1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Gas down to $1.30? Might as well try...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by VAN DA KNIGHTMAN, Mar 31, 2008.

1. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    Want a way to drop the price?
    INCREASE THE SUPPLY!!!

What does that mean?
    START DRILLING IN THE US ANYPLACE THERE"S OIL TO BE FOUND!

2. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

Very true and there's a **it load of oil in Alaska. Though I prefer they keep it "the last untouched land." There for, I'd rather they don't.

I don't know how credible this is but about four years ago, I read somewhere that there is a lot of oil in Mexico and that the only reason they haven't started drilling is because they're hoping the Middle East will tap out and the world will become dependent on them.

3. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    Drill in ANWAR (its one damn corner of it, just cut it off)
    Drill off the Gulf of Mexico (****, the cubans and chinese are doing it, why can't we?)
    Drill off the coasts of BOTH CAlifornia and Florida
    Drill in Montana
    AND THEN streamline the process of building refineries and pump those things out like crazy

We are 20-30 years from any real alternative fuels being put out there so you know what, we need oil and we need alot of it. Its foolish to assume there's something just on the horizon when there's no proof of that. We can't run an economy on pipe dreams

4. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    I hear you and I agree that Alaska isn't the only land we have that has oil.

Though what I find frustrating is why it's taking so long to come up with an alternative to oil. Why we can't find something that can even run older cars in a more timely manner.
    I mean we can send a man to the Moon and have him return home safely so we sure as Hell can come up with an alternative to oil.

Though in the mean time, I agree with drilling in more places in America. There are plenty of places with next to no civilian or wild life that probably has oil.

5. -Scar-

-Scar- thedoomship.com

Ratings:
    +205
    Done:cool:

6. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

Thanks for the info. That certainly is something worth looking into but I do have to say that "it would be quite a long time before I feel comfortable on a flight powered by water!!!" :lol:

Though if it's eventually proven that it would be just as safe a flight powered by oil... SweeeeeT!!!