1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Get your sh!t together

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by PowderLove, Sep 17, 2007.

1. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    What's going on here? A lot of people are acting like Giants fans when Eli was in the tank. Get your heads on straight, fans from other teams are probably having a ball watching fans from our board melt down. Keep it together.

2. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    No ****.

One game. We were flat and played like crap.

The Pats lost 31-0 to the Bills in week one of 2003, yet went on to win the Super Bowl.

One game ....... in week two doesn't a season make.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Lightning's Girl

Lightning's Girl Mod Chick =) Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,153
    Hey, PL, it's probably just because we're not used to seeing our mighty team roll over and play dead like we did last night in what I call the "Foxborough Fiasco". That was completely out of character for us, and it rattled a lot of cages. Doesn't mean we aren't true believers..........but I personally will feel a lot more optimistic when Norv Turner starts looking like he's actually paying attention to the game and the players start doing what they do best!

4. mandude

mandude BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +59
    It's more coupled with a weak offseason, weak preseason, a weak game one, and a pathetic game 2. With a questionable new coach, and still a lot the same problems from last years unncorrected, it's hard not get worried.

still hoping for the best.

5. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    That's a 100% guess.

• Like Like x 1
  6. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    Of course we're all worried, but seeing a "Bench Rivers" thread made me angry. We can't start declaring doom for the Chargers, we have to be strong, pull together and believe in our team.

7. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    NO SHIIT!!!

I'm just pissed off at the sloppy play

otherwise

on to the SB!!!!

:bolt: :bolt: :bolt:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    :abq2: :icon_rofl: - If Rivers throws 3-4 picks before halftime and we are down 3 TD's and Rivers best receiver is a Packer defensive lineman, bench his ***. :icon_eek: :yes:

9. BlueandGold

BlueandGold The Oracle

Ratings:
    +219
    I concur.

I mean, wtf people? We lost a game, and yeah, it hurt, but oh my lord. It's game effing two of the season and people are saying to bench this guy, fire this guy. Unbelievable.

That Patriots team is the best team in the NFL right now, and they stomped a mudhole in a team that thought they could just stroll into Foxboro and toss the ball around. Ridiculous, yes, but it's one stinking game.

We opened our season against two of last year's final four, and we're 1 and 1. I'll take it. This loss hurt especially bad because it was to the Raiders of the East, but it was in their house on a night where they had a major chip on their shoulder.

Yeah, we freaking lost, and we're all freaking humiliated. But I hope we (and the team) don't spend too much time crying about it, because unlike the last time we lost, WE PLAY NEXT WEEK.

Suck it up and move on.

10. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    Conc lost weight and got a boob job?

11. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207
    Excellent....fan leadership surfaces. Don't waver on a perfectly fine football team. You have great players and a huge fan base.

It really is very early in the season. One loss does not put any team into the tank especially one with the weapons system the Chargers have. Keep the faith..a brand new coaching staff needs to gel. Mid-season form...you guys will be fearsome.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    You know what, Blincoe? Stuff it. You were talking like this before the game, but then on other threads in this forum after the game you were calling people pieces of sh*t & showing a whole different side.

Phucque you & your phucquing team. They played a great game last night & gave us a butt-whooping. Now go enjoy it with the rest of your chowda-sucking friends. Speaking for myself, I don't need or want your patronizing, two-faced BS.

Like I told you before, there's only room for one Buck on this forum, & it ain't you!!!! :2guns:

13. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,641
    DUDE
    SERIOUSLY
    SHUT - THE - **** - UP

14. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

I agree with everything you say here but we still have the worst Head Coach in NFL history!!! :icon_evil:

He's proven that he still sucks!!

15. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,628
    View Profile: PowderLove

If you were here last year you'd see this is all like deja vu. When we lost to the Ravens week 2 last season many of us, including myself, went into full FIRE MARTY mode.

I'm trying my hardest to stay calm about what happen yesterday, a loss would have been one thing, it was the complete dismantling of the team that made me sick, so sick I couldn't even watch the second half. I checked out at halftime, I just couldn't watch the ineptitude any longer with out risking a heart attack.

I'm biting my lip until the bye at the earliest, but if things don't improve, and I mean like in the next 4-5 days, we're gonna get pwn3d by Favre and the much improved Packers.

16. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +382
    Hey guys there is good news that came out of the Patriots game...

Jeromey Clary is our new RT :abq2: :abq2: :abq2:

17. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    Actually that thought did cross my mind.

18. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +382
    POSITIVES: Intelligent tackle with a good degree of upside potential. Outstanding position blocker who effectively uses angles and knocks rushers from the action. Gets movement run-blocking, plays with a nasty attitude and stays with assignments. Seals linebackers from the action on the second level. Displays outstanding instincts and remains alert through the action.

Everything enlarged is what Olivea lacks. And Mike Goof.... I hate that guy. POS guard. Never liked him never will.

19. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    MTL even Madden was gushing a little bit over this guy.

We'll see this week. :yes:

20. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +382
    What's there to gush about when it's obvious that Olivea is getting raped on every play (including the Bears game) and the second Clary came in he kept it clean for Rivers. Olivea and Goff are horrible if AJ had the balls to admit it instead of being proud of "his guys" maybe our line would actually be able to perform like Indy or Cinci's lines do in pass protection. Olivea had a great rookie season and went downhill.

21. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    No, that honor goes to Harland Svare.

22. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    :yes:

23. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +382
    I have personally watched each packer game and I can tell you that the refs game them the opener against Philly and their defense has big holes.

24. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054
    I'm actually calming down now because I know that Norv and our team (with the exceptions of the few players who did well) have been humbled and know they blew it...I think it's entirely possible that we may eek out another win or two this season....:icon_huh:

But boy, that was ugly. I don't think we'll be hearing any smack talk this week. I did like the Merriman sacks though...I hope he plays well this season and silences his critics.

We better win this Sunday.

25. twilight15

twilight15 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +22
    I also hope I don't hear any trash-talking from anyone on the Chargers. They blew the game wide off, so they have nothing to say about it.

26. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,223
    Welcome to the forum.