what you want about VJack being the man, Rivers was PHENOMENAL stepping up in the pocket and picking them apart.

Defense- Siler. Amazing game.

ST- Kaeding. Clutch

10. vmax

vmax BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +5
    Rivers, Vjax & Siler.

Also love Norv's playcalling the last 4 weeks. I have been critical of Norv in the past, but you just can't argue with the success he is having lately.

11. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    1 more game ball to Phillip Rivers! :tup:

12. Airw0lf

Airw0lf BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +6
    Norv's done really well lately. He's balanced running with passing and thrown in quite a few neat gadget plays like the wild frog one that caused the Pass Interference call on Floyd. Makes it difficult for the opposition, big time.

13. rexy2006

rexy2006 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,842
    Offense-[​IMG]Vincent "Action" Jackson and his guns

Defense-[​IMG]Brandon "I pwned you" Siler

14. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    Turner receives game ball

Casey Pearce
    Posted Dec 14, 2009

Cheers erupted in the Chargers locker room Sunday when quarterback Philip Rivers gave Head Coach Norv Turner a game ball following the team’s 10th factory of the season, one that came in the city where Turner won two Super Bowls as the Cowboys offensive coordinator.

Philip Rivers[​IMG]’ final completion of the day was a short toss that covered about two yards but served as a gesture that showed just how much the Chargers appreciate their head coach.

After Norv Turner congratulated his team on their eighth-consecutive victory, Rivers got everyone’s attention and awarded a game ball to Turner in effort to show his appreciation for the way Turner has guided the club.

“He doesn’t care one bit about getting recognition, but he certainly deserves a ton of credit for where we’re at,” Rivers said. “I know it was special for him to come to Dallas. He’s always the one giving out game balls so I thought I’d give him one this time for the great job he’s done.”

Turner spent three seasons as the Cowboys’ offensive coordinator and won two Super Bowls as the team’s play caller. While Rivers recognized the sentimental value that likely made the victory a little sweeter for his coach, Turner’s said his true joy came in beating a good football team on the road, regardless of his history with that team.

“It’s an emotional deal because of what’s at stake,” Turner said. “I’m extremely proud of our football team.”

15. Osmekaman

Osmekaman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +31
    Offense - McNeil - guarded the blindside so well allowing Phillip to confidently step up into the pocket.

Defense - goalline stand was spectacular, setting the tone for the game. i thought the D-line was exceptional here, allowing the LB's to make the plays.

ST - Osgood

Coaching - Mr Turner who looks more confident with every game - terrific play calling.

16. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    In addition to the obvious ones listed here, let's give a game ball to Wade Phillips - he knows what the December curse is & how to fall in line. :tup:

17. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    Offense = Rivers and VJ.

Defense = Brandon "I'm a Goal Line Stand your ***" Siler

Special Teams = Nate "the Great" Kaeding

18. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +502
    I am amazed Wade is still in the job, methinks he is a goner v soon. Ironic that the pants were coached off him by the guy whose job he got.

Way to go Norv. Loved that pass out of the frog to M80 that caused the PI. Looking forward to so much more creativity now. More passes from Legs and LT too.

Offense - Rivers
    Defense - Run stuffers Siler and MC, hey and check out our safeties, 2 undrafted FAs and a 6th rounder WOW.
    Special Teams - Osgood

19. IFiredCHart

Ratings:
    +96
    Don't forget Oliver, who is essentially a 4th--he had a very quiet "do everything" type of day that Weddle is accustomed to having, leading the team in tackles and providing good coverage in the middle of the field. :tup:

20. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    :tup:

21. 14fouts

14fouts BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +11
    Offense- Priv-always calm and cool avoided pressure on last two drives in 4th and made some huge throws- also VJ clutch as always.Oline played well too overall

Def- Overall everyone played pretty well- But where was merriman? non existent as usual this year

Special teams- Osgood- best special teams coverage guy in nfl and scifres one of best punters in nfl made some great punts (how bout his best one prolly that went in end zone in 2nd half cuz noone hustled down there to down it-See how pissed he was? LOL i dont blame him) GO BOLTS!

22. IFiredCHart

Ratings:
    +96

Merriman was absolutely key to getting Siler his first sack of the year, and has made a difference in his limited playing time...although English was superb last game at defending screens and coverage.

23. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Everyone on the team has two game balls!

Two big, brass game balls!

Keep rollin Chargers!

24. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,929
    I'd give the ball to the whole team, since it was such a team victory.

If that doesn't work then instead

Offense: Philip Rivers
    Defense: Brandon Siler
    ST: Kassim Osgood
    And a special one for Norv Turner

25. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +502
    Tx for reminding me. English's best play as a Pro happened last nite. Boys were running left with Barber. English was (being blocked by Adams I think) running right. He was able to hold himself at the point and pull Barber down with his right arm. Unreal play. A play v few of our LBs make once engaged with the blocker. Barber was stopped for no gain.

26. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +502
    Anyone see Casey Pearce's tweet. Apparently Brooking has come out since the game and let it be known that from v early on Rivers was identifying the Dallas blitz scheme and reacting accordingly.

Nice one Philip. Looks like Wade hasn't changed much then and is even using the same terminology etc. WOW.

27. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    Gates has balls

Tight end Antonio Gates joked that he didn’t notice the Cowboys paying him any special attention.

“Did they?” Gates said with a smile. “I couldn’t tell. They weren’t doing nothing but double-teaming me and holding me.”

Gates managed to catch four passes for 44 yards, including the 14-yard touchdown reception that gave the Chargers a 17-10 lead. He also surpassed 1,000 receiving yards for the season with a 7-yard reception in the first quarter. It’s his second time past 1,000.