1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Gawd-Damn... LT Takes Lord's Name in Vain!! Almost

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by nickelbolt, Nov 30, 2008.

1. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Oh my... :icon_eek:

http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2008/11/30/sports/chargers/zd7a6cccb5299a98688257512001486b6.txt

SAN DIEGO ---- It is very seldom that a speech with a pointed message occurs following a game. Even rarer is that it was delivered by LaDainian Tomlinson.

But after the Chargers slipped to 4-8 by losing to the Atlanta Falcons on Sunday, Tomlinson challenged his teammates in a group setting before they went their separate ways.

"The message was don't give up and don't quit," Tomlinson said. "This is not a team that is going to quit. We don't have those guys in our locker room.

"A lot of people around the league are probably thinking we are going to pack it in and give up, but we won't.

"We're going to play as hard as we've ever played. Just so the guys know in that locker room to play as hard as they can and make sure we at least get the respect from people even if we don't win."

Even the possibility of somebody quitting doesn't sit well with Tomlinson. But he knows motivation could become a real issue after Sunday's 22-16 loss to the Falcons.

"We have four games left, and I'll be God-darned if we give up on four more games and just pack it in and be quitters," Tomlinson said. "I don't even know what that looks like. I don't know what that sounds like ... and I guarantee we are not going to do that."

Tomlinson also was asked if the Chargers' problems can be fixed by the current management.

"I certainly hope so from my standpoint," Tomlinson said. "I'm pretty sure every other guy feels like that. I'm sure there will be changes after the season with players. We know that Norv (Turner) will be back, so what do you do?

"You have to make a change with players. If you're losing, you expect that, and it's our fault."
    --------------------------------------------------

Well, LT... sounds like you haven't quit. But I saw some shiit out there today that makes me think otherwise. SHOW ME. PLEASE.

2. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192
    LT had to call the players only meetings last year too. I guess that the coaches can't manage it......

3. Harley

Harley BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +82
    if that means more of LT goin' down easy, no thanks.
    if that means we get to see more of Cooper strut'n his stuff after a 5 yard run down his throat, no f'n thanks.
    lot's n lot's a talk as far as i'm concerned.
    that chatter was for his children and chunky soup, it 'aint for the field.

4. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    :tup::tup::tup:

I am so Fracking tired of watching these guys get blown up then celebrate.

We are 4-8

If I were the HC I'd bench every player that celebrates a made tackle. Total BS.

:icon_evil::icon_evil::icon_evil:

• Like Like x 1
  5. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    He's had it with doing Norv's job for him!!!

6. montanabolthead

montanabolthead BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +30
    Where is Bobby Ross! Is Billick's name being considered or mentioned? Norv is a good O coordinator, but a HC he is not. Get someone who will light a fire and use the talent we have to mix up a game plan.

• Like Like x 1
  7. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

God, I hope so!!!! :yes:

If Billick becomes our HC, I'll go to church that Sunday.

8. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    We need a Head Coach that teaches........

[​IMG]

9. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Billick is not the solution. Try again.

10. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    :bow:

11. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    YES HE IS!!!

We get Billick and AJ keeps his big fat nose out of his business... SUPER BOWL TITLE, GUARANTEED!!!

Maybe even 2!!!

12. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976
    Nope. Not at all. Billick is an 'offensive' guy. The Superbowl he staggered into was on the shoulders of his defense. His offenses in Baltimore were animic at best.

We know you are a flavor of the month type guy, but Billick is a better commentator than a head Coach, and he sucks as a commentator.

13. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

Flavor of the month, nothing!!!!
    I've stated in threads from years ago that I wanted Billick. Now some people agree and you can't stand it!!!

Keep this in mind... When Billick became the Ravens head coach, they never had a winning season, much rather a Super Bowl title.
    All the pieces we on the table right in front of his eyes. He put the puzzle together and brought it to it's highest potential.

All the pieces of the puzzle are here for any head coach to put together. Norv's just too stupid and AJ's too egotistical.

14. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    I was taken the Lord's name in vain a hell of a lot more then LT was goddamnit!

15. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,976
    OK, so you have bee a fool for years. You got me there.

16. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Like I said "Now some people agree and you can't stand it!!!"

Keep up with your BOLTS4LIFE bashing. It doesn't bother me at all.
    I was right all along and you can't stand it!!!

17. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,976
    I dont give a rats *** if some people agree. Those people agreeing has zero to do with you. So dont break your arm patting yourself on the back, most of us still picture you in a corner with a conical hat on.

18. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    [​IMG]

19. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    I didn't claimed it did.
    Take your own advice and stop putting words into people's mouths!!!

20. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,976
    Really, do you even know what you write from one post to the next. Go look at how many times today you have tried and failed at attacking me with people agreeing with you.

Seriously, that is a lame approach, but one that is fitting of the Master of exclimation marks... :lol:

21. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    B4L please cool it a little

22. Enormo

Enormo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +210
    I sure hope so too. I live in B-more now. The if Billick was hired as our HC I would get a lot of free pity beers.

23. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    Did B4L hijack this thread? Survey Says....sort of.
    The hijacker is making a comeback and this time it's all positive?
    Jeez.

B4L cycle: Charger fan w/ real worries rails against delusional fans (i.e. cheerleaders like me), find scapegoat, blame the coach, blame the front office, MUTINY, watch Chargers get logically eliminated from playoffs and make up mind that Norv Turner is really going to get fired, cool down, begin fervent attempt to convince everybody that an announcer with a Superbowl ring is going to be the head coach the next year, repeat

24. gobolts_charger

gobolts_charger BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +11
    I wouldnt say that if I were you...He is watching.
    Although I believe it's OK to say "Damnit"..but leave
    God's name out of it.
    That was the closest I've ever seen LT to almost cussing.