1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Gameballs - Raiders v. Chargers

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by BoltFanDC, Dec 5, 2010.

1. BoltFanDC

BoltFanDC Mufflers Are Overrated

Ratings:
    +329
    Gates, and Rivers for standing in and getting killed. Nobody else showed up.

2. JohnnyX

JohnnyX 2017 Chargers Head Coach

Ratings:
    +378
    Yep I agree. A gameball to Norv for amazingly finding a way to destroy the San Diego Chargers. Congrats!

3. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    Nobody gets a gameball. Rivers was off today even when he had time.

4. ynnoj

ynnoj BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2
    This. As much as I love Rivers, he had a bad game.

5. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Gameball to me for not wasting my money on season tickets these last two years when the biatch was going to leave me.

6. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,394
    Pretty much. Jeromey Clary gets a final nail in the coffin though. There's no way the apologists can defend his play today, he was getting abused by multiple pass-rushers and giving up on plays halfway through.

But yes... the coaching staff loves his "potential" more than Dombo's. If you're still making the "potential" argument for a player 5 years into his career it's a pretty good indication he's a pretty crappy player.

7. JohnnyX

Ratings:
    +378
    No doubt about that but at least he was dying for the game. The defense was disgusting.

8. L.T Bolt

L.T Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +45
    Im still in shock at wtf i just saw... Raiders should give a gameball to our defense because they the reason Oakland won

9. ynnoj

ynnoj BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2
    He's always dying for the game though. That's never in doubt. There's nobody more passionate than #17 in the whole league.

10. Holy_Bolt

Holy_Bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +362
    I give one to Gates and that is it.

Applewhite was embarrassed on multiple plays...really bad day.

Rivers did not look sharp even when he did have time in the pocket.

Both lines got owned...huge setback for the "O" and "D" line. We did not look anything close to playoff caliper.

11. 65TossPowerTrap

65TossPowerTrap BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +37
    "Fans" like you are why your team will be moving. Can't say I blame them.

12. 65TossPowerTrap

65TossPowerTrap BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +37
    Gates is a flat out beast. Playing as banged up as he is, he is still one of the biggest weapons in the league.

13. JohnnyX

Ratings:
    +378
    Gates and Rivers have heart. Wish Norv had half the heart they did. Todd Haley is looking better better each week.

14. Joy Division

Joy Division Slightly-known Member

Ratings:
    +542
    Antoine Cason had a decent game on defense. He was called on that crucial holding call in the 4th
    that wasn't even close. We all saw the replay...a jam within 5 yards and he let the receiver go...

On offense Gates was it.
    An injured Gates with 2 bad feet and he shows up.

15. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,555
    Gameballs!!!

Offense - Norv for running a fat slow RB into a fat slow defense....awesome gameplan to leave Mathews on the sideline.
    Defense - THE ENTIRE SQUAD for getting bent over a barrel by another power back.
    STs - The great Darren "Madoff" Sproles. He fumbles another punt, and makes off with 8 million dollars this year.

16. JohnnyX

Ratings:
    +378
    That same Rb was doing well against the Colts. Take it for what it was the Raiders just shutdown our run game. RM wouldn't make a difference considering he's injured.

17. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,555
    The Colts are a SMALL, FAST, UNDERSIZED defense....every single year. Tolbert was ideal for that team because he can break their tackles and push the pile.

You can't do that against 300lb beasts like Henderson, Kelley, and Seymour and their big 240-260lb linebackers. It was a matchup mismatch in favor of Oakland.

18. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    Game Ball for Norv thinking he could really game plan, and adjust, and coach, and do anything but stand there with his WTF look on his face

thanks Norv,

solid

19. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,394
    Along with the fact that Al finally got something right up there and fixed a long-time Raider issue which was their interior rush-defense. Granted, he overpaid like a mofo (a future 1st for Seymour, a high 2nd on Houston, a monstrous contract to Kelly, and a Top 7 pick on a MLB that - and this is my honest opinion of the man - is nowhere near the caliber of Patrick Willis, who is one of the very few cases for using a Top 10 pick on the MIKE LB position), but he got the job done.

With all the speed they have, if they could (and seem to have done so) plug the run on the interior they're in a great position to corral opposing backs unless they are the ultra-elusive (Charles, MoJo, CJ,... Sproles... when he actually tried) and can make those speedy LB's and safeties miss.

I'm actually more dismayed that our DL got handled by such a mediocre OL. Granted, the refs were sitting on their flags (for both sides) in terms of holds in the first half, and the Raiders were playing "Raider Football" (i.e. we're going to try and injure you/if you're not playing dirty, you're not trying), but the only OL for us that had an even decent game was Hardwick (and he was getting assistance on nearly every play because he was drawing Seymour). Clary is god awful. Green is just raw, and struggles to get leverage against NT's. McNeill was getting away with A LOT today. And this team sorely, sorely missed Sproles' ability as a backfield pass-blocker; I don't think that the McClain hit on Sproles was an out-and-out designed intent to injure from the Raiders perspective, but if it had been it would have made sense.

Folks want to talk coaching changes... this team needs a new OL coach something fierce (a new DL coach too, but we never should have let Mike Wauffle interview for/accept a lateral hire in the first place).

20. Enormo

Enormo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +210
    Gameball??? Gameball???

21. JohnnyX

Ratings:
    +378
    No, what we need to do is get a #1 NT. We have journey men on our team...........and Glastillio

22. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    A fool and his money will soon be parted. I was attending games before we landed on the moon.

Do your homework

23. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,930
    No one deserves one except maybe the fans for not only trying to root for their team but for dealing with all the ******* Donovan State Prison/San Quention/LA County Jail thugs that invaded San Diego

24. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,394
    Garay beasts all season, gets red-dogged and injured (and still comes back to play), and you're ready to throw him out like yesterday's garbage.

The DL needs help, I'm not disagreeing there, but Garay is not the problem. It also takes 1.5 seasons to properly and effectively develop a legitimate 3-4 NT from any NT prospect (including the current "elites" and former "elite prospects") - not to mention next year's draft crop for NT's is mediocre at best. What we need to do is stop plugging journeymen in at the DE spots - I'm officially including both spots here because Castillo misses enough time every season that we need to have a minimum of two other dependable DE's on this roster no matter what. Fortunately, due to AJ's relentless insistence to give "his guys" every opportunity to succeed before he cuts bait and ties with them (see the 4 years he gave Buster Davis a roster spot), I'd wager he's likely not going to give up on English so quickly and quite to the opposite will probably go out of his way to give English every reason to succeed (which would be most effectively done by bolstering the DL with guys that would legitimately demand doubles and thus free up more single-blocks or only backfield/TE blockers for English... or all the OLB's).

25. 1 COOL GUY 13x world Chmp

1 COOL GUY 13x world Chmp Jesus gives wisdom if you pray for it! Banned

Ratings:
    +4
    Gameballs to the players for not having a mutiny on the Chargers staff after loses like this. Not every pro athlete like i would take it like they do. I would have refused to suit up until they make changes to our schemes/tactics. Trade me or let me win titles period, would be my action to these types loses. Or at the min allow me to call my own plays.

Anyone notice how the Giants ran for over 200 yards vs the Redskins D today on the same 3-4 D. Interesting how the Raiders ran for over 200 yards vs us today as well... Hmmm didn't #92 Hanysworth refuse to play today knowing that this D sucked? Should ppl listen to the highest paid D player in the NFL or is he like me just talking crazy?

26. JohnnyX

Ratings:
    +378
    No Rb can take on 300lb linemen without a decent oline. We don't have a decent oline. Therefor put Cj and Ap back there you get no run game.

27. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Note to Madden Dork... you are not a pro athlete.

28. 1 COOL GUY 13x world Chmp

1 COOL GUY 13x world Chmp Jesus gives wisdom if you pray for it! Banned

Ratings:
    +4
    Um yes i was in a real sport :) Pro baby oh and wonder if u can guess what rank i was? Also coach a dif sport. Wow u mean I'm also #1 in 2 strategy video game right now also? Is this possible? At least in my sport your coach couldn't hold u back :). In the NFL looks like coaches ruin good teams. Sports will always be about the athletes. Great coaches allow and enable them to become #1 suxs coaches hold them back and tell them how to play lol. No way would i let a supposed coach tell me how to play when I'm #1 at my position or event LOL. Aren't coaches supposed to organize and make sure u have 11 players on the field in football as their main job?

Interesting how PR gets how many millions yet Norv gets pennies compared tells him how to play and doesn't let him call the plays hmmmm.

Oh yea u think i play madden lol. Never played chezzy xbox type games JFYI.

We 6-6 what could it hurt to allow PR to call all plays next game and even run his type offense? Wait that makes too much sense? U mean let him call the plays he is best at?

29. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,555
    Mathews is a great match because he can run AROUND the line. He can create mis-matches, reach the edge, and make the heavy defense chase him down.

Tolbert is far less capable of bouncing it outside because he is sssslllllooooowwww. His weight and strength mean nothing against a defense that can match it.

30. robdog

robdog Code Monkey Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +268
    Quoted for truth. I had to sit behind a Raider fan with a $100 Dollar bill and the word "PIMPIN" in big letter tattooed on the back of his head. Wow................