1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

GEEZUS, listen to this idiot

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Savage Lizard, Sep 16, 2008.

1. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    http://www.nj.com/sports/index.ssf/2008/09/nfl_rewind_changers_need_to_st.html

STOP CRYING

Okay, we get it. Referee Ed Hochuli, he of the pumped-up guns and one of the NFL's best, made a terrible call near the end of the Broncos' 39-38 victory over the Chargers. Hochuli ruled a pass by Denver QB Jay Cutler incomplete, rather than a recovered fumble by San Diego. Coach Norv Turner, 0-2 after losing back-to-back shockers, called the ruling "not acceptable."

Enough already.

"Enough already" after one day?

It's been barely a day, and jerkoff makes it sound like this has been going on forever. Norv might have talked about it for all of a minute or so in his press conference.

People are justifiably pissed off, and going to the "crying" card belittles the legitimate beefs of those who have been screwed. It's not like they're unhappy about an interpretation of the rules or something, the referee flat f*cked up, and it cost the Chargers a win vs a divisional opponent.

I agree with some of the other points, but portraying this as "crying" is way beyond ridiculous.

2. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    ...It all depends on who's team it happens to. I was on the phone with a good friend (Cowboy's fan) when the play occured. He immediately started saying that "a rule is a rule". Once you biatch slap them into reality with, what if it had happened to your team, they get it. They may not admit it but who cares. They know, everyone knows, the truth.

3. GreyHoodie

GreyHoodie BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +9
    It was a horrible call and made mistake by a guy who by and largeis pretty good ref.

But it is a way to premature to call out fans for still complaining a day later.

For the sake of the destruction and annihilation of the evil NJ Bretts, I hope the team has moved on and is focusing on the task at hand.

But yeah the fans should still be griping about this. Anyone who thinks else-wise doesn't have a clue.

That being said although it was a very bad call if we look at the career of Ed, it makes little sense to say he ought be fired. He made a mistake. Something every ref does.

4. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +434
    Your right, and I agree. However ref's make bad calls every game but just like Norv said "in an inexcuseable mistake".

There is absolutely no reason for a ref of his stature to make a blatantly easy call a bad one. The ball for gods sakes went backwards first of all, which would make it a lateral to begin with so the ball should have been live, and the whistle should not have blown. Not to mention, that calling it incomplete when he is standing right there, when clearly the arm was not going forward was obsurd as well.

5. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Fact is the defense allowed us to be in a position to let that blown call affect the outcome of the game. It is on us more than it is on the official IMO.

Also if the O had pushed it in on those two FGs it is a non factor. I know, 'if whishes were fishes'...

Time to move on and punish the Jets.

6. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    That's all true, but my point was that the guy who wrote the piece was calling the Chargers out for still being pissed THE NEXT DAY. It seemed like a very unfair piece that portrayed the Chargers in a bad light, calling them crybabies essentially.

That's what pissed me off. :mad2:

7. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    F' that! they shall not stop being pissed until marchs, and only soothed then by the new lombardi sitting in the display case at Charger park!!!!:icon_evil:

8. GreyHoodie

GreyHoodie BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +9
    There is also no reason for a QB of Peyton Manning stature to throw 6 ints in a single game. Yet only and idiot would think Peyton ought be fired from his job because of his horrendous showing against the Chargers last year.

There is no question the call was horrible, bone-head and just an all around F up. Charger fans have every reason to be pissed.

But when we look at the overall performance of Ed Hochuli, it doesn't make sense to fire him. Should this count against him when they decide who ought ref in the post season -- sure. But one mistake should not get the guy fired. OTOH if this becomes a pattern, then the NFL will need to get rid of him. But one screw up no matter how large should not be the basis of getting rid of him.

If I was the NFL, I might avoid sending him to officiating a Chargers game for a little while though. Not as punishment nor because they need to but just b/c of fan sensitivity.

9. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    If they screwed the Jets, in this reporters case, or the Patriots in your case you'd be complaining about it far beyond today and it would seen as 'righteous anger'

• Like Like x 1
  10. LT-Express

Ratings:
    +434

LMAO...do you hear your logic? Thats like saying okay well the best chef in the world who has never had any mistakes cooking food, under cooks your food and you get salmonilla and die he shouldnt be fired cause its his first screw up? Come on bro listen to yourself, comparing one of the best QB's to play the game to an official is ridiculous.

Oh and for the record I dont think he should be fired but repromanded from doing any games of stature for awhile. Meaning playoff games, super bowl, and games with playoff implications at the end of the year.

11. LT-Express

Ratings:
    +434

I disagree, our defense let us down in the first half, but did what they had to do and shut Denver out in the second half to take the lead. It doesnt matter how many yards they give up but only how many points they give up. I have also heard all the Denver fans and even some Charger fans say "well we still had an opportunity to keep them out of the endzone and we didnt". Which is a cop out and totally bogus. This is the NFL guys, professional athletes getting paid to play. And you cant give professionals extra chances to win or it will killl a team like this case.

12. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    ...It won't get him fired but can you imagine if Hochuli had done that in a Super Bowl or even play-off game?? I think this blunder might cost him an officiating spot come play-off time, and it should.

13. Ray Dahayder

Ray Dahayder BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +33
    I lived back in NJ and worked in NYC for a long time and let me tell ya, these people like to think of themselves as so tough and able to withstand all hardships, but I've never seen a bigger pack of whining, crybaby, "oh, look, mommy... a boo boo" , "the world is against us" type of POS as I did when I lived back there.

So, I wouldn't take this guy's drivel as anything any more noteworthy than a good, loud fa rt.

If this had happened to the Jets or Giants, that whole tri state area back there would be paralyzed and crying for the whole rest of the season.

Dumb, jackholes..... the first snow of the year and the news channels made it sound like it was the F-ing end of the world. "How are New Yorkers coping?" Jesus, almighty, what a bunch of cry babies. Talk about Jewish guilt and paranoia....... you had to wear hip waders just to keep from getting soaked by all the tears.

14. TheBeast

TheBeast BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    A referee will make mistakes but one that will cost a team the game. He screwed the chargers because he knew if he didn't overturn the call he would of gotten lynched by the donkey fans, and that is not exceptable. The jets game is a must win now, enough is enough we need to emerge as the talented team we are, and nothing against LT but if you going to reinjur your w/e you have please get on IR and get it fixed, because I don't want him as a cheerleader.

15. TheBeast

TheBeast BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    A referee will make mistakes but one that will cost a team the game. He screwed the chargers because he knew if he didn't overturn the call he would of gotten lynched by the donkey fans, and that is not exceptable. The jets game is a must win now, enough is enough we need to emerge as the talented team we are, and nothing against LT but if you going to reinjur your w/e you have please get on IR and get it fixed, because I don't want him as a cheerleader.

16. Enormo

Enormo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +210
    The irony is delicious. :lol:

I've gone out on a bunch of different sites that are Team agnostic (CNNSI, ESPN and the like) and 80% of all the Broncos/Chargers comments are from Bronco's fans/sympathisers whining about Chargers fans.

The ONLY reason that they have shown up in such huge numbers is that they know that they were given a gift by a blown call. They know that they were beaten.

Their dissonance is palpable. Their self-doubt obvious. They are SO definsive that they can't help but flood every site imaginable to drown out the voices in the back of their little heads telling them that they're full of shat.

Their diahrea of the keyboard is more damning than any argument that I could have ever made. Congrats Donkos fans! :icon_toast:

17. Chuck F.

Chuck F. Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +37
    If the Chargers are ever gonna turn this season around, they better realize that this game is more about the ****** defense than the officiating.:yes:

18. Chuck F.

Chuck F. Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +37

Nice Siggy.:icon_rofl:

19. LT-Express

Ratings:
    +434
    I agree whole heartedly but thats not what this conversation is about. This is about the fact that no matter what the defense or offense did for that matter we were in a position to win and a bad call changed that. If the game was 3-0 and the defense was pitching a shut out and the offense was going up against the best defense in the league but managed to get that 3 points to take a lead and this happen would you be saying its more than the officiating? No matter what happens in the game you have to put yourself in a position to win, we did that and it was taken away.

20. tboltzcali

tboltzcali Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108
    i agree but disagree.....the defense held denver to 0 points the second half. Thats steppin up big time. Our offense came back from a 31-17 halftime deficit....thats steppin up big time. IF the call is made, game over...im more upset that we could of lost a player to an injury on the 2 extra plays in the game...

21. tboltzcali

tboltzcali Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108
    again, adjusting and shuttin out the donks the second half isnt too ****** of a defense. along with the bad call the first drive of the game....we gave up 23 points in the game....see it how you see it. but dont take away there heart and fight from the game.