1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

getting pounded with snow

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Boltzzz, Jan 10, 2007.

1. Boltzzz

Boltzzz BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +87
    Hey guys, I know this is a useless thread but just letting you know it will be touch and go if I make it down for the game, we are getting hit with snow and below 0 temps and Denver is suppose to get between 1-3 inches again on Friday. I am suppose to fly into Denver on Sat evening so hopefully the flights will go on as scheduled or at least get me there by game time!!!!! How bad would that suck to be stuck in the Denver airport watching the Boltzzz kick ***!!! At least there would be cold beer. Go Boltzzz :icon_toast:

2. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    We should have good weather on Saturday.

The Bolt karma gods will not fail you young jedi.....ok so you are not that young. :lol:

3. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    i'm guessing but the chargers/pompous patriots game will be on at every airport in this country. Just find a good bar if your stuck and cozy up to the nicest waitress to get free drinks all night. :yes: :bolt:

4. Boltzzz

Boltzzz BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +87
    foober, we are gonna have to go down there together for a game, you are in Kalispell right?? Yeah I will get a good seat at the bar if I have to, hopefully it wont come down to that!!!!

5. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Do me a huge favor.

If you can pick me up those free magazines from your local 7/11 or Circle K in Montana or whatever they call your convenience stores. I am looking for the free real estate booklets to get an idea of what homes and land is going for in your area. The internet is good but sometimes you can not beat the local free publications. If it is a hassle no worries........I will just put extra hot sauce on your burrito. :lol:

6. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    That is a good idea.

A stranded and snowbound lone wolf Charger fan vying for a pity drink and a quickie. :lol: :bolt2:

7. Boltzzz

Boltzzz BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +87
    Trumpy, shouldnt be any trouble, I have the day off tomorrow so I will try to remember to pick one up when im out running around in -3 degree temps, while you guys are enjoying your 60 + weather!!!!! I heard foober has a place for sale right next door, might want to check that out, just kidding but serious, are you thinking of buying something in Montana???

8. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Yes we are and we are serious. The land seems inexpensive relative to the rest of the United States. I understand it is an ice cube 9 months out of the year. I do not know **** about Montana other than what I have heard from friends at the tailgaters. We need open space and some quiet and no traffic jams and low property taxes etc etc etc. There seem to be good HUD home buys which require us to live in the home for a year minimum before we sell (the idea being to flip homes for a profit) or buy something and build or buy something which is already built with a little acreage....

Either way, I will have a arctic pack 5th wheel to do my recon in the area soon (within the next 12-18 months or so).

Also, it is the only state which has a standing reciprocal agreement with California for medical marijuana patients. It is nice to know you are not living as a criminal in your own home state just to combat an illness.

Oregon and Washington are on the agenda as well with Texas as the final destination in 5-10 years or so.

Well that is the plan man ..... who knows but it is the plan so far.....and if the Chargers say goodbye it makes the decision to leave easier......and if they stay....well......I may stay as well.....

This is some messed up stuff to plan your life and business around football but that is the way it is for me. Oh well.....

Go Chargers !!! :helm1: :bolt2: :helm1:

9. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    No worries. You'll make it. The Bolt gods will shine.

10. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    I'm tryingto get it orgainzied to go down next week. I'm getting my bloody taxes done right now. ANd I've got to hook up a backup generator to our main electrical system. So I can't get down this week. My brother wanted me down this week. But I just couldn't. The tax thing is really whats holding me up now. :tdown:

I'm jealous you get to go now. Your of course gonna have a blast.. Dang friggin life stuff I gotta get done and organized.. Yeah we should go down together next year if you want. Through mormon land in utah. Through vegas and down to L.A. and then san diego. My brother lives there. So we'll have a place to sleep.. I purposely bought this good gas milage car to do just that but now i've got all these other sheet things that gotta get done. Sheet.

11. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,058
    snow :icon_shrug:

what the heck is snow :icon_shrug:

is that the stuff the penguins stand on inside their exibit at Sea World?

Can you mail me some so I can at least touch it, if you can I will mail you some San Diego sunshine

12. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    Boltzzz... We are getting snow here in Utah.. I think Montana is turfing it to us.:icon_twisted:

Denver is used to getting flights in and out during snow... 1-3 inches might delay flights in the Rocky Mt. area but that amount rarely seems to shut down airports.

Have fun in SD this weekend... :tup:

13. Boltzzz

Boltzzz BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +87
    Yeah I know, all you California guys dont get any of this white stuff, and I wish I was somewhere nice and warm so I wouldnt have to put up with the cold and snow, but I'm not so no use in whining about it!!!!! And yeah ask the penguins what it is, because they are in it all the time, boy would it suck to be a penguin!!!! Go Boltzzz :icon_toast:

14. Boltzzz

Boltzzz BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +87
    Thanks carrie, I hope you are right and I will have a blast in Boltz country, even though it will be a quick trip, I am looking forward to it

15. Daddy_O

Daddy_O Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +300
    You can borrow my truck. You just have to come get it.