1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Giants Claim Gartrell Johnson

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Skuzzlebutt, Sep 15, 2009.

1. Skuzzlebutt

Skuzzlebutt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +128
  2. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    Our RB situation in a few years is ucked.

3. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192
    I actually think he'll do OK there. They have the best offensive line in the league, and they get their runningbacks to the second level of the defense consistently. Gartrell will do alright there because he won't have to dance around in the backfield so much waiting for the hole to open up.

4. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Ah s**t....

• Like Like x 1
  5. ntman68

ntman68 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +139
    This bums me out.

6. Chargers4lyfe

Chargers4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +9
    Not cool @ all :tdown:

7. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155
    Eh keep Sproles, depending on how LT does maybe keep him, then draft a RB 1st or 2nd round. Gartrell is a project, and if LT isn't brought back next year we'll need a guy that can produce relatively quick.

But hopefully LT comes back strong the rest of the year and it doesn't become a big concern.

But I wish Gartrell the best of luck as long as he isn't facing us.

8. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +500
    What a complete F'in waste. I called this as soon as I heard they were bringing Coleman in. WTF for!?. Nothing. A 4th round pick lost so cheaply. Maybe it was a gamble but boy did we lose. I'm not saying GJ is the next Burner far from it but I hate to see a guy that cost us a 4th rounder who we brought along in training camp just disappear unnecesssarily. It makes me wanna puke!.

:icon_evil:

9. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,407
    Hard to draw that kind of conclusion when there's no telling who we'll draft between now and then.

10. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    Eh so what? He'll be available again in a few weeks.

He's only being brought in as a backup because NYG's backup RB will be out for a few weeks. Once that guy returns, Gartrell will be released by them.

Besides, he was the #6 RB with us. Sort of like the #6 WR. Other than ST, when was he ever going to play this year?

11. cranberry

cranberry BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +195
    Good spoken Irish Bolt. We lost a gem for the future. But as we talked before. Bennett is now a needed force to replace injured LT. Gartrell was 4th RB and this is a throwing team.
    Be sure next draft AJ is looking for RB.

12. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    That's why I wanted to draft Knowshowne Moreno! :unsure:

13. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +500
    Yep, I agree he was well down the batting order but why draft a RB in that spot then?. It's not like he was ever going to be good enough to be the every down back this year or even next for that matter.

If u look at some of the guys still on the board there jeeeeeeeeeeeeez.

Duke Robinson was there. We could do with some big body like him now!. Javon Ringer might prove to be a better back, he was there.

OK, that's it for me on the subject. Like someone said it'll be interesting to see if the G men cut him in 2 weeks or so.

14. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    Blame Vaughn Martin. Martin is so far from NFL ready right now that he's basically a black hole on the roster. He takes a spot but he's essentially good for nothing at present. That's the only way the Coleman acquisition makes sense. So we had to pick up an extra D-lineman to cover for the Canadian ghost currently occupying a spot.