1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Ghelkin: Chargers expected to retain Mike Meekcoi

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by matilack, Jan 2, 2016.

1. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    Michael Gehlken ‏@UTgehlken 9m9 minutes ago

Chargers expected to retain Mike McCoy. Decision to be finalized Monday. Philip Rivers: "Mike's not the problem." http://bit.ly/1SsZ7fc

2. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +4,413
    :cautious: :confused: :rolleyes: :eek: :sick: :D :p :laugh: :roflmao:

• Like Like x 1
  3. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,556

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Cheapseats

Cheapseats Loud, proud Charger fan

Ratings:
    +373
    McCoy is not THE problem...he is one of several problems. I'd make a list here, but I have a Chargers game to watch tomorrow.

5. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,584

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    Bull crap if this happen and it is all McCoy's fault this team is ****. Inability to gameplan, adapt to players strengths, motivate, inspire. Plus his damn loyalty to Reich. Funk this team if the keep him

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    Oh Chargers leadership, you don't disappoint in your ability to disappoint

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,556
    Not getting Melvin Gordon in the end zone against Miami was the nail in the coffin for me. If that brainless ******** had one speck of common sense he'd have known how important that opportunity was, not only for Melvin but to the entire team rooting for the kid.

And I don't want to hear injury excuses, we had games where we were mostly healthy with a ton of players returning (Oakland 1) and we got ******* shelled. I've seen absolutely no progress from any of the young offensive talent, which is supposed to be Meekcoi's forte. Other than Keenan Allen...what do we have on offense next year? Fluker hasn't progressed an inch, Dunlap and Franklin have declined, Gates is going to turn 36, Floyd is gone, we have a black hole at the C position, and Barksdale is a FA who outplayed his contract and now has little incentive to return given the state of things.

It tells me two things...

A) Meekcoi play caller, not a coach. And even calling him a "play caller" is generous considering nobody had ever heard of him until Peyton Manning became the QB in Denver; and now he doesn't even have the ******* sack to take the clipboard out of Reich's hands.

B) The team is likely not moving to LA in 2016, because there is no way you can sell a visor donning coward like that to a fan base that (apart from not really existing) that doesn't have enough of a home team bias built up to swallow that frozen cat turd.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Cheapseats

Ratings:
    +373
    Don't beat around the bush...how do you really feel? :D:laugh::broncossuck:

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Bruce Daniel

Bruce Daniel BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +242
    Sounds like Rivers knows what IS the problem. I'd love to hear it, but we never will. I know Rivers said earlier in the year that some guys needed to behave/act more professionally. I suspect that group includes Gordon, Ingram, and Butler. Throw in Weddle's year long contract mess on top of that. Hopefully Gordon works his tail off to get better in the offseason, Ingram seems to have taken a step forward, Butler should be cut finally and Weddle is history.
    On a side note, I wouldn't mind canning Reich and bringing back Whisenhunt if we retain McCoy.

11. Razma

Razma Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +115
    Looking forward to more clapping on the sidelines and lack of game planning or any adjustments. Happy New Year indeed.

12. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,556
    Rivers also backed up Norv Turner. Just because he's a quarterback, and an overall good guy, doesn't mean we should take his word for it.

13. Blitzy

Blitzy Spanos Chargers Troll

Ratings:
    +1,026
    Even if he is retained (BIG IF), he will be a lame duck HC without a contract extension on the shortest of leashes. Sounds like the Deadpanoses are hedging their bet that there will be no LA relocation in 2016, possibly to be delayed till 2017.

Another p*ss poor on the field product for the San Deigns to enjoy in 2016!

14. Bruce Daniel

Bruce Daniel BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +242
    Good point. I just get the feeling there's some underlying problems with some players on the team. I could be wrong though, and I have no proof of this. Just reading between the lines on some comments made over the past couple years

15. powayslugger

powayslugger Feckless Slappy

Ratings:
    +276
    Can anyone really get too worked up about McCoy staying or going? If they're gonna be the LA Chargers then I don't care. I have turned my givashit meter off until the NFL decides if the Chargers stay or leave. If they stay I'll start to care again. If they leave it's jersey burning time. It's the San Diego part of the name that matters to me. Otherwise I could be a Patriot, Packer or Seahawk fan because they're winners.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Blitzy

Ratings:
    +1,026
    Music to RobDog's ears. Look no further than the first ad on the bottom of this very page ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. House of Hayne

House of Hayne Chargers Smash

Ratings:
    +204
    Can we get a black Monday podcast?
    Or a WTF Tuesday podcast to see what :poop: falls out

• Like Like x 2
  18. Moses

Moses Can You Stand The Rain?

Ratings:
    +358
    I can't take another year of Frank Reich, even if McCoy keeps his job Reich better be gone.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. JohnnyX

JohnnyX 2017 Chargers Head Coach

Ratings:
    +378
    Man I need some gaabaagoo to listen to this crap.

20. Cheapseats

Ratings:
    +373
    It occurred to me that this is the same front office that promised to work with the city of San Diego...McCoy might not want to get too comfortable about his job.

• Funny Funny x 1
  21. Fossil

Fossil BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +389
    Then there's this quote buried in the article: "The call on McCoy belongs to John Spanos, the Chargers' president of football operations."
    If all the Spanos' want is a lapdog GM, I'm sure one of Dean's grandkids could do the job part time until they graduate high school.

22. JohnnyX

JohnnyX 2017 Chargers Head Coach

Ratings:
    +378
    Burn...NOICE! If only we can leave Fabiani a nasty voice mail we'd be set......hmmm

23. Fouts

Fouts I heart Deano!

Ratings:
    +350
    Maybe this means the Chargers will be in SD for another year, LA is big NFL town, no way they accept a mediocre coach like Milk toast McCoy! :D

24. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,737
    I'm sure it would be a really nice message for him, like...

burn_in_hell_alive-496745.jpg

25. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,737
    I just saw that my local grocery store is stocking up on vanilla, that must mean McCoy is sticking around!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  26. Lawyers guns & money

Lawyers guns & money BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +112
    I wouldn't say LA is a big NFL town with 2 teams leaving 20 years ago. The media in LA is a lot tougher than in San Diego though and Spanos will be skewered

27. Blitzy

Ratings:
    +1,026
    Powder form or liquid?!

Last edited: Jan 3, 2016
  28. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,737
    It could be either:

1229_07_16_2012__16_11_41_456.jpg
    Or:

snorting-cocaine-3.jpg

29. Fouts

Fouts I heart Deano!

Ratings:
    +350
    I was kidding about LA being a big NFL town, however, it will be ingeresting to see what happens, the sport is more popular than ever, they may be stoked. I agree the media there will be much tougher on Spanos, I can't wait! Muhahahhahaa!:devilish:

30. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,423
    So, in the past two days we've seen reports that the Chargers are set to fire McCoy and reports that they're expected to retain him....yet people still waste their time on these speculative reports?

Wake me up when official news is reported.