1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Gameballs! Chiefs v. Chargers

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by BoltFanDC, Dec 12, 2010.

1. BoltFanDC

BoltFanDC Mufflers Are Overrated

Ratings:
    +329
    Where was this last week?!

Offense: Floyd (2 TD) and all 3 running backs (200+ yards on the ground)
    Defense: Cason (with a big punt return to boot), English, Garay and an all around dominant effort

Shutout with a season on the line. Nice! :D

2. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Offense: all 3 RB's
    Defense: The entire defense

3. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
  4. Holy_Bolt

Holy_Bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +362
    On Offense: Floyd...Running game...give it up to the O line!
    On Defense: Run defense with special mention to Garay.
    On ST: Cason and to Kaeding for kicking one into the endzone for a touch-back...where did that come from?

Honorable mention to VJ for making more than two snaps and really making a difference in the 1st half. Maybe he really wants to play? we can hope.

5. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Offense, all 3 RBs and VJack for showing that he wants to contribute. He would have had another reception, if not for that horrible "chop block" call that was a legal block.

Defense: Cason and Jammer. They were all over the receivers today. The defense allowed 1.6 yards per play. I'm not sure I've ever heard of an average that low.

6. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    Offense: Floyd, RB tandem
    Defense: It starts in the trenches, and Garay was one of our leading tacklers today
    ST: Everyone. We went head hunting today against two very very very good returners
    Coaches: Ron Rivera. First shutout since what? 92?

**Yup. 11/1/92 against the Colts.

7. NORV4LIFE

NORV4LIFE NO MORE NORV!!!!!

Ratings:
    +58
    I give a failball to the chiefs!!!

[​IMG]

8. Cheapseats

Cheapseats Loud, proud Charger fan

Ratings:
    +373
    Gameballs -
    The entire defense for maintaining the shutout and completely shutting down the KC running attack
    VJ and Mathews for making positive plays today....and not leaving on a stretcher

Overall a solid effort in all phases...it's a shame their backs have to be up against the wall to get a performance like this out of them. That was fun to watch....three more like that and we have a shot at the post-season!

9. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    Offense - Rivers.
    Defense - Garay.

Yes I know not very original, but he converted some 3rd downs today that very few QBs in the league could complete.

10. Joy Division

Joy Division Slightly-known Member

Ratings:
    +542
    Actually it was on 9/11/06 at Oakland 27-0. That '92 game was the last "home" shutout...

11. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    Shoot, I forgot to say "home shutout" nuts. I remember the Oakland shutout very well. 9 sacks on the day, Merriman had 3 himself.

12. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887
    I can't say it was how great the Charger's played or just how bad the Chef's played. I never figured to Chef's to be all that great so this was just a game the Bolt's should have won, just like the first one. You make the call.

13. paddyirishman

paddyirishman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +60
    Tolbert and Floyd, Garay and Cason.
    All round everyone showed up.

14. Old School SD Fan

Old School SD Fan Unhappy Camper

Ratings:
    +13
    Things I couldn't helped note:

- As usual team played with pride & heart at the last possible moment. Well, truthfully last week vs. Oakland was that moment but they missed the memo.

- Norv rediscovered the screen and short pass - and Sproles as an offensive weapon instead of a sub-standard kick returner. Finally, Sherlock!

- VJ is a significant difference maker, on run plays he opens up his side wide with lockdown block after block, as a receiver, he has defenders crapping their pants. With Gates out, him being out there was big in how the D had to play us.

- Tackles get kudos, don't recall the last time I saw so many runs succcessfully bounced outside (yup, gotta go to LT's prime) with the T's sealing off the outside beautifully.

- D played well, showed pride in stopping the run and we got lucky with Cassel out. Garay impresses me 8 outa 10 weeks, Cam Thomas who???

- Oakland lost, didn't expect it. Now we win out and KC stumbles again, and the window reopens.

15. 65TossPowerTrap

65TossPowerTrap BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +37
    Croyle is terrible. That being said, this loss is a TEAM loss for the Chiefs as it is a team WIN for the Bolts. It is true that after the first pass, it was CLEAR that the Chargers could load up 8-9-10 men in the box whenever they wished. Croyle threw ONE pass on target all day. With that being said, KNOWING what they had (or didn't have) with Croyle, the Chiefs coaching staff needed to come out with something more inventive - spread offense, Tyler Thigpen pistol offense, Hell, put freaking McCluster in at wildcat and run the freaking triple option. We'd likely have still lost, but ANYthing would have been better than letting Brody freaking Croyle drop back against the #1 statistical defense that was on its game. BAD performance by my Chiefs. Stellar performance by the Chargers. Also, our defense totally regressed. Terrible performance from the top down. The only optimism I have about it is, the Chargers got their BUTTS whipped by the Raiders last week and refocused, putting forth one of their best performances against us. It's time for us to do the same against the Rams.

From an opposing fans perspective, if I couldn't give a game ball to the entire Charger organization for handing us our most thorough beat down in recent memory, I'd have to give it to one guy who I think is a difference maker on Defense.

Garay...is a beast. From the first run we had up the middle that was stuffed, it seemed like he was yelling, Rob Riggle in the Hangover-style, "NOT UP IN HERE!"

Congrats Chargers.

You really know how to make a season interesting, f*ckers lol.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    How many catchable passes did Bowe drop - ONE ? :lol:

Oh our QB sucks is the excuse with a guy who only has to hand the ball off.

Your RB Charles is an idiot for coming out and saying he knew the CHargers defense was not that good AFTER yesterdays game. Your fans are telling Charles to STFU. That is an indictment against your coaches if they could not beat a defense that was not good after a franchise beatdown.

Kiss the forums feet and beg forgiveness.

And be as descript as possible about YOUR PAIN. Tell us about your day after pain. Details.

17. 65TossPowerTrap

65TossPowerTrap BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +37
    This is true. He is going to be a great pickup for someone next year.

18. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    Offense: Mathews, Floyd
    Defense: English, Cason