1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Gates, teammates happy with All-Pro's return

Discussion in 'Latest Chargers News & Headlines' started by robdog, Sep 14, 2005.

1. robdog

robdog Code Monkey Staff Member Administrator

Jun 29, 2009
    <blockquote>Source: Fox Sports

SAN DIEGO (AP) - Now that he's off the scout team, Antonio Gates is eager to make up for lost time.

The All-Pro tight end will make his season debut Sunday when the San Diego Chargers visit the Denver Broncos. While the Chargers were losing to the Dallas Cowboys last Sunday, Gates was finishing a three-game suspension for missing a team-imposed deadline for ending his training camp holdout.

"Obviously I felt I let my team down because I wasn't there to help them this past Sunday," Gates said Wednesday. "It opens up an opportunity for us to go to Denver and take care of Denver because that was a lost opportunity. We wanted to win our home opener, and we didn't do that."</blockquote>

<a href="http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/4865518" target="_blank"><strong>Article Link</strong></a>