1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Gates likely out vs. Texans...

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Joy Division, Nov 3, 2010.

1. Joy Division

Joy Division Slightly-known Member

Ratings:
    +542
    Okay..this is not a good thing.

I know that Rivers is badass...but who is going to
    catch his passes this weekend?
    Crayton? So what's the status on Legs?
    It surely cannot be Crayton, Goodman and Wilson?
    Oh yeah right...I forgot about the vaunted Banks.

We are in trouble for realsies.

Linkage: Another Gates injury revealed - SignOnSanDiego.com

2. szarmes

szarmes I am the Walrus

Ratings:
    +37
    Dude, you forgot about Tutu #89!! He is a mirror image of Floyd.. I'm sure he will seize this opportunity to make a name for himself. After all is said and done with VJ, he could very well end up being our #2 guy behind Floyd or 1 day (hopefully) become #1. I've been saying it since before the draft, this guy is special

3. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
  4. JohnnyX

JohnnyX 2017 Chargers Head Coach

Ratings:
    +377
    Another injury? Wow we really can't get a break here huh? Well the season just got harder. Rivers is going to have to single handily carry the team to victory. Just like in years past only this time without gates. Bummer. So whats the line up?

5. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,581
    85 will do EVERYTHING he can to play. He'll take another injection (like he did this past Sunday) and see. Then he'll have the bye week to rest. Gates = warrior.

6. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,551

:banghead: Well ****. This season gets better by the F'n day.

I'm even more surprised we didn't put a claim in on Moss now. I don't know how long plantar fasciitis lasts, or if this is an IR type situation, but I know people who have had a handfull of surgeries to fix it, and still feel pain from it.

7. RipTheJacker

RipTheJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152
    :icon_rofl:
    Come on man, its one thing to be a fan, but thats pure homerism at its finest. Tutu a #1?? Theres a reason the guy was undrafted. The guy is a decent player and might develop, but to expect him to be a #1 is a bit much. At this point, i would just be happy if he was part of the rotation come this time next year. I mean with Floyd/legedu likely to get extensions, crayton still being here, and likely a high draft pick rookie (unless VJ signs long term which i doubt), i just dont see tutu doing much when all those guys are here.

now yes, i do think he could be better than Legedu, who ive never been a big fan of, but until he proves it, im not expecting anything

8. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,412
    Gates went undrafted as well.

Not that I completely disagree with you. But I figured I'd get that out of the way because I'm sure somebody's going to say it considering this conversation is taking place in a Gates thread.

9. RipTheJacker

RipTheJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152
    Little different

10. szarmes

szarmes I am the Walrus

Ratings:
    +37
    Miles Austin went undrafted... I'm not saying Tutu will be the next Austin (hopefully he will) , but he has a chance to do good

11. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    How so?

12. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,072
    because we know how the Gates story turns out

13. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Ayup...

14. Old School SD Fan

Old School SD Fan Unhappy Camper

Ratings:
    +13

This is why Norv's "not ready for prime time" early season debacles won't float long term, now we're facing injuries any team would struggle with, and we're supposed to dig outa the hole?

Good luck.

15. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    I cant believe how many of you guys go bling bling up and want someone like Moss on this team.

The guy takes plays off, is a disruptive force in the locker room if he is not getting his way... And this is what some of you are using to trash talk the organization, AJ or Norv?

Wow... I am surprised you guys are not pining for the Chargers to bring back Marcelous Whiley...

16. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Hi Peter... I need to talk to you about the TPS reports... It's just we're putting new coversheets on all the TPS reports before they go out now. So if you could go ahead and try to remember to do that from now on, that'd be great. All right!

17. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    Cmon now. You or anyoone else who didnt already KNOW that there were gonna be games ahead wout gates, are still wearing your reality fogging glasses.

Still not the end of the world. And it will keep spinning. Gates has already done a great job in just being on the field to force Defenses to respect his presence *at least for the first 3 quarters* then they try to soften on him cuz they are gettin burnt by other players/plays. And gates ends up with another huge game to complement PRs continued sucsess. It will make it harder to win wout gates entirely, but it wont be the end of our gameplan to score.

18. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    Stick to the run like we did against the Titans and we have a chance.

19. Holy_Bolt

Holy_Bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +362
    We could have used Randy Moss. We could put him on special teams as well as our starting receiver position. All we have to do is convince him to "take plays off" while on special teams...like the rest of the squad, and focus on wide reciever the rest of the time...it could work! Just saying.

20. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    I ceased to read this after this point

21. scratchnz

scratchnz BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +91
    We got Kelly Washington instead according to ESPN!

22. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,733
    Nooo, not Kelly Washington! Isn't he the guy with the neck injury, dropped by the Patsies, Eggles, and Ravins?

23. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    OH NO! Its all uphill from here!

24. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Gates plans to test foot before game

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on November 6, 2010 11:08 AM ET

In the NFL "doubtful" usually means out, even though it should mean a player has a 25% chance to play. Players listed as doubtful for road games on Friday are often downgraded to out on Saturday when they don't fly to the game.

Chargers All Pro tight end Antonio Gates should be headed to Houston despite his doubtful tag. Gates plans to test his injured foot (he has a toe injury, but a torn plantar fascia is a bigger problem now) before the game against the Texans.

"Sunday morning may be an understatement this time," Gates said via Kevin Acee of the San Diego Union-Tribune. "It might be an hour before the game now. I know it's going to be tougher (to make a decision) than it was last week."

The Chargers have to declare whether Gates is active 90 minutes before the game. Linebacker Brandon Siler and wideouts Malcom Floyd and Legedu Naanee are also doubtful, but the wide receivers probably don't have any chance to play.

25. floridaboltfan

floridaboltfan BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +11
    Gates will play decoy role for first half and comeout with a td late. Chargers win unless they get beat up by special teams again. Sproles will have a big receiving hope he canhang on to the ball.