1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Garcia rips Raiders, Russell

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Johnny Lightning, Oct 3, 2009.

1. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    Garcia rips Raiders, Russell

October 2, 2009 8:25 PM

Posted by ESPN.com’s Bill Williamson

Well, it seems like we can scratch the idea that Oakland could re-sign Jeff Garcia if it decides JaMarcus Russell can’t hack it as the starting quarterback.

Garcia just criticized the organization and Russell in a radio interview.

Garcia said this of Russell: “I just feel like it’s an unfortunate situation when the entire work ethic and the entire goal of the team is really put upon one guy’s shoulder who really isn’t maybe ready for that situation or ready to take on that sort of responsibility. And I’m not saying JaMarcus can never be that guy. It’s just right now he’s still young, he has a lot of growth that needs to take place within himself from a mental standpoint and a physical standpoint.”

This is what Garcia said of the organization he asked to be released from in early September: "It was to a point where I felt like guys who walked through those doors that just were there to collect a check and not really interested in putting everything that they had within themselves on to the football field. And that was the frustrating thing for me to see. There were a lot of good young guys in that locker room who really want to do whatever it takes to win, but unfortunately it’s not everybody … I just felt like it was something I really didn’t want to put myself through anymore.”

Garcia is now on the market after being cut by Philadelphia. With Russell struggling mightily (he has a pass rating of 39.8, which is the worst in the NFL), it would not be out of the question that Oakland would talk to Garcia to be the starter at some point.

But this development seems to put an end to that notion. It would be very difficult for Garcia and the Raiders to reunite after these harsh words. So, get ready Bruce Gradkowski, you really may be the best option for Oakland if Russell continues to fail.

:lol:

2. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,929
    Guess he won't be allowed near the raider building along with rich gannon either :lol:

• Like Like x 1
  3. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    As long as the "Cryptkeeper" is in Charge, we're already 2-0 every year.....

• Like Like x 2
  4. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    In other words... they brought him there and told him he'd have a chance to compete. But then they never gave him a chance to compete. And when he saw that he was not going to be given the chance to compete with a lazy, fat a.ss POS like Jamarcus... he said: "GET ME THE F.UCK OUTTA HERE"

Brilliant work, Al.

• Like Like x 2
  5. cranberry

cranberry BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +195
    It's good for Garcia not to play for *** Raiders.
    A team which pushed 7 of our players to injuries, got to
    stay in the cellar.:tdown:

6. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +686
    He is just stating what everyone already knows. The Raiders are a mess.

Garcia would have made them much better then JaMaba the hut.

• Like Like x 2
  7. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Kinda like "Bruschi the Hut"! :lol:

[​IMG]

8. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Dead account

Ratings:
    +1,028
    If Slick Willie Williamson considers that "ripping" the faiders - I think he should do an interview with h8er - now THAT would be a RIP!!! :tup:

9. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,072
    thanks for the vote of confidence, I'll do us proud!

After all they created a shirt just for me!!!!!!

FVCK ALL THE HATERS!

I must of made someone really really mad!

10. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    Does anyone really care?

11. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,072

I do......

I will love every single nano second that they remain where they are! And I am not afraid to tell them, hell I have Raider fans at work that will not come within 30 yards of me.

12. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    You're a bad man H8er. :lol: :icon_toast: