1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Gameballs! Chargers v. Donkeys

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by BoltFanDC, Nov 22, 2009.

1. BoltFanDC

BoltFanDC Mufflers Are Overrated

Ratings:
    +329
    Oh, where to begin?!

Offense -- The O-Line. No sacks, no pressures and 200 yards plus on the ground! Well done up front!

Defense -- Gregory, who else? Two recovered fumbles, 3 passes defensed (by my unofficial count) and very solid all around play!

Also, I'm giving a gameball to Norv. This team was prepared, focused and businesslike in their approach. Couldn't have asked for a much better performance in a game like this. Well done! :tup:

Floor is open...

2. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112
    Moreno? :icon_shrug:

J/K ... :lol:

3. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Mine goes to Tolbert on the offense & Gregory on D.

4. cool arrow

cool arrow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +21
    Weddle. I have no idea how he was able to make that open field tackle late in the game saving a potential TD.

5. MadMike

MadMike Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +504
    Offense - The O-Line for sure, enforced dominance all day!

Defense - Steve Gregory ruled the day!

Special Teams - Nate the Great, just another day in the life of one of the most accurate kickers in football history!

Honorable Mentions:
    Corners for shutting down Royal and Marshall all day long.
    LT! Proud poppy to be is running with a reason again!
    The defensive tackle rotation that seems to be getting better and better.

6. megold0715

megold0715 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70
    gotta go with a pretty awesome team effort but if i had to pick one dude definately gregory my boy from staten island new yawk came thru and rivers was like 14/15 at 1 point

7. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Gotta go with Shaun Phillips. Fans love to give him **** but they never seem to say much when he makes a big play. That strip sack of Simms in the first half was huge.

8. Holy_Bolt

Holy_Bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +362
    The O line with honorable mention to the complete running game!

I like the way Rivers let the team win...he did not try to do to much...just coooool! Delivered when he needed to, then let the team do it the rest of the time!:tup:

9. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    Offense: LT/Tolbert/Hester (just ground the Donkeys into dust with a power running game)
    Defense: Kevin Burnett (What injury? Doesn't matter. Just run through over and around the Broncos)

10. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976
    Offensive Line (Clary, be alright and get better soon, we need you haus!)
    Weddle (Teach all the others how to tackle)
    Coaching. (SCOREBOARD!)

11. Scott the Rock

Scott the Rock BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +130
    I agree. That effort pretty much set the tone for the game.

12. Helljumper

Helljumper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +54
    I'm giving it up for everyone who contributed to our 203 rushing yards. The O-line was great as were LT, Tolbert, and at times, Hester and Sproles.

But so many defensive players stepped up.

Gregory was beasting. The 2 fumble recoveries were huge but he also came close to a bunch of interceptions. Even though he didn't get a pick, his plays on the ball prevented a couple of first downs.

Weddle saved 2 or 3 touchdowns with his tackles. He also put a lot of pressure on the QB in certain blitz packages. I thought he got half a sack but they credited it all to Burnett.

Which brings up my next point. Burnett for some nice hits and 2 sacks.

Phillips for the sack/forced fumble that saved a disastrous opening drive.

Cromartie for picking off a pass that could've been the catalyst to a momentum shifting drive for Denver late in the second quarter. He also got a couple of nice hits when the QB would throw short to prevent a lot of yards after catch.

13. Ray Dahayder

Ray Dahayder BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +33
    A complete "team" win. But Gregory is showing some real positive stuff and Shawn Phillips created a turnover once again in Denver. LT and the Oline looked good. PR is among the best at leadership and Nate made his kicks when he had to. Just a very good team effort. I was a bit miffed at Norv for leaving his balls back at the hotel when he choose to kick the first FG instead of trying for the one yard. Also, taking a knee at the end of the first half when a couple completions could have given us a chance at another FG attempt. I don't think you EVER give up on a chance to score points.

Still.... a good effort. They didn't do well on 3rd down conversions, however. I'd also like to see the D stop drives before they move inside the ten yard line.

14. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,407
    Nate Kaeding: 14 points.

Would be 15 if not for the line breaking down on that last second meaningless TD.

• Like Like x 1
  15. paddyirishman

paddyirishman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +60
    Gregory for me deserves the game ball. Also that open field tackle by Weddle that saved the TD was huge.

16. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +500
    I'm a liking all this LOVE for my boy Stevo.

He sure had a great game but I liked the way our O line took control of the game. For me it is the first time we have seen what we all knew they were capable of. We're gonna miss Clary no doubt though.

Having said all that I gotta say we need to see so much more of Tolbert. For me he offers WAY more than Hester. Hester takes the tackle and is hesitant, Tolbert does not and even makes guys miss. Let's see more of Yogi and less of Hester on O.

Props to Cro too for that beautiful INT and Weddle. Our D seems to be coming together at long last.

Great team win. :tup: