1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Getting loud on defense

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by StocktonBoltFan, Sep 10, 2007.

1. StocktonBoltFan

StocktonBoltFan BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1
    i noticed on the first drive the fans were getting loud on everyplay for the defense and then as the game went on it got to the point where they were only loud on third down plays. i know its tough to stay pumped a whole game especially when the offense isn't putting up the points we are used to seeing but we as fans still need to be as loud as we were the first drive the ENTIRE game. and also our 4th and one play it was loud as ever, i know there was a decent amount of bears fans in the stadium but there were definately alot of charger fans yelling on that play too. We are going to have tough games where we as fans need to stay pumped the entire game even if we aren't scoring 30 points. and when we are on offense everyone needs to sit down and shut up(until we score of course). otherwise the atmosphere was great and good to get a win against a great defense like the bears. Go bolts.

2. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    That's why we need a domed stadium, or at least one with a retractable roof, so we can have a sealed enclosure and pipe in noise at the appropriate times, just like the Colts do. :lol:

3. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Dude, I don't think the people on this message board are the people you should be talking to. I lost my voice screaming yesterday. I also think that all crowds ebb and flow with the game. It's always louder at the beginning, the end and on third downs.

4. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    We can get very loud, especially during rival or playoff games. But yesterday, it could have been silent and the Bears offense would have still imploded.

5. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
  6. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    I'm still trying to get my voice back.

• Like Like x 1
  7. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,074
    we have the perfect weather, why else would we need a domed stadium?

8. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851
    You didn't read my post on the UT forum where then it could be used like a pseudo convention center, the way Glendale is using the Cards' stadium in the offseason?

The SD Convention Center is already booked solid, with a waiting list, and a domed stadium would allow some of the smaller events to be rerouted to it, or spillover from larger events.

Hundreds of booked events over the next several years, bringing in about 5 to 10 million in revenue each. That right there is $500 million in revenue and goes a long way towards repaying the cost of the new stadium. Those events don't get booked with an open air stadium.

• Like Like x 1
  9. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    My voice is very horse. As board as I was through the first half and most of the third quarter, I still wanted the win (even if it was an ugly one).

The blocked field goal and fumble at the two yard line were major crowd killers but I kept on yelling!!! :abq2: :abq1:

10. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    You're absolutely right. The Card's stadium held something like 80 events in the first 120 days.

11. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,074
    I do not go to the UT site any more.

12. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,074
    Lets go the other way, who are the nimrod's that want to start that "LT" chant when we have the ball.

13. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851
    fuggin n00bs or else they were Chicago fans calling out LT.

14. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    We have some pretty ignorant fans and the dude running the scoreboard inciting people to yell "LT" does not help when the offense is on the field. Our section is pretty good about when to shut up and when someone close gets out of line, we all remind them to shut the fuc up. :lol:

15. StocktonBoltFan

StocktonBoltFan BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1

I hear you man, i know its not the people on this board, its just frustrating. and like i said i know its hard staying pumped after plays like the goal line offsides/fumble. i just wish the crowd as a whole could take it to that next level where they are loud everydown on defense because it truely does help our team out tremendously.

16. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Playoffs and against the Giants with Eli are the only times I have witnessed what you ask.

It would take about a pound of coke per section and brothers and sistas would be jumping off :abq1: :abq2:

17. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851
    That's why we need a domed stadium, so we can pipe in crowd noise and play it very loud when opposing teams are on offense, like the Colts do. :lol:

18. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851
    Isn't San Diego County one of the nation's largest meth production zones? They can't pass some around as party favors before the game? :icon_tease: :lol: