1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Giants dump more money into the drain

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by msmith, Mar 19, 2007.

1. msmith

msmith BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +12
    ...I mean Eli. I hope their fans don't complain him anymore.

I visited their site and this is the reasoning: if Clements gets 80 mil in the open marketing, just think how much Eli will get when he becomes a free agent. It is logical to lock him up for another 5 years.

It is called "Halo effect". Well, if one Manning could do it, other Manning must be able to pull off a SB in the future too. :D

• Like Like x 1
  2. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Man that's alot of jack for a mediocre QB.

• Like Like x 1
  3. PhillyChargerFan

PhillyChargerFan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +288
    But, he's not medicore. He's a manning :tup:

:icon_rofl: :icon_rofl:

4. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    i might be worried simply because the price to keep rivers over time will likely rocket upwards

having said that, paying that much damn money on Eli..............BWAHAHAHAAHAHAH!!!! :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl:

• Like Like x 1
  5. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    word

6. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    Giants fans still backup their organization for the deal that gave us Rivers, Merriman and Kaeding for Manning. LOL

We're gonna hear all about how Eli will finally breakout in 07' and how he will be a lock for the probowl now that he's got a little more job security. LOL HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

7. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    Eli without Tiki is a horrid thought if you're a Giants fan. Sucks for them. :lol:

8. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    Yeah at least Clements was a probowler. Eli hasnt shown to be a good QB yet and they reward him for regressing.

Great plan. I bet the fans are happy since they have been calling fopr his head this past season.

9. getfresh

getfresh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6
    First this:

Then this:

In other words, the Giants went out of their way to emphasize that Eli has NOT been signed any longer than we have to, although we could have dumped him by not paying that $5 mil.

On a side note, what a crappy contract the Giants negotiated if his performance thus far has triggered all these clauses to get him more money.

edit: both stories from pft

10. Chargers-Superhero

Chargers-Superhero Just win the Damn SB !!!

Ratings:
    +117
    ELI sucks. I didn't want him on SD then, and I wouldn't want him on my team now. He's not a LEADER, and you need that at QB. He has no emotion, and leadership skills like his brother, or other QB's in the league who are great (CARSON PALMER,RIVERS, BRADY, BREES.) He doesn't take control of the game like those QB's do. I remember talking about this all last season, you could easily see it in the GIANTS games. He also lacks a certain amount of confidence, which the other QB's I mentioned do not. They are winners, he is not. He is very overated, but definitely needs a better coach. Best thing for him is to be his brother's backup, and learn something. Or get a better head coach who understands the QB position, and can set him straight. Thank God we got RIVERS instead of ELI!!!:tup: :yes:

11. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    I would love to see Eli go to the Raiders... Then unleash the hounds of Defence on him twice a year... Awes yes!:yes:

12. msmith

msmith BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +12
    Instead of getting an extension on contract, Eli gets a raise. Still, 8 mil on 08 and 8.5 mil on 09? He either structures the contract or better wins a SB for the team by that time.

13. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848
    let the giants spend it, its there team that will suck