1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

GamedayThread, Pads vs Cubs, 5/5/6

Discussion in 'All Other Sports' started by BFISA, May 5, 2006.

1. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    An iced tea back atcha, Sweet Thang!!!:icon_toast:

2. rexy2006

rexy2006 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,842
    ME TOO! When they named the starters, it was like Jake and a bunch of guys. But, like you say, they all have given it their all.

Seeing Clay Hensley get whomped in the back of the head with a split bat yesterday, THEN return to the game AND pitch well, showed what heart the team has.

There are Bochy supporters and non-supporters, but, like you, I am in the supporter camp. He mixes the utility guys in there and keeps them fresh, too.:yes:

3. rexy2006

Ratings:
    +1,842
    TOO FUNNY! Now I'm getting CUBS' ads at the top of the page because of the use of the word "Cubs". :lol:

4. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    When I hear from around the league that Boch is onea the most repected managers in the game, and then read somma the threads at UT about firing him, I jes shake my head!!:icon_eek: :icon_confused: :no:

5. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    :lol: :icon_mrgreen: :tup:

6. rexy2006

Ratings:
    +1,842
    Some of them probably wanted his head on a platter when the Pads were losing...He said the batting would come around, and it has.

I've read that too, the players and other managers respect him. Some people need a scapegoat and I guess that's Boch.

7. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    If it ain't Boch, its poor Dave Magadan!! I've seen all the "fire Magadan" threads that pop up, or are bumped when the hitters slump!!!

Buncha freakin morons. Hitters don't stop hittin cuz the hittin coach sucks, but because the very best hitters only hit 7 outta 10 at bats. If the whole team is in the middle of their 7 ABs where they don't hit, it ain't the coaches fault.

Hold the hitters accountable!!:angry: :confused: :icon_shrug:

8. rexy2006

Ratings:
    +1,842
    I concur 150% BF. Hold the hitters accountable.

• Like Like x 2
  9. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,976
    I would love to have my best hitter hit 7 out of 10 times, that would be a .700 clip :yes:

10. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    OOooooooooops!!:eek: :icon_confused: ;) :trout: :confused: :p :eek: :icon_wtf:

11. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +1,976
    Now if you would of said

"Even the best hitters fail 7 out of 10 times" that would of put it more into perspective.

12. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +1,976
    Okay here is the $64.00 question…..

This is not a trick play, and everyone is positioned normally. There is no hidden ball, and there is not some gimmick going on. There are no Photographers or fans are anything like that on the Field. The Field is outside in a park so there is no roof, and there are no Buildings to contend with.

Now then, with everyone on Defense placed normally. The bases are loaded, and there are no outs. The Pitcher is on the mound, who in turn will throw to the catcher who is behind home plate and in the catchers box. The batter is standing in the batters box.

Now then with the way the Official Rules of Baseball (OBR) is written.

The Pitcher who delivers a normal Pitch to the batter, and the pitcher is the last person on the defensive team to touch the ball, after he delivers the ball, and the batter hits the ball.

Can the Team on defense get a triple play without ever touching the ball again?

13. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    You got me there, Bro!!

But I'd liketa hear about it!!:)